Uk Settlement Visa Application Waiting Times, Bangkok

3 more embassy open days and were at 12 weeks, the embassy says you can contact them after 12 weeks, do they take public holidays off this 12 weeks? Hence as we have has 5 in December we will actually have to wait till 13 before they will entertain any contact?

I would say yes add I think 5 days . Its a joke!

After saying that I'm sure when they decided on 12 weeks that would be based on the average and must have accounted for the down time through the year.

Edited by Kiggs

Although just noticed this and it seems it 3 months not 12 weeks, so if the go by calander month then it will be the 17 of Jan before we can contact them and the 19th for you.

If we have taken more than 3 weeks (for non-settlement visas) or 3 months (for settlement visas) to process your application, and we have not published a news story to explain the delay, you can contact our visa information service to find out what is happening.

:((

I think that 3 mths is there to cover there backs. Can't remember every mth but I'm sure there they all said 100% @12 weeks.

I know what you mean if we don't have word before the 20th I will just stop in bangkok for a week. Pi$$ed off is not the word! I have stopped looking on the vfs website if I'm honest. I look at her emails but I think if they needed more info they would have asked already.

I know we are banging on about it but what I can't understand is wilbs only had a week on us and they requested more info but had his result 2 weeks ago.

Cant get it to ctrl V as i want but i can see that 100% last mth were made after 60days. 60days for us is next week

I can see the txt but im looking at the numbers. 38 made over the mth and they did them within 60 days (So they should!)

Edited by theoldgit

No response to our visa application either - the 3 of us seem to be in the same boat.

Good luck with the phone call to the embassy - please let us know. I thought they only accepted emails via VFS and, Kiggs, that is after 3 months which would really be 19th Jan in our cases.

Hope it all turns out ok

I thought it was 12 weeks. So not counting the 5days off over Christmas I make it the 11th.

Email received from the embassy 2/3days ago

I note your comments that applications are taking longer than previously however we are still processing settlement cases within 12 weeks. Although we may have been able to process settlement cases quicker at some points during the year, we have not exceeded the 12 weeks we advise that applicants should allow.

Edited by Kiggs

My Wife called the embassy in Hanoi today, she was told that they had nothing back from BKK but girl checked the computer and told my wife that our application is currently being processed, (I take this to mean simply that its in BKK waiting for a decision) she also said that it is currently undergoing my employment checks (not sure how accurate this is or if it indicates it close to being finished or not) and if no extra info is required by embassy it will be processed before 3 months (next Wednesday)

Steve

So they say next Wednesday let's hope they are true to there word!

My wife called today she thought it was the embassy but it was only the VFS office and they told her February! Don't believe anything they say tbh.

I think they only say next wed because thats when 3 months is up, dont think they had any justification for that day, simply going on the 3 months. How did they justify February to your Mrs? did they give a reason for such a delay? I tried to call BKK embassy today if you follow the options you just get a pre recorded msg so I called switch and asked to speak to visa section as our application is not handled by VFS and she tried to put me through but then kept saying there all in a meeting I was trying for over 2 hours, always same reply. TBH I dont think calling them will get any resonable explanation or answer from them.

Its been a very bad connection to her phone today so didn't get the full story but she said about holidays and the fact they don't work weekends!!!! Clear as mud I know but that's all I got. Will call her in the morn.