The Railway Man - Adapted For Film.

I see a Scottish film production of the book The Railway Man by Eric Lomax will start filmimg in Edinburgh and Thailand . The book is a great read . I hope the film will be shown in Thailand .

Definatly be looking out for that one. Great read, how any lived through it all is amazing. Dont think it will be shown here, but be good if it were. It seems to be a part of history Thailand chooses to forget about along with the claboration in the capture of escaped POW's, who of course were executed.

Definatly be looking out for that one. Great read, how any lived through it all is amazing. Dont think it will be shown here, but be good if it were. It seems to be a part of history Thailand chooses to forget about along with the claboration in the capture of escaped POW's, who of course were executed.

There were also many Thais who actively fought against the Japanese and helped many Allied servicemen.

• 2 months later...

A must read book,colin firth will play the older Eric Lomax in the film,so cant wait till its released.

Ive read lots of books on the POW in Thailand,and the Thais helped many allied soldiers.Do a search for Boon Pong a member of the underground resistance who saved thosands of lives by supplying medicines to the prisoners,he was awarded a high honour by the British royal family.There was also special forces parachuted into jungle around the camps and thosands of thai soldiers trained by the British and i think Americans as a possible offensive,but the japanese surrendered in the war before they were used.

In officer Steel's book (forgot his first name) he described after the japanese had surrendered and coming back from ubon ratchatani by train,the local Thai were cheering at every station and passing food to the soldiers through the windows.