Filipinas Tourist Visa Blocked?

Of course, there are no guRANTEEs, but your point about anyone writing that letter is the reason my passport copy ties the letter to me. What, by the way, is the guarantee if I go to pick her up in the Philippines and accompany her? Why couldn't I just be a pimp, picking up my meal ticket?

BTW, I have every intention of going there to pick her up, once she talks to immigration at DFA and it's clear they may well block her. It's NOT the money that worries me; it's the principle.Countries like Viet Nam and Cambodia recently passed laws tha blockst females under 50 from marrying Western men over 50 years, thus insuring that Western men will just hook up with them and move on, without any security for the females. Go figure...

The fact that you don't travel with her sounds suspicious on it's own - from an immigration official's point of view. It's kind of showing them you're not too serious. Why don't you travel with her? Do you have a aversion to going there?

Think about it from the Immigration officer's point of view. Even if she had a letter from you stating you intend to support her, what good is that really? Anyone could write such a letter.

A previous passport with a visit to Singapore would be of no use. There just is no guarantee. Even if someone else has been successful, there's no guarantee your girlfriend will be.

Of course, there are no guRANTEEs, but your point about anyone writing that letter is the reason my passport copy ties the letter to me. What, by the way, is the guarantee if I go to pick her up in the Philippines and accompany her? Why couldn't I just be a pimp, picking up my meal ticket?

............ It's NOT the money that worries me; it's the principle

I suppose there never is any 100% guarantees, but I have never heard anyone having a problem when they accompany their honeyko. I went out and back many times before we got married and never had a hint of trouble. A friend of mine over here even went back to get his girlfriend's sister and didn't have a problem. If you're there face to face with the immigration officer it makes a world of difference.

On one occasion I even managed to get her out without a return ticket. I had to smooth talk the head immigration officer at the airport and sign a document saying I was responsible for her.

Don't be overly concerned about your principles. It's a different world out here and their principles are different.

She's also wasting her time talking to people at the DFA. We already know she can be prevented from leaving - unless of course you don't believe us - and it's entirely up to the discretion of the Immigration Officer at the booth at the airport - who has no contact with any people at the DFA. If you'd been living in the Philippines for any length of time you'd understand how authorities work over there - the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

Edited by tropo

• 2 weeks later...

Does the fact her roundtrip ticket is for 6 months make a difference to Thai immigration, since she only gets a 30-day tourist visa?

Just a slight correction - a 30 day free entry is not a visa. It's a visa-exempt entry. A tourist visa usually comes as a sticker in your passport issued by a Thai consulate.

I've never had Thai immigration look at a ticket in 6 years of travelling back and forth. I've never heard of them looking at any Filipino's ticket. I wouldn't worry about it. In the off chance they did look at it you'd just say you're not staying in Thailand for 6 months but travelling around SE Asia - or something to that effect.

That's a big relief. Thanks!

Does the fact her roundtrip ticket is for 6 months make a difference to Thai immigration, since she only gets a 30-day tourist visa?

Just a slight correction - a 30 day free entry is not a visa. It's a visa-exempt entry. A tourist visa usually comes as a sticker in your passport issued by a Thai consulate.

I've never had Thai immigration look at a ticket in 6 years of travelling back and forth. I've never heard of them looking at any Filipino's ticket. I wouldn't worry about it. In the off chance they did look at it you'd just say you're not staying in Thailand for 6 months but travelling around SE Asia - or something to that effect.

As the topic indicated, it is more difficult to leave The Philipines than enter Thailand.

Personally I know of one , middle aged, Philipine maid that was, initially, refused entry at Suvarnbumi.

Thai immigration hold her passport for over 24hours until her friend/employer could guarantee for her.

There is a small remark, handwritten, in her passport, but she is still doing 15day visa runs without any problem.

Well, if the DO hold her up at Suvarnabhum, she can tell them I'm waiting at Gate 3(she can show them my letter and copy of my passport).

A friend recently told me his filipina's wife's 18-year old sister had no trouble leaving Manila at Pinoy or arriving in Bangkok.

As the topic indicated, it is more difficult to leave The Philipines than enter Thailand.

Personally I know of one , middle aged, Philipine maid that was, initially, refused entry at Suvarnbumi.

Thai immigration hold her passport for over 24hours until her friend/employer could guarantee for her.

There is a small remark, handwritten, in her passport, but she is still doing 15day visa runs without any problem.