Oman Tourist Found Dead In South Pattaya Hotel Swimming Pool

Rimmer

Are you suggesting that they would ignore any signs of foul play ? If there were any, there is no reason to suppose Thai police wouldn't spot it. And if no signs were there, then it is very natural to assume accidental death. Don't see any reason to look for conspiracy theories on this one.

New as in 45 years here and doing work for BIB voluntarily. And not new to the forum posters who see a murder in every accident or suicide.

For some reason, I don't believe you.

"If there were any [foul play], there is no reason to suppose Thai police wouldn't spot it. "

For this reason, I don't believe him.

You obviously have detailed information on how Thai police inspectors conduct their investigations or perhaps you just enjoy the bar and/or forum gossip about police in general ?

In any event, disbelief about my claims of length of stay in Thailand and my volunteer work for the BIB don't make them untrue and anyone can believe what they want.

Lets not get into arguing about a members status please, petercool is a well respected member and his insight and knowledge into the workings of the police is always spot on, useful and interesting.

• Like 1

Are you suggesting that they would ignore any signs of foul play ? If there were any, there is no reason to suppose Thai police wouldn't spot it. And if no signs were there, then it is very natural to assume accidental death. Don't see any reason to look for conspiracy theories on this one.

Intentionally ignore, no.

Not notice something crucial to the cause of death, 100% yes.

They dont appear to be suggesting that he fell from a great height, just tripped on the edge of the pool.

That's because there is no great height to fall from ... it's a two storey dump ... http://pattayaone.com/midtown.html

And a dump it is.........stayed at the place 10 years ago.........at that time I thought that it wouldn't last much longer.........