U.S. First Class Mail To Pattaya-Average Delivery Time?

thaidiver

Had my sister sent an envelope of documents via USPS 1st class registered mail on the 17th of April from the US. I keep checking the tracking # and it states it was processed through the ISC San Francisco sort facility on the 22nd of April; and that was the last status update given.

What are your experiences? from what I've read on Thaivisa it should not take this long.

Have your sister call them as according to the Tracking # the envelope is still the US.

Agreed. But have seen on too many occasions that the USPS tracking system is inaccurate, so waiting it out a couple more days.

Question, should that envelope, after it arrives in Thailand, be delivered to you by Thai Post ??

I have personal no experience with USPS as I'm not from the States, but when someone sends me documents from abroad I always use a courier service (like Fedex). From Europe it will take a max of 3 days.

Question, should that envelope, after it arrives in Thailand, be delivered to you by Thai Post ??

I have personal no experience with USPS as I'm not from the States, but when someone sends me documents from abroad I always use a courier service (like Fedex). From Europe it will take a max of 3 days.

Yes, will be delivered by Thaipost, so likely will be here Mañana.

A simple letter should only take a week or so, but anything larger seems problematic. Like the OP, I am awaiting a package (identical tracking info) that was sent in late March. This will be the last time I do not use Fed Ex. The person sending a pouch of my U.S. Mail was in a rush and decided to try U.S. Mail. Ugh. I fear it will be lost, but I have heard stories about such parcels arriving several months later. The lack of Thai language on the Adressee label seems to tie them in knots at the Thai Post Office, so they pile up until someone tackles them all.

Bonanza! Well Almost. About an hour ago I recalled that USPS packages sent to Thailand with a tracking number can be tracked via the Thaipost tracking system. So punched it in and seems my package is in Thailand at the Si Racha center today and is in "dispatch status", and arrived in Thailand on the 26th of Apr. at the Lak Si mail Center. So my bad for not remembering to check the Thai system before posting, hope this helps someone out, below is a link to the Thai tracking site. Anyways the documentation I sent would not have been worth sending via a private courier like Fed-ex or UPS so if this works will use USPS again for none rush jobs

http://track.thailandpost.co.th/trackinternet/Default.aspx?lang=en

Bonanza! Well Almost. About an hour ago I recalled that USPS packages sent to Thailand with a tracking number can be tracked via the Thaipost tracking system. So punched it in and seems my package is in Thailand at the Si Racha center today and is in "dispatch status", and arrived in Thailand on the 26th of Apr. at the Lak Si mail Center. So my bad for not remembering to check the Thai system before posting, hope this helps someone out, below is a link to the Thai tracking site. Anyways the documentation I sent would not have been worth sending via a private courier like Fed-ex or UPS so if this works will use USPS again for none rush jobs

http://track.thailan...lt.aspx?lang=en

Thanks for the link, checked on a package I am awaiting and this is what I got for a package reported via the US system :

Result 1

xxxxxxxxxx

Priority Mail International Parcels

Attempted Delivery - Item being held, addressee being notified

May 02, 2012, 1:57 pm

THAILAND

International Parcels

Processed Through Sort Facility

April 29, 2012, 10:35 am

Shipment Accepted

April 23, 2012, 3:34 pm

TORRANCE, CA 90503

And what I got using the link above:

April 29, 2012

10:35:15 BANGKOK MAIL CENTER Accept April 29,

12:03:40 BANGKOK MAIL CENTER Items Into Container April 30, 2012

15:31:00 SI RACHA MAIL CENTER Container Received April 30, 2012

17:13:34 SI RACHA MAIL CENTER Items Into Container April 30, 2012

17:13:38 SI RACHA MAIL CENTER Dispatch May 2, 2012

13:56:51 BANG LAMUNG Out for Delivery May 2, 2012

09:00-11:59 BANG LAMUNG Delivery Status Carded

I am going to assume that the term "Carded" means that I should get a notification that I must go down and pay Customs Duties

I have a packet sent once every month via US Priority Mail -- Average transit time is 10 days -- best was 5 days and worst was 12 weeks.

The company that sends the packet is in the mail forwarding business and they claim the US Postal tracking system for international mail is useless. They say that you can file for a trace on lost mail after 6 weeks, but they've never had success in recovering any lost international mail.

If anyone needs such a service, it's called USA2ME. They send you an eMail photo of all mail when it's received and you can manage your mail on-line. A monthly shipment of your mail is included in the basic monthly fee.