Additional Fuel Storage Of Scooters & Stepthroughs

jamesbrock

Additional fuel storage  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Even the smallest village will have somewhere selling bottles of fuel so the need for extra storage would seem not to be needed. Remember 10 litres is an extra 9kg to carry so the bike works harder too.

Biggest advantage of the 5.5 liter tanks on the new Honda's!

Wave125i does 300+ km per tank due to its 60km/l frugality.

Never realized how convenient this range is esprcially compared to my older click which barely gets 140 km out of a tank...

So yes, certainly do understand the OP...

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Even the smallest village will have somewhere selling bottles of fuel so the need for extra storage would seem not to be needed. Remember 10 litres is an extra 9kg to carry so the bike works harder too.

Specific Gravity of petrol is 737 kg/m3 so 10 litres would weigh 7.37kg's not 9kg's.

whats an extra 7 kilograms to a motorbike ? you could save even more by making your gf take the bus and meet her at the destination ....

that would save on average probably 50 kilograms and the bus only costs 6 thb

who would carry 50 kilos of ballast when he could have it transported for 6 thb ?

• Like 1

Most scooters are only designed for a total load of 100kg. This affects ride stability braking and performance.Yes they will carry more, as we know this is Thailand, but design specs are design specs.

Most scooters are only designed for a total load of 100kg. This affects ride stability braking and performance.Yes they will carry more, as we know this is Thailand, but design specs are design specs.

some of the better scooters can carry more ,i doubt the pcx 150 is designed for 100kg total

My butt need a break ever few hundred Km's However, some placed I do drive in Thailand is few and far between. ANd some times the one and only little village station is closed or out causing me problems on more than 1 occation. I have started carring a 4 lt. gas can with me at times.

That said, the other day I was at the metal fabracator shop and notice 5 bikes there. All were in the process of having their tanks made bigger. The shop informed me that it usually cost 600 - 1200 Bt. to add a few extra Lt. of fuel to a tank. This had got me thinking . . .

My butt need a break ever few hundred Km's However, some placed I do drive in Thailand is few and far between. ANd some times the one and only little village station is closed or out causing me problems on more than 1 occation. I have started carring a 4 lt. gas can with me at times.

That said, the other day I was at the metal fabracator shop and notice 5 bikes there. All were in the process of having their tanks made bigger. The shop informed me that it usually cost 600 - 1200 Bt. to add a few extra Lt. of fuel to a tank. This had got me thinking . . .

were they all honda pcx's having it done ?

were they all honda pcx's having it done ?

One was a PCX 125 the rest were a miss match of older and new of diffrent brands

I am all for longer range. On some of my rides where I go fuel can be few and far apart.

All the new Hondas, IE PCX, Click, Wave, Spacy have a 5.5 lt tank or larger. Giveing up nothing in underseat storage and at no additional cost.

Though I would like a system, The costs you suggest are out of line for what you get.

My wave with it;s small 3.7 Lt tank gets me about 200 km. When I know I will need longer I carry my 200 Baht gas can in my basket or on my rack. Does the same thing doubles my range as well as allows me to help others if needed

I am all for longer range. On some of my rides where I go fuel can be few and far apart.

All the new Hondas, IE PCX, Click, Wave, Spacy have a 5.5 lt tank or larger. Giveing up nothing in underseat storage and at no additional cost.

Though I would like a system, The costs you suggest are out of line for what you get.

My wave with it;s small 3.7 Lt tank gets me about 200 km. When I know I will need longer I carry my 200 Baht gas can in my basket or on my rack. Does the same thing doubles my range as well as allows me to help others if needed

When did the Honda Wave 110i get a larger fuel tank? I'm still seeing 3.7 liter on the (110i) specs...