True Home Internet Modem Issue

I have True internet at home with a ZyXEL wireless modem. About 3 days ago I started having connectivity problems, where the wireless signal goes in and out every minute or so. I compared notes with people at work, and 4 other people have the same problem. We all contacted True support around the same time and, just today, True is finally admitting that it is a widespread problem. I am assuming they will need to replace the modems, as they had this problem previously and had to replace modems about a year ago.

Has anyone else had this problem? And, why can't True fess up and be proactive about this? Real corporations post something on their website, tell customers to call support, and offer billing reductions. It's a PR fiasco.

Me too it turns out is not the modem problem, True is doing something to their line and they call it improvement, and so far I still have problems, they said should be ok after today, lest see if they telling the true

whistling.gif

Talked to them Thursday (tech support) and was told it was a server problem and was suppose to be fixed that afternoon, didn't happen and still had the problem all day Friday. Nowever noticed this morning it seems to be fixed.

I've noticed that our True 8MB service has been really slow and poor over the last fortnight or so. Loads pages slowly, can't stream videos that previously were fine. Especially bad at night.

Does anybody know if this is a True problem and if you think it will be rectified?

Bloody annoying talking to the call center staff especially when the poor person on the phone is just relaying company crap.

I live in hope of a decent internet connection like local first world countries such as Laos, Indonesia and Vietnam....

I have True 20Mb/2Mb DOCSIS...working just fine and fast over the last few days and for the last 11 months since I got the service. But location, location, location can make all the difference. The trunk line that serves my western Bangkok moobaan is less than a year old...all brand new equipment...went operational June 11.