Decent Food In Rayong

Vegemite

We visit Rayong every year or so for 'family' reasons.

Are there any decent or even any resturants or pubs or eateries that cater to farangs?

I know there is KFC and Macdonalds and a pizza chain but is there anywhere that sells real food?

Also a place to go for a quiet beer during the afternoon while in Rayong would be nice.

I love the place out by PMY resort but sometimes getting there is difficult.

Is there anything close to the city?

Thanks for any info.

Laemthong Mall is full of a very large range of restaurants, of many different kinds.

Can't be much more central to the city of Rayong than that.

Kantary Bay No.43 Bistro has upscale Italian food. I took the family there about a year ago and haven't been back but I've heard it's undergone some major changes. Laemthong mall has many choices. If you get out to Laem Mae Phim I recommend Buffalo Bills Steakhouse for a good steak. There are some other places along Sukhumvit Road but I haven't tried them.

there are lots of places all around

some nice thia bbq's on the road north of sukhumvit

try thanon rajbamrung ( parallel to but south of sukhumvit)- lots of night life here and restaurants,eg. Rayong Brew

on the sukhumvit try the roof top restaurant on top of the Kameo apartments ( big new white building) - good quality

lots of seafood restaurants around - best of which is Laem Chaloen ( most Eastern point ) of the beach road / fishing village community isle

there are lots of places all around

some nice thia bbq's on the road north of sukhumvit

try thanon rajbamrung ( parallel to but south of sukhumvit)- lots of night life here and restaurants,eg. Rayong Brew

on the sukhumvit try the roof top restaurant on top of the Kameo apartments ( big new white building) - good quality

lots of seafood restaurants around - best of which is Laem Chaloen ( most Eastern point ) of the beach road / fishing village community isle

Thanks for the info.

I prefer to fly closer to the ground so to speak. I enjoy apartments ect that are a little more basic and dont need any service however we did stay at one " hotel " in the middle of town called Burapa or something like that, that was as bad as it gets. I was so tired from travel that I could have slept on the road so it did for the night.

I know Rayong Brew but have never been there.Does it sell farang food?

I like Rayong and it has a lot going for it, but as I spend quite a bit of my time there alone, I find it hard going.

None of the signs are in english and there are no taxis.

Motorbike taxis are fine but do any of them speak english?

I get given a little motorbike when I am there but I stick to the back roads as the main road scares the sh0t out of me.

It looks like we will be there again in October so any info is a great help.

Thanks.

I had dinner at California Steak on top of the Kameo House apartments last night. I did not know this ahead of time but on Mondays they have a buffet for 650 THB per person. The food was decent and I will go back to try some regular menu items in the future. They also had a band playing some Elvis tunes and some old rock but it wasn't too loud.

• 1 month later...

There is a bakery/delicatessen now in front of the Kameo House Apartments in Rayong. I stopped there with my wife today for lunch and I won't be doing that again. It's really more of a bakery than a delicatessen. They had some pre-made sandwiches (tuna and ham and cheese) and a soup and salad bar. The items on the salad bar looked fresh but the soup wasn't labled and I don't know what it was. The sandwiches were fresh enough that I didn't know they were pre-made until I walked around and saw them in the case in their plastic containers. We split a piece of cherry cheesecake after our sandwiches and that was delicious. I think this place is more for coffee and sweets rather than a meal.