Hua Hin, 5 Other Districts In Prachuap Declared Drought Disaster Zones

george

One of the most idiotic Country's on the Earth, Thailand is blessed with abundance of fertile soil and water but sadly the donkeys in Charge have no idea.

Next the farmers will be charging 3 times the price for fruit and veg because of water shortage...Limes are already going for 9 baht each that should be 1 baht..Laughable

Massive amounts of water are disgustingly wasted right at the hight of the Dry season ...The Country deserves all that it gets

Planning is obviously not in the Thai Dictionary

I keep reading all these negative comments and wondering why these people have chosen to come to Thailand.

I can't recall to seen an advertisement of how perfect this country is before deciding to settle in Thailand 18 years ago (at least it wasn't provided from my travel agent during that time).

My advise to you guys is, pack your stuff and go right back where you came from or simply accept the differences in culture.

I can only agree with you

Of course you will. Because either you're brainwashed by the system or the system works for you -- on the backs of poor Thai folk. Some of us here complain because we still think there's a shred of hope that the Thai people will eventually "wake up" to the atrocities their fellow 'people' commit against them. Some of us are here not because we left our countries because we hate our own countries, but because we thought that we might be able to live in the homelands of our partners.

Obviously, I for one, WILL be going back, but that won't stop me from complaining/posting abroad about how I wish Thailand could/would become a better place to live in -- for its own people.

No doubt they will be grateful for your deep and heartfelt concern about what is best for them. Falangs always know best what is right for Thailand and its people, after all their own countries are shining examples of competent government, prudent financial management and fair treatment of all by their countrymen.

Edited by johnnyk

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of rain in Hua Hin..is it still in a drought

Will someone please explain to these people the connection between rainfall, water storage, irrigation etc. and drought?

Why dont you explain!!!.....The past week or so has rained almost everyday....that means resavoirs etc may have refilled and Hua Hin is not declared a disaster zone anymore.....so please explain about the current irrigation in Hua Hin that has led to it being declared a disaster zone and dosnt drought normally mean a shortage of water...maybe I am missing something.