Keeway Rkv 200 - Any Good?

Just sold my RKV 200 after more than a year of trouble free use including some extended upcountry tours and inner city use. Still looked new.

Price drop when sold was less than 20% which is OK for an imported bike and very reasonable in cash terms for over 12 months use.

Only sold it as I'm after a CB500X for the ABS and extra power for out of city riding.

you did the right thing.

you ll like cb500x a lot like many riders all over the world and you can confirm it all over internet which keeway is lacking this.

check 500 riders international forum. lots of info there.

Edited by ll2

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice upgrade dude. Just wish my country wasn't so messed up n backwards. The kawi dealer where I signed up in the waiting list for the klr tells me they haven't received bikes since December n that the factories are still in vacation <deleted>.... In other words they got no parts for assembly n no cash to purchase them. I even offered a bribe (almost a third of the price) n still nothing.....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 1 month later...

Top speed 125 kmh....can upgrade the carb to get it up to 140 kmh
In town I have no issues at all running the CBR 250s....either the RKV 200 is a good bike or these guys don't know how to ride the 250s. The RKV is single cam and normally aspirated vs. the DOHC 4-valve setup of the 250s.
Top-end does suck (shame) but it's still decent on the road. I've been to Nong Khai twice, once to Chacheongsao and once to Surin on it. Just need a small pillow under my arse so not to hurt too bad.

I bought it on the recommendations of my good friend who has 5 Honda dealerships. He told me the RKV was a better buy for the money than the 143,000 CBR. I bought it for 60000....not the 50-55000 guys are posting here. Maybe the Phitsanulok market is different than BKK.

• Like 1

Top speed 125 kmh....can upgrade the carb to get it up to 140 kmh

In town I have no issues at all running the CBR 250s....either the RKV 200 is a good bike or these guys don't know how to ride the 250s. The RKV is single cam and normally aspirated vs. the DOHC 4-valve setup of the 250s.

Top-end does suck (shame) but it's still decent on the road. I've been to Nong Khai twice, once to Chacheongsao and once to Surin on it. Just need a small pillow under my arse so not to hurt too bad.

I bought it on the recommendations of my good friend who has 5 Honda dealerships. He told me the RKV was a better buy for the money than the 143,000 CBR. I bought it for 60000....not the 50-55000 guys are posting here. Maybe the Phitsanulok market is different than BKK.

indeed, Pitsanulok bike market is a lot different!

honda cbr250r is 105 k thb something and you can get a decent second hand one for 70 k thb now.

• 1 month later...

Apparently, the RkV 200 has evolved. In my Chiang Mai shop, the last RKV200 come with a bigger exhaust and a 29mm carburetor. The manager told me that the top speed is now a little bit better. (around 120km/h) but surely it would be nice to have some confirmation. She also told me that tyres are different and made in Thailand.

In my opinion, the bike looks better with the new exhaust and also run faster for the same price. Quite interressing smile.png

Btw I have ordered a new carburetor (29 mm Keihin). Hope I will go faster coz the RkV200 lack some top speed. (well maybe not anymore now)

post-111213-0-69823400-1398769844_thumb.

Edited by DrAzTiK

^
This is interesting, but i don't get it. They took the enginge of the RKV 200 and put the exhaust from the RKV 200S Factory on it? Is this an official model from Keeway or something the thai distributor has created on his own? The "RKV Factory" and the "RKV Sport" both have 4 valves and 12kW. The RKV 200 has only 2 valves and 9.5kW.

Same price and thai made tires sounds like they created something themselves. If so i can hardly call it evolved, because i will stress the engine and may take some of its reliability.

Shady dealers trying to trick people into believing that they are buying a better model. Dealers here have done the same. Bigger carb, wider tires, stickers n or hands guards n they advertise it as the racing model when there's no performance improvements but just in looks n a much stiffer price. Sadly some people actually believe it. I guess when I sell mine I'll advertise it as the super racing model since I've installed pirelli tires, hid lights, mirrors n alarm lol.

I saw the rk6 on the street for the first time. Nice looking bike. Looks small. Damn corruption n bureaucracy in this country I will never be able to find one with the legal price.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app