Uk Settlement Visa Application Waiting Times, Bangkok

Thanks Tony M. We have been talking about that too, I'm glad you think our case is strong enough to attract some attention. We are expecting our application to be delivered tomorrow to Chiang Mai, so as there is a very small chance we could get a yes we'll wait until then.

If it is a no then we'll definitely get in touch with the media, my brother works at part of ITN and will pitch the story to them. I will keep you all posted.

Kate

I really admire your bravery and selflessness over your predicament, if your case has to go all the way to the ECHR you are clearly aware that it's going to be a long drawn out procedure, my hat's off to you and your husband, and I wish you every success.

Your position, ie you're pregnant so not earning a salary, honestly hadn't crossed my mind, and I apologise for being sexist, I suspect it hadn't crossed the mind of the officials who drafted this legislation either.

I have to agree with Tony M about the possible media interest, it's certainly an important issue.

Good luck and I hope your family can be reunited in the very near future.

• Like 1

Kate

I really admire your bravery and selflessness over your predicament, if your case has to go all the way to the ECHR you are clearly aware that it's going to be a long drawn out procedure, my hat's off to you and your husband, and I wish you every success.

Your position, ie you're pregnant so not earning a salary, honestly hadn't crossed my mind, and I apologise for being sexist, I suspect it hadn't crossed the mind of the officials who drafted this legislation either.

I have to agree with Tony M about the possible media interest, it's certainly an important issue.

Good luck and I hope your family can be reunited in the very near future.

Thank you so much :) Your words really mean a lot, it's nice to know that people care and understand our horrible predicament. My husband is, fortunately, very strong and keeps us positive, but I must admit it's getting harder and harder!

Definitely still thinking of going to the media with this, just need the initial decision first!

Still no news yet...will keep you posted.

Visa submitted 16/10/12

Passport returned with no visa along with some documents, the decision letter is addressed to someone else about an entirely different visa!! Disgraceful!! Trying to find a contact telephone number but seems impossible!

It seems that the visa wasn't issued and your letter has gone to another applicant, as you rightly say an utter disgrace.

They don't publish their direct phone number and neither will the main switchboard put you through to the Entry Clearance Manager, Tony will probably advise you as to you best course of action.

The UKBA team don't work on a Friday afternoon.

You honestly couldn't make it up.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Visa submitted 16/10/12

Passport returned with no visa along with some documents, the decision letter is addressed to someone else about an entirely different visa!! Disgraceful!! Trying to find a contact telephone number but seems impossible!

Kate,

That is incredibly bad. But, if there is no visa in the passport, then it looks like it was refused, unfortunately.

The Embassy, and visa section, are closed for the weekend. If you want to PM us with details, we will contact the Embassy first thing on Monday. We will need the BKK reference ( you will find it written above a stamp from the Embassy on the last page of the passport ). Plus full name of applicant, and passport number. If you can let us have your private email address too, we will email you as soon as we hear something.

Tony M

Edited by ThaiVisaExpress

Thank you, all I have been able to do today is e-mail VFS, the embassy and the UKBA complaints! I will try and get in touch with the Embassy myself on Monday but thanks for the offer Tony M.

Do you know if the decisions are made in Bangkok or in the UK?

Kate

Thank you, all I have been able to do today is e-mail VFS, the embassy and the UKBA complaints! I will try and get in touch with the Embassy myself on Monday but thanks for the offer Tony M.

Do you know if the decisions are made in Bangkok or in the UK?

Kate

The decisions are made in Bangkok.

Tony M

Hi.can somebody tell me how much savings i need to show in my bank for my wifes settlement visa(uk)?

i have a full time job and small savings but am wanting to spend some money but not sure what the ukba need to see in bank

Thanks

I think people will need a bit more info to advise - like current level of saving, current salary (and any wrinkles such as being new to the job, self employed etc), number of kids. As a general rule though I think if you have less than £16k saving then none of it will count towards meeting the requirement; so spend away!

The minimum required income is £18,600 pa.

If your income is at or above this you do not need any savings at all.

Savings above £16000 can be used to reduce the required income on a sliding scale until savings of £62,500 mean that you do not need any income at all.

Note that the savings must be in cash, available at very short notice and have been in the possession and control of you, your partner or both jointly for at least 6 months prior to the application.

See Financial requirements in UK Settlement Visa Basics.

See under

For anyone who is interested, these are the figures for settlement visa applications, and decisions, for July - December 2011 and July to November/December 2012

Doc2.docx

In addition, we know that the number of settlement decisions made in December 2012 was 7.

The figures are interesting ( well, I think so ) as they show the reduction in settlement visa applications since the new rules were introduced in July 2012.

For instance, settlement applications made July - December 2011 was 665. In the period July - November 2012 the figure was 230 (no December 2012 figure available)

For instance, settlement decisons made July - December 2011 was 976. In the period July - December 2012 the figure was 519.

That appears to be ( very roughly) around 50% reduction in both applications and decisions, which appears to be in line with the governments own ( pre-July 2012 ) estimate of around 47% - 56% reduction in settlement applications due to the introduction of the financial threshold of 18,600 GBP a year.

Settlement visa applied for 7 Nov, decision 8 Feb.

Anyone know if I can collect on Saturdays? The VFS website seems to say Saturday but has no opening time shown

You can collect on Saturdays 08.30 - 12.00. This is the information:

Decision & document collection times Monday to Friday 13:00-16:30

Saturday 08.30-12.00

(Excluding public holidays)

This is the page with the timings :

http://www.vfs-uk-th...tioncentre.html

Edited by ThaiVisaExpress

Hi my wife has applied on the 27th November and still have not heard anything back yet could people please advise?

12 weeks i think is about the norm at the moment. From what i have seen and poeples posts its been to the day......

Sit tight it will land in about 10 days :)