Honesty Is The Best Policy

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not sure. Did Rebecca Loos do unconventional things with Koala bears?

actually..im out of my depth now..im off to read another thread.............

Good plan, you really, really don't want to know what Rebecca Loos did. Whoever thought that idea up for the TV programme should have been given an award.

Good plan, you really, really don't want to know what Rebecca Loos did. Whoever thought that idea up for the TV programme should have been given an award.

It's probably best left at that.

"Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope."—Freewheelin' Franklin. - Fabulous Furry Freak Bros. circa 1970ish

Wow, blast from the past - Uneeda, Mr Natural, Fritz the Cat!

Have you kept up with Crumb? Now there's a salty old dog, makes me look like an idealistic choirboy. . .

Now ... being an Aussie ... I can reliably inform you all that the Koalas are feeling equally hugged

... just that the first one is also trying his (yes, it's a boy, and no ... don't ask) is being also stoic at the same time.

BUT ... who is "Rebecca Loos" ?

bah.gif

and

bah.gifbah.gif

on this whole thread.

even the bears

Not feeling warm and fuzzy this morning?

Furry tongue leave sme like this. Oh and no water in the fridge....hell on earth in Thailand on a Sunday morning...

bah.gif

and

bah.gifbah.gif

on this whole thread.

even the bears

Not feeling warm and fuzzy this morning?

Furry tongue leave sme like this. Oh and no water in the fridge....hell on earth in Thailand on a Sunday morning...

smokie36 ... either you are awake very early (in Thailand) or late to bed?

Aneliane, may I congratulate you and your man on your wedding day.

Believe me she's much cuter. . .

( I can hear her now "sacre bleu, eewwww!!" )

Erm.....thank you, but I don't go much to Isaan so it's quite unlikely that we ever met

.....and your point is?

He married a freelancer and is happy after 8 years.

How many Western marriages are happy after 8 years?

oh I see the point is : Thai hookers are the best brides clap2.gif

Judging from your postings here, I'm quite sure you won't be able to compete.

• Like 1

.....and your point is?

I won't even try

.....and your point is?

Not all that Aneliane writes sits well with me, but in fairness your post is unjust and rather (imo) illogical. Statistically speaking the OP's 8 year happy marriage to a bar girl is most likely not the norm (no i dont have statistical back up on this, its just a reasonable guess). I am happy for the OP that he has a happy marriage of course, but your point of comparing a successful marriage to one bar girl to all western marriages is rather far fetched. I would hazard a guess that there are more successful happy 8+ year western marriages on this earth than there are 8+ year happy and successful marriages to bar girls. I would also guess that it may be hard to measure successful relationships in Thailand because divorce is not as common. Ie: You have women leaving their philandering husbands and going off work but not divorcing them, extra marital relationships as well as mia noi culture. Often marriage is not actually officially documented, its a village wedding, so of course divorce isnt documented either. As it stands, many woman here seem to prefer their husbands have a discreet mia noi or other affairs than the loss of face and loss of financial security etc of a divorce. For many they would class that as a successful happy marriage, for many not. My point is that i believe you cannot compare statistics regarding divorce here to statistics in the west.

I also believe some relationships just run their course, and divorce is not a bad thing. For the time together that was spent, the relationship was happy and successful. Many relationships part, but friendship and care is still there.

As for the other comment regarding Aneliane not being able to compete. Well... how can you realistically say that? Comparing two totally different women with totally different backgrounds is near incomparable. Its all down to personal taste in any case. Thats the great thing about life, we are all individuals and attracted to different things. What rocks your boat, might not rock another mans.

Regardless...ultimately, anyone who find themselves in a mutually happy relationship is a great thing. Happy for those that have found it, and wish success to those who are looking for it!

• Like 2

Oh I see the point is : Thai hookers are the best brides clap2.gif

For some yes, although for me, not necessarily Thai - Laos, Khmer or Burmese will do as well 8-)

I don't think she'd want a prize that would consider marrying a sex worker.

Many - let's give that percentage "X". I would guess that X is higher than that for cross-cultural ones in general, "Y". And that Y is higher than the subset of those with foreign sex workers "Z". Now freelancers as opposed to girls employed by the bar/brothel, that I'm not sure of.

But really, who bases their choice of partner by calculating the relative odds of "success"?

Whatever floats your boat man I don't care. But don't try to say that it's easier in general to make a marriage "work" however you define the term with a foreign sex worker as opposed to a straight girl in your own culture. Easier for you and me that I'll grant - and realize our definitions of "work" "success" and "happy" are not mainstream either.

But not statistically.

I also believe some relationships just run their course, and divorce is not a bad thing. For the time together that was spent, the relationship was happy and successful. Many relationships part, but friendship and care is still there.

Regardless...ultimately, anyone who find themselves in a mutually happy relationship is a great thing. Happy for those that have found it, and wish success to those who are looking for it!

Well said, nice to see acknowledgement that "success" is just as subjective in relationships as it is in other areas of life - all in the eye of the beholder, and best not used to compare or judge others' choices.

Not all that Aneliane writes sits well with me, but in fairness your post is unjust and rather (imo) illogical. Statistically speaking the OP's 8 year happy marriage to a bar girl is most likely not the norm (no i dont have statistical back up on this, its just a reasonable guess). I am happy for the OP that he has a happy marriage of course, but your point of comparing a successful marriage to one bar girl to all western marriages is rather far fetched. I would hazard a guess that there are more successful happy 8+ year western marriages on this earth than there are 8+ year happy and successful marriages to bar girls. I would also guess that it may be hard to measure successful relationships in Thailand because divorce is not as common. Ie: You have women leaving their philandering husbands and going off work but not divorcing them, extra marital relationships as well as mia noi culture. Often marriage is not actually officially documented, its a village wedding, so of course divorce isnt documented either. As it stands, many woman here seem to prefer their husbands have a discreet mia noi or other affairs than the loss of face and loss of financial security etc of a divorce. For many they would class that as a successful happy marriage, for many not. My point is that i believe you cannot compare statistics regarding divorce here to statistics in the west.

As for the other comment regarding Aneliane not being able to compete. Well... how can you realistically say that? Comparing two totally different women with totally different backgrounds is near incomparable. Its all down to personal taste in any case. Thats the great thing about life, we are all individuals and attracted to different things. What rocks your boat, might not rock another mans.

That was ironical

That's all what's left here, for me.

If I speak my mind I get accused of "trolling"

<snip>

That's all what's left here, for me.

If I speak my mind I get accused of "trolling"

No, there is much more here for you.

You have a sence of humour and have shown that recently.

Maybe just don't be so Black and White ... sometimes a shade of grey is the best colour.

Edited by David48

Well said, nice to see acknowledgement that "success" is just as subjective in relationships as it is in other areas of life - all in the eye of the beholder, and best not used to compare or judge others' choices.

Further to success I would hope people find happiness, which is more important I think.

• Like 1