New Central In Suratthani & New Shop In Samui.

The new shop is under construction, on the road that leads to the airport, the short cut as I used to call it.They are now widening that road with many new businesses & car dealerships.

Will make it more interesting if you flying out of Surat, somewhere you can spend sometime & money at.smile.png Gives us some more options re shopping for better quality things.

Also news abound that a New Index Living shop is in the horizon for Samui,same as the ones in Bangkok. Told that the name franchises here using Index have been told that they have to terminate the agreement.

smile.png

• Like 1

Surat Thani Central plaza was due to open this April, this has now been put back until October 2012, Central plaza company does have a website if anyone wants to see just how big it will be. So big it will be a nice day out shopping without having to go to Bangkok.S

OMG! does this mean having to drive into the inner sanctum of Chawang? w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif .....biggrin.png

What are you growing in your garden & smoking Jimmy? SURATTHANI.

OMG! does this mean having to drive into the inner sanctum of Chawang? w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif .....biggrin.png

Opps,wacko.png my eyes are dim I cannot see! bah.gif .... I breezed by the airport... assuming it was Samui....wub.png thought with the comments it would bring shoppers to Samui ... I guess will take them away, good for ferries and bus companiesgiggle.gif Let's go shopping!

No, none of that funny stuff in my garden... just pretty flowers biggrin.png

Edited by samuijimmy

Opps,wacko.png my eyes are dim I cannot see! bah.gif .... I breezed by the airport... assuming it was Samui....wub.png thought with the comments it would bring shoppers to Samui ... I guess will take them away, good for ferries and bus companiesgiggle.gif Let's go shopping!

I think you are starting to run around again with flowers in your hair.

I think you are starting to run around again with flowers in your hair.

Dancing round the maypole eh Jimmy?....or chasing the girls around it more like! biggrin.png

Maybe they are going to build something big like a central near macro,as they have cleared all the land and i remember a few years ago seeing a sign on the land showing a big shopping complex!

Motocrosser, I have posted the link.It is well underway, so is all that section of road.

he means Macro Samui, the sign is gone and so is the dept store to come at FV, remember the eyesore with that rusty crane?

Oh I see lol, I think the new Index will be opposite side of the road. That new area being cleaned before Makro was supposed to be a shopping centre years ago. It now looks like they have put a road in the middle , which indicates perhaps a subdivision of sort.

The eyesore at FV is another story which I do not know much about.

Maybe they are going to build something big like a central near macro,as they have cleared all the land and i remember a few years ago seeing a sign on the land showing a big shopping complex!

They where going to , but planning permission was not given for the land...

• 6 months later...

I understand that Central Plaza in Sarathannii is now open... anyone been there yet... ?

Apparently an Istudio store for Mac stuff, (larger version of Ibeats) and Powerbuy, which if any thing like the one in BKK has larger selection of Computer stuff (higher end screens etc) and TV's etc...

How to actually find it?

I was there 2 weeks ago. Building is big, very big. Many shops, 20/30 restaurants (mostly chain stores). A lot of electronic stuff, iStudio, a few high end brands for clothing, sport, etc. A 4 floors Robinson, a huge parking. In short, a classical Central.

A breath of fresh air in the depressing situation of Suratthani.

Central is in the Tesco Lotus area, on the road going to the airport.

I understand that Central Plaza in Sarathannii is now open... anyone been there yet... ?

Apparently an Istudio store for Mac stuff, (larger version of Ibeats) and Powerbuy, which if any thing like the one in BKK has larger selection of Computer stuff (higher end screens etc) and TV's etc...

How to actually find it?

Went a couple of weeks ago, pretty impressive for around here really, bigger than i expected, loads of hig end shops, a big Robinsons department store. To find it head to Surathani, turn left at the first big lights past big c and keep going eventually you will see it, will try and do a picture on google maps and post here.

Probably worth telling the misses that itsclosed down as was full of cheap rubbish made in burma otherwise its going to be an expensive day out!

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

I was there 2 weeks ago. Building is big, very big. Many shops, 20/30 restaurants (mostly chain stores). A lot of electronic stuff, iStudio, a few high end brands for clothing, sport, etc. A 4 floors Robinson, a huge parking. In short, a classical Central.

Did you notice in the decent clothes stores an ARMANI EXCHANGE...by any chance...??.....otherwise i have to trek to Phuket or Bangkok....

Did you notice in the decent clothes stores an ARMANI EXCHANGE...by any chance...??.....otherwise i have to trek to Phuket or Bangkok....

What - you can buy flip flops, shorts and T shirts at Armani Exchange? (Flip flops are called thongs in Oz!)

How does the price compare to Tesco?

Flip flops 69 baht.

Shorts 199 baht

T shirt 99 baht

Is Armani Exchange quality as good as Tesco?

• Like 1

Surat is, at least for me, always a pleasant town, but actually not more than a passing point on the way for not longer than 2 days. One thing which struck the mind instantly are the prices, if you come from the islands. Everything is very, very cheap there. Even the best hotels. People seemed to me are easy going descents from Chinese immigrants. Everything is laid back and more or less simple, hectic at the main streets, but all in all sympathetic. It's the second biggest town in South Thailand, but by far not as modern or cosmopolitan as Had Yai or even Phuket town.

So now I wonder for whom is that gigantic department store actually built for? Maybe I missed something, but can't really imagine that istores or Armani are crowded all day by Suratanians or people from other parts of the rural province or neighbouring provinces or by the tiny Farang community...?

Samui - Central day trips?

I can see the minibus drivers and the taxi drivers queueing up for this one. (5,000 baht a trip?) whistling.gif

Oh no, remind's of day trips out of retirement homes.

• Like 1

I can just imagine Rooo doddering along with his walking stick! biggrin.png..... whistling.gif

Seriously if anyone planning a day trip, anytime soon, let me know, I have to get a monitor to Power Buy, to get fixed! (maybe??? ) not sure I can do on a bike, especially with the rains!!! wink.png

I don't want to pay 5000 baht for a taxi either ....tongue.png

why not call them and ask first. Maybe they have some kind of transport service or similar? or maybe they can tell you that something you want to fix or to buy is can not, no have. I have done that with an Acer PC, sent to Acer repair branch Surat Thani. Even to Bangkok,a huge 80 kilo TV fixed there for, can't remember, a few hundreds transportation cost from/to Sirikit