Keeway Rkv 200 - Any Good?

I really don't know how owners can come with comments like indicator feel off the day I bought it,chained snapped and nearly flipped me,dropped it once and now Dashboard don't work and still claim it's a good bike,if I was considering buying one of these them comments would put me straight of it,they are supposed to be new reliable bikes.

Really does mystify me it like the owners seem to accept these faults for some insane reason.

The dashboard did not work anymore after I dropped it so what bike still runs like new. The chain did snap of on me but I never said it almost flipped me. It was on take off on an up hill chain just broke. It had more to do with my lack of maintenance than anything. Ask my friend how much it's going to cost him to replace his fairing n the spider or whatever it's called that holds it in place on his klr..... I guess the Klr is crap too. Another friends that has a rkv dropped it so hard it bent the steering bar n peg .. his dashboard all good. First thing I did was replaced the crappy tires when I bought it. I guess my rkv is crap oh wait my friend changed the stock tires n pegs on his klr too...

Chains break whether it's on a Harley, a kawi or ducati. If you're looking for a bike that doesn't break something when dropped or that it has a chain that will last you for ever then you gonna be looking real hard for a very long time

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a Kawasaki D-Tracker a few years ago when they first arrived in Thailand and that was a BIG disappointment for me, especially the pathetic tank range.

I second this. having a 18L tank on RKV200 is really convenient.

I just realised that the Honda CRF 250 get a 6L tank capacity. Seriously, is it a joke ? How people can enjoy riding with that lol

Edited by DrAzTiK

core touchy lot on here sic103 didn't claim you said it nearly flipped you ,another poster said that happened to him ,so its a common problem with the bike,anyway you lot are to snappy in your replies on here so forget my questions and carry on as you were.

i thought these were thai made so don't know why poker baby keeps bringing up chinese,but for the record i have bought several chinese manufactured items recently phone,camera etc and all have been great quality so no complaints from me there.

enjoy your ride no matter what it is…...

did you buy a Keeway? Don't think so.Better not post your experiences with another brand in this keeway topic. there is enough confusion already about

these bikes, many are not even chinese but thai made like platinum and stallions.

If I remember correctly you bought a gpx diper. Now you are free to start a topic about that bike and share your experiences with us, or maybe you already did,

Just stop the china hate drivel on this topic, all owners are more than happy with their keeway rkv 200 which has as much in common with a gpx diper as a honda compared to a suzuki.

do you have a keeway pokerkid?

we are free to express our opinion even if we own this bike or not. negative or positive.

core touchy lot on here sic103 didn't claim you said it nearly flipped you ,another poster said that happened to him ,so its a common problem with the bike,anyway you lot are to snappy in your replies on here so forget my questions and carry on as you were.

i thought these were thai made so don't know why poker baby keeps bringing up chinese,but for the record i have bought several chinese manufactured items recently phone,camera etc and all have been great quality so no complaints from me there.

enjoy your ride no matter what it is…...

I ain't touchy or insulted just saying a broken chain or dash don't mean it's a bad bike. I'm the first to point fingers n complain when it comes to Chinese products but bike wise well at least keeways it's great n I can't say anything negative because the two bikes I've had has been good to me. N if I came out too strong I apologize just that there are a few trolls around.

enjoy your ride no matter what it is...

I ain't touchy or insulted just saying a broken chain or dash don't mean it's a bad bike. I'm the first to point fingers n complain when it comes to Chinese products but bike wise well at least keeways it's great n I can't say anything negative because the two bikes I've had has been good to me. N if I came out too strong I apologize just that there are a few trolls around.

no worries appreciate your reply.

did you buy a Keeway? Don't think so.Better not post your experiences with another brand in this keeway topic. there is enough confusion already about

these bikes, many are not even chinese but thai made like platinum and stallions.

If I remember correctly you bought a gpx diper. Now you are free to start a topic about that bike and share your experiences with us, or maybe you already did,

Just stop the china hate drivel on this topic, all owners are more than happy with their keeway rkv 200 which has as much in common with a gpx diper as a honda compared to a suzuki.

do you have a keeway pokerkid?

we are free to express our opinion even if we own this bike or not. negative or positive.

true, but when negative opinions are based on experiences with a bike that is not a Keeway then they are not valid in a keeway topic. Is that so hard to understand ?.

And NO, i do not own a Keeway nor any other chinese made bike. I just object to people who hate something based on nothing.

If there is someone here who owned a Keeway rkv200 or had bad experiences with it they are more than welcome to slag the bike.

Edited by pokerkid

People will continue buying this bike because all owners are giving positive reports. All this trolling will not change it. I am hoping Keeway and Benelli will introduce some new interesting bikes in 2014. Maybe a 300-400cc ? Happy new year to all Keeway owners. Dont stop sharing your experiences.

• Like 2

People will continue buying this bike because all owners are giving positive reports. All this trolling will not change it. I am hoping Keeway and Benelli will introduce some new interesting bikes in 2014. Maybe a 300-400cc ? Happy new year to all Keeway owners. Dont stop sharing your experiences.

The trolls even inspire the owners to write something. win-win

Edited by pokerkid

The trolls even inspire the owners to write something. win-win

People might buy but you two trolls will never buy and just speak nonsense positive responses although you two have zero experience about these bikes imo and give people courage to buy one although you dont have balls to buy as you both own honda or other japanese bikes!

Dont make me laugh guys!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

^

ll2, looking at your posts its not hard to understand why you already have been banned twice on this forum. Grow up and better not post in threads where you have nothing to add.

Sorry but what do you add this thread wantan while using a japanese bike?

Apart from usual 'oh so good bike'? While you dont own one and probably never ride one as well.

Man up my friend and go buy a keeway if cannot, you have bo credibility to speak.

Besides, you dont need to worry why i banned. Non of your business really.

It's not even worth going there with them ll,you can't ask any questions or bring any valid points to the topic without them resorting to calling you trolls,Chinese haters or them turning it around trying to slag off well established manufactures,leave them to it is my opinion.

• Like 1

It's not like we can buy every bike discussed so we can have an opinion. But quite obviously threads are more useful and informative when the information is first hand. Some people are posting some very relevant info and some people are happy to learn about it and have questions. For example I do not have a Keeway, and have never ridden one, But I still want to know about them because I might buy one someday. So I read this thread, and all the other threads about bikes we can buy in Thailand.

And then there are the two little boys that just like to say Chinese bikes suck, and they never seem to get tired of saying it.

I don't know why they are not embarrassed to be trolls on threads about bikes that they have nothing but contempt for. But here they are; nothing relevant to add, and annoying the readers once again.

Actually it was a good thing they kept coming back with their china bike hating posts. Since then many owners decided to post as well and share their positive experiences with us.

You two are idiots my points I was trying to get at was the engines on these bikes now seem proven to be reliable ,however they still seem to have problems with other parts eg chain,carbs etc ,these are parts that the manufacturer could easily improve but they don't seem interested to do this ,maybe the dealers need to push these points with suppliers and customers need to push these points with dalers,until they address these small problems the bikes are not gonna move forward into the wide open market.im sure it wouldn't cost much for a better quality chain so why are they not addressing this problem.

But hey you don't want to discuss these points instead you prefer to call people names ,how childish.

P.s not aimed at you Cannock ,it's the other 2

Edited by taninthai

You two are idiots my points I was trying to get at was the engines on these bikes now seem proven to be reliable ,however they still seem to have problems with other parts eg chain,carbs etc ,these are parts that the manufacturer could easily improve but they don't seem interested to do this ,maybe the dealers need to push these points with suppliers and customers need to push these points with dalers,until they address these small problems the bikes are not gonna move forward into the wide open market.im sure it wouldn't cost much for a better quality chain so why are they not addressing this problem.

But hey you don't want to discuss these points instead you prefer to call people names ,how childish.

Keeway has improved beyond belief. Aside from chain n tires which is pretty much with most manufacturers I got no complains. The chain aren't the best but it has to do more with lack of maintenance. Now the carburator problem that you say I've never had problems nor heard anything about it. Keeway got my seal of approval.

• Like 1

Keeway has improved beyond belief. Aside from chain n tires which is pretty much with most manufacturers I got no complains. The chain aren't the best but it has to do more with lack of maintenance. Now the carburator problem that you say I've never had problems nor heard anything about it. Keeway got my seal of approval.

again your comments appreciated sic103,I only go by comments I read on here,sure I read on here that's dealer commented that the chain was not good ,that was a comment to a customer ,the dealer should be making these comments to the supplier not customer,if the supplier is not getting any feedback how are they supposed to improve the product.

Agree leeway had come along way and is surely getting their.however the dealers need to be told of the still small problems and the owners need not to just accept them ,just because they have paid a low price for the bike.

I say this because I don't consider these bikes to cheap these days ,30-40k is cheap 59k is moving out the cheap price bracket.

It's not like we can buy every bike discussed so we can have an opinion. But quite obviously threads are more useful and informative when the information is first hand. Some people are posting some very relevant info and some people are happy to learn about it and have questions. For example I do not have a Keeway, and have never ridden one, But I still want to know about them because I might buy one someday. So I read this thread, and all the other threads about bikes we can buy in Thailand.

And then there are the two little boys that just like to say Chinese bikes suck, and they never seem to get tired of saying it.

I don't know why they are not embarrassed to be trolls on threads about bikes that they have nothing but contempt for. But here they are; nothing relevant to add, and annoying the readers once again.

Well, there are types of people in this world. Some ask questions and some destined to live like a sheep and die like a sheep with no questions asked.

You basicly say we need to say good things about this bike without any questions? And once we ask some questions and ask things, are we trolls? C'mon!

Sorry man, i am not a sheep like you or ignorance is not a bliss for me and i will not give a blind courage to someone to buy this keeway chinese bike when you can buy a new honda cbr150r or a second hand cbr250r again for 5 - 10 k thb more as these bikes are reliable and we can see tens of thousand of them on the roads as a proof.

again your comments appreciated sic103,I only go by comments I read on here,sure I read on here that's dealer commented that the chain was not good ,that was a comment to a customer ,the dealer should be making these comments to the supplier not customer,if the supplier is not getting any feedback how are they supposed to improve the product.

Agree leeway had come along way and is surely getting their.however the dealers need to be told of the still small problems and the owners need not to just accept them ,just because they have paid a low price for the bike.

I say this because I don't consider these bikes to cheap these days ,30-40k is cheap 59k is moving out the cheap price bracket.

Just digging deeper into the carburetor problem u referring to I think the ''friendly'' dealership mechanic is more at fault. I don't know about the rest of the world but in my crappy country they get paid by how many bikes they put together so the more the quicker the more cash. My first Keeway was the speed 200 (I think it's the rks200? ). Anyhow it was a bit on the unresponsive side til one of my friends opened up the carburetor n noticed it wasn't well adjusted. After that bike was great. Now about the customer feed back... I think it's just a waste of time. Like I've said I've signed up for a kawi klr n they're known for burning oil n the infamous dohickey problem. That bike been in production for 30 years n that problem has been well reported n kawi which is a reputable bike company hasn't completely fixed the problem. I should be receiving the bike by February (fingers crossed ). I've done my research for the fix : the eagle Mike doohickey n torsion spring. But back to Keeway... I was skeptic at first even with all the positive replies I was getting from people but after owning one I recommend it to anyone that's looking for an economical little bike. I'm on my second one n will be buying other ones in the future.

• Like 1

Well, there are types of people in this world. Some ask questions and some destined to live like a sheep and die like a sheep with no questions asked.

You basicly say we need to say good things about this bike without any questions? And once we ask some questions and ask things, are we trolls? C'mon!

Sorry man, i am not a sheep like you or ignorance is not a bliss for me and i will not give a blind courage to someone to buy this keeway chinese bike when you can buy a new honda cbr150r or a second hand cbr250r again for 5 - 10 k thb more as these bikes are reliable and we can see tens of thousand of them on the roads as a proof.

Nothing wrong with asking questions, I even said that was the point of these threads. You should read before you comment

You can pretend you are doing the world a favor by attempting to get everyone to buy a Honda. Or at least anything but Chinese. But in reality you are obsessed with two things Honda and Hondas. You are the sheep.

• Like 1

I bought a Kawasaki D-Tracker a few years ago when they first arrived in Thailand and that was a BIG disappointment for me, especially the pathetic tank range.

I just realised that the Honda CRF 250 get a 6L tank capacity. Seriously, is it a joke ? How people can enjoy riding with that lol

You do understand what a CRF is, don't you?

No? Oh, OK then...

Did you guys ever stop to think that D-trackers and CRFs are not made for long distance highway touring??

That's why they make touring machines.
Think about it -- who would buy a bike for playing around on dirt trails with the weight of 18 liters of fuel?

You do understand what a CRF is, don't you?

No? Oh, OK then...

Dual sport bikes (we are not speaking about real off road bikes) are supposed to be polyvalent so I am sorry but yes : theses bikes should also allow some touring without the need to go to the gazohol station every hours. (not to mention also the unconfortable seat of these bikes). CRF doesn't really allow some serious motocross.

I jut come back from a road trip and I have seen two Honda CRF following somle touring bikes, so I guess some people want (try) touring with dual sport bikes.

And what about the supermoto bikes like CRM and D-traker. Obviously, these bikess are not suitable for off road riding, so what are you going to do with a pathetic 6L range? Just brag a little bit in town, yes...

• Like 1

Imo its nonsense to talk about quality issues because of one broken chain. Sure the chain isnt top quality. But the same applies to the CBR150. These chains have to be lubed and adjusted regulary and most probably there wont be a problem. I lube and adjust the chain every 500km on my CBR. Better do it yourself and not wait 2-3000km for the next service.

A problem may be the dealer with a lack of service quality. But we all know this and have discussed this many times. Service quality should be improved. But again, this applies to other brands in Thailand too.

wantan please read there is two people on here that have had a chain snap ,plus a dealer recomending to change the chain ,but yes if you don't want to talk about the issues keep ignoring them and nothing will change.its a simple fix for the manufacturer ,i just wonder why they do not correct it,even if they have to up the price of the bike by say 500-1000 bht it was problem solved,its not rocket science.

^

If you know of two bad chains thats OK. I will not fight about it. I still think its probably more a lack of maintainance than quality. Many people complain about the chain on the CBR150 too. For me its OK. No problem to lube and adjust regularly. Usually the people just change to a higher quality chain if worried. Not a big deal. And not unusual on other brands too.

wantan please read there is two people on here that have had a chain snap ,plus a dealer recomending to change the chain ,but yes if you don't want to talk about the issues keep ignoring them and nothing will change.its a simple fix for the manufacturer ,i just wonder why they do not correct it,even if they have to up the price of the bike by say 500-1000 bht it was problem solved,its not rocket science.

just search "kawasaki thai made chain" on this forum and you will see that many Kawa owners complain about the substandard did chain that came with their bike.

See, its not only a Keeway issue like you want us all to believe.

I do not know if Kawasaki puts better chains now on their bikes, I would expect they did , its not that they they are struggling to make a profit on these bikes.

did you see my post the other day ,about if you raise valid points on this topic certain people then just want to talk about other bike brands,point proven ,i rest my case...........please stay on topic.

you and your friend have just bought up honda and kawasaki within 10 minutes of each other.

since you done that i can only give you an opinion on the chain that was on my crf d.i.d chain no problems what so ever always caked in mud and <deleted> never a problem can't speak for others ,maybe you would like to take it up in the relevant topics.....

Edited by taninthai

Imo the RKV 200 chain is quite bad. I used to take care of my chain a lot. (lube and tight every 500km) but my mechanic still advice me to change the chain.

Currently, It's the only big complain I have about this bike.

Another complain is about the headlight : lighting is too much weak. Did some RkV owner find a way to "fix" this problem ?

Edited by DrAzTiK