Reliability Of Thailand'S Lab Tests?

happysanook

I have this tendency to not trust the Thai at anything so serious or involved as these sorts of things....

This is a highly sensitive, but relatively "difficult" test to perform. Probably not difficult for properly trained people, but it's no "at-home-test kit"... And generally is sent to outside labs to perform (from hospitals, clinics etc...)

Of course, it might vary from lab to lab, but generally speaking, how well trained are these technicians? Can I trust the results assuming time enough has passed from the exposure?

If you don't trust the Thai at anything... why even bother asking about it?

But: I've done lot of testing in Thailand (hospitals only, NO private clinics) and every two year cross-checked during my standard health check that I must do for my job (through Swiss labs) and always found the results to mach.

If you don't trust the Thai at anything... why even bother asking about it?

But: I've done lot of testing in Thailand (hospitals only, NO private clinics) and every two year cross-checked during my standard health check that I must do for my job (through Swiss labs) and always found the results to mach.

Because my opinion isn't always right, thus the question to those with more experiene in such matters ....thanks much for answering...

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Ive had probably 6-8 HIV screening in the past years here, they run it for the whole list of crap you may have. Unless you have reason to doubt this relatively simple and straight forward test I would go with what the results say.

If you doubt them fly somewhere you trust and pay them 10x the amount to buy your feeling of safety. To say you have zero trust in anything Thai is to say that all Thais are lying in some way? Never makes sense to me why someone would continue to live in a country of people that are perceived to be liars. To each their own.

Thai labs are in general quite good and certainly any with the capacity to do PCR are ecxcellent.

Can get PCR at the large international hospitals and at the Thai Red Cross Anonymous Clinic, the latter being far less expensive.

J

Ive had probably 6-8 HIV screening in the past years here, they run it for the whole list of crap you may have. Unless you have reason to doubt this relatively simple and straight forward test I would go with what the results say.

If you doubt them fly somewhere you trust and pay them 10x the amount to buy your feeling of safety. To say you have zero trust in anything Thai is to say that all Thais are lying in some way? Never makes sense to me why someone would continue to live in a country of people that are perceived to be liars. To each their own.

This is not ur standard antibody test ... as to the rest of it, i never implied they would lie...it was meant to be an inquiry regarding aptitude / accuracy / diligence.

Thanks again to all who replied. Sounds like accuracy of lab results shouldn't be a concern.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Edited by happysanook

J

This is not ur standard antibody test ... as to the rest of it, i never implied they would lie...it was meant to be an inquiry regarding aptitude / accuracy / diligence.

Thanks again to all who replied. Sounds like accuracy of lab results shouldn't be a concern.

Posted w

ith Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

About 4/5 years ago had a lump removed and tested Dr here in Khon Kaen recommended deeper testing result MCL.

Went back to Oz where they carried out 3 months of intensive testing and I mean intensive result MCL.

So my 2 bahts worth is that in my experience the Lab Testing here was & is 1st class. in my case.