Linux Vps Located In Thailand

AsharkY

Hello folks,

I am looking for a web hosting provider that can offer Linux VPS located in Thailand.

Obviously I found several on google but I wanna know if anyone could recommend any.

Best regards and thanks

Alex

Sorry that I can not give an recommendation of an VPS inside Thailand.

I think many of website developers use servers outside of Thailand. I'm currently using Amazon EC2 in Singapore which is imho the best option available.

Pretty good speeds when accessing the server both from Thailand and also from the rest of the world.

With EC2 Free tier, you can install an Micro instance for free and test it out. Free tier lasts for 1 year.

Would advise you to find a vps around Los Angeles / San Jose... US west coast in short!

Up until right now, what you can find IN Thailand is neither reliable, nor affordable!

Depending on what you intend to do, a simple shared thai mirror could be way to explore.

I switched to a VPS in Japan and it's been better than the one I previously had in the US in terms of page loading speeds. The folks I use also just opened a datacenter in Singapore. I haven't had much luck with internet in general here in Thailand so I have been super hesitant to use services here and as previously pointed out the ones I've seen didn't seem to have very competitive prices. With your one post I'm not sure how long you've been in Thailand (assuming you are) but given the Thai approach to customer service, internet censorship and intellectual property rights is this really the place you want to house your data?

• 6 months later...

Hello Alex,

Maybe a little bit late, but I think you can take a look at http://www.vpshispeed.com

Servers are placed in Bangkok.

This VPS system is run by a farang with a lot of VPS experience.

System is reliable and good value for money.

At the moment the web site looks a little bit crappy, but the back end works perfect.

I know the owner, so if you need more information, I can arrange that for you.

Diederik