Oman Tourist Found Dead In South Pattaya Hotel Swimming Pool

Rimmer

Oman tourist found dead in South Pattaya Hotel swimming pool

PATTAYA:--A tourist from the Sultanate of Oman died after a suspected fall in front of his apartment in South Pattaya in the early hours of Sunday.

Police and rescue services were called to the Midtown Inn Hotel on the Pratamnuk Road after the body of Mr. Hussain Haiderbahram Juma Al Zadjaly aged 43 was found floating face-down in the Hotel’s swimming pool by Hotel Staff who attempted CPR but could not help Mr. Al Zadjaly who had already died.

Police noticed a large head wound and marks close to the edge of the Swimming pool which suggested he may have fallen on the edge of the pool and then slipped into the water. A companion inside his room, Khun Daeng aged 47 was inside his room and explained that Mr. Al Zadjaly decided to go for a late night swim while she remained inside the room.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/54618/oman-tourist-dead-south-pattaya-hotel-swimming-pool/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-05-07

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Are you suggesting that they would ignore any signs of foul play ? If there were any, there is no reason to suppose Thai police wouldn't spot it. And if no signs were there, then it is very natural to assume accidental death. Don't see any reason to look for conspiracy theories on this one.

Looks innocent enough to me, maybe going for a swim while drunk and fell into the pool?

someone will ask the question so it may as well be me; what was he doing with a 47-year old Thai lady?

and doesn't Khun mean Mister?

Are you suggesting that they would ignore any signs of foul play ? If there were any, there is no reason to suppose Thai police wouldn't spot it. And if no signs were there, then it is very natural to assume accidental death. Don't see any reason to look for conspiracy theories on this one.

If they (police) didn't hear it, see it, smell it, taste it or touch it, it never happened or it doesn't exist...Period.coffee1.gif

As you said it: : "if no signs of foul play"

Therefore I am waiting for the results of a forensic investigation of the body, the exhaustive search of the apartment, he was living in, as well as the results of interviews of his partner, his business partners and other close friends, the results of her bank accounts, his latest cash withdrawings and places he/they visited. I doubt, that the Thai police will execute all these investigations. Besides the possibility of an accidental death, it might be even worthwile not to carry out a full investigation.

Edited by fxe1200

Looks innocent enough to me, maybe going for a swim while drunk and fell into the pool?

someone will ask the question so it may as well be me; what was he doing with a 47-year old Thai lady?

Yes but there are a lot of "different" people in Pattaya, and the Arabs seem to like them.

No, "Khun" is an honorific title that can be applied to both sexes.

Don't see any reason to look for conspiracy theories on this one.

You must be new to Thai Visa.

Probably new to Thailand and its wonderful BIB also. rolleyes.gif

New as in 45 years here and doing work for BIB voluntarily. And not new to the forum posters who see a murder in every accident or suicide.

• Like 1

Mate, first of all khun is used for females and males, and secondly it says further down "...to go for a late night swim while SHE remained inside the room."

New as in 45 years here and doing work for BIB voluntarily. And not new to the forum posters who see a murder in every accident or suicide.

For some reason, I don't believe you.

• Like 1

Khun? Mister? Not when I last checked. Maybe you're getting confused with Kra and Krap.

Edited by JohnAllan

No, "Khun" is an honorific title that can be applied to both sexes.

And to the third one as well!

It will be interesting to see how they make a suicide out of this one.

I find comments like this insulting. The accident is barely 24 hours old and a propper examination needs to be carried out.

The Royal Thai Police will get to the bottom of it, I'm sure. There's a lot of work to do yet and it will take a week or two.

And for the cynics, I found this on the Pattayaone.net site:

She also revealed that he had drunk a large amount of beer during the night and decided to go for a swim before consuming more beer inside the room. Police are satisfied that a third-party was not involved with the death but will wait for the results of a post mortem examination before closing the case.

So!

She also revealed that he had drunk a large amount of beer during the night and decided to go for a swim before consuming more beer inside the room. Police are satisfied that a third-party was not involved with the death but will wait for the results of a post mortem examination before closing the case.

":Police are satisfied that a third-party was not involved with the death but will wait for the results of a post mortem examination before closing the case"

This makes you think all is kosher?.

":Police are satisfied that a third-party was not involved with the death but will wait for the results of a post mortem examination before closing the case"

This makes you think all is kosher?.

And who was the 2nd party? :(

A companion inside his room, Khun Daeng aged 47 was inside his room and explained that Mr. Al Zadjaly decided to go for a late night swim while she remained inside the room.

Khun Daeng didn't do it, or? Na ha........ wai.gif

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 1

Khun? Mister? Not when I last checked. Maybe you're getting confused with Kra and Krap.

Khun is a polite term used when addressing or referring to both males and females.

Khun is a polite term used when addressing or referring to both males and females.