Visa Runs With A Multiple Entry 60 Day Tourist Visa

Hello!

I am from the United States and prior to coming to Thailand I applied at the Thai Embasy in Los Angeles for two 60-day Tourist Visa Entrys. There is a sticker in my passport that reads:

"Type of Visa - Tourist"

"Catagory - TR"

"Number of Entry - 2"

I arrved Mid march, and my 60 days are up mid May. I had called a visa run agency and told them that I have to make my visa run soon, and wanted to make arrangements etc..

There was a bit of a language barrier unfortunately and the person I spoke with on the phone left me feeling rather confused. I told her I had a multiple entry visa, and she said something along the lines of "You go by boat or land, one 15 day, one 30 day". I again said I have two 60 day entries, and she replied again something along the lines of "multiple entry have to fill out application here in phuket at **location** ". I explained that I did indeed apply, before arriving to Thailand, but by the end of conversation I had no idea what I needed to arrange for.

So I find myself here, confused and concerned. What do I need to do in order to use my second set of 60 days? Do I need to do a specific type of visa run, or will any crossing do? Do I need to fill out more paperwork to use the second visa I had allready applied for, paid for, and seem to have been granted from looking at my passport?

The agency I called was "Eve's Visa Run" I believe.

I am here training in Muay Thai, at Tiger Muay Thai. Ideally I would like to be picked up for the visa run, as opposed to making my way to them, or a specific departure point. Anyone have suggestions for how to go about this whole process?

Thank you very much everyone, and thank for your time. I appreciate the help with my questions.

Just simply exit and re-enter before the visa expires, also each 60 day period can be extended by 30 days for 1900 Baht, that is taken care of at the local immigration office.

Edited by lopburi3
fix font

Go to Immigration at Phuket Town before your 60 day entry has expired and ask to extend your 'Enter Until' passport stamp by 30 days - you pay 1900 THB and it's done relax for approx 30 more days.

Mid June - Make sure that you go to the border before the 'Enter/Use Before' Date on your visa and you will get another 60 days which can also be further extended at Phuket Immigration again by 30 days.

Net Result 180 Days in Thailand with one trip to/from the Border.

The Visa Run Company you spoke to were talking about Visa Exempt enties which don't apply if you already have a visa!

Thank you for the replies everyone!

I have a couple more questions if you don't mind. If I go to Thai Immigration to do my 30 day extension, does it matter when I go specifically (i.e. several days earlier than the expiry date)? Like going early? Does it add 30 days from the date I do the extension, or is it 30 days on top of the end date of my first entry regardless of when I apply for extension?

The second question, if the stamp on a visa end date is the 20th for example, and I do my visa run ON the 20th, have I overstayed my visa? I guess what I'm asking is, does the 60 days limit end ON the date indicated on the stamp, or on the day after (21st)?

Hope that made sense.. Thanks again for your time everyone, I'm very grateful for the help.

Thank you for the replies everyone!

I have a couple more questions if you don't mind. If I go to Thai Immigration to do my 30 day extension, does it matter when I go specifically (i.e. several days earlier than the expiry date)? Like going early? Does it add 30 days from the date I do the extension, or is it 30 days on top of the end date of my first entry regardless of when I apply for extension?

The second question, if the stamp on a visa end date is the 20th for example, and I do my visa run ON the 20th, have I overstayed my visa? I guess what I'm asking is, does the 60 days limit end ON the date indicated on the stamp, or on the day after (21st)?

Hope that made sense.. Thanks again for your time everyone, I'm very grateful for the help.

Go to immigration a few days early and they will extend from the date on your passport stamp.

As regards the border run for your second 60 day border stamp, please remember this must be done before the 'Use Before' date on the visa sticker in your passport.

where is the best/easiest embassy to do a multi entry tourist visa? thanks

I would try Vientiane or Savankhet, Laos, perhaps KL, Malaysia.

aus passport need visa for laos yeah? trying to do it without using too many pages in my passport so maybe KL then. although noticed on thai immi site for Kl it only has single entry price and way more requirements, have you or anyone else obtained double entry from KL and what exactly did they want to see? ta

where is the best/easiest embassy to do a multi entry tourist visa? thanks

I would try Vientiane or Savankhet, Laos, perhaps KL, Malaysia.

aus passport need visa for laos yeah? trying to do it without using too many pages in my passport so maybe KL then. although noticed on thai immi site for Kl it only has single entry price and way more requirements, have you or anyone else obtained double entry from KL and what exactly did they want to see? ta

At the top of this forum main page, there is a pinned topics section, have a look at these reports.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/189375-latest-reports-of-getting-a-visa-in-the-region/