Tourist Visa For Oz

Seeking some clarification on some apparent contradictions regarding supporting girlfriends application for tourist visa for Oz

1/ Is a covering letter good enough to explain how and when you met or does this need to be a "stat . dec."

2/ Photostat copies of payslips and bank account statements to show ability to support. Do these need to be certified as true copies? Is it good enough to show the originals at the visa application centre and hand over the copies?

3/ Same question regarding emails and telephone records-copies o.k.?

Arriving in February and lodging application as soon as I arrive.

I know it can be tough enough without making any stupid mistakes.

Thanks in advance Bob

I assume that this will be her first tourist visa. If so, you need to hit them with everything that you can. In other words, put a lot of effort into the application.

All photostat copies of original papers need to be certified as being an exact copy of the original. If you are gathering your papers from Australia, I suggest that you take them to your nearest police station for verification.

Most police stations have a stamp that they use on the photostat copy, and they don't charge for the service.

In Thailand, copies can be certified at many Govt offices and some travel agents.

It is always a good idea to provide statutory declarations for any statements that you wish to be considered in support of the application.

Stat. Decs. are sworn evidence.

Your statement of support needs to be detailed. Jot down on a piece of paper as many points as you can that will support your submission and then write a comprehensive stat. dec. covering all of the points.

If you have friends who have already met your Thai g/f, let them provide a Stat. Dec. stating that in their opinion your relationship is genuine and continuing. There is no limit to how many you should supply.

Emails, letters, photographs: supply the originals, unless you want to keep them. At the end of the process, these will usually be returned to you.

In addition to your payslips, obtain a letter of employment from your paymaster stating how long you have been with the company and your annual salary.

Have a good read through many of the other threads in this forum for bucket loads of other advice. Use the search button facility.

Seeking some clarification on some apparent contradictions regarding supporting girlfriends application for tourist visa for Oz

1/ Is a covering letter good enough to explain how and when you met or does this need to be a "stat . dec."

2/ Photostat copies of payslips and bank account statements to show ability to support. Do these need to be certified as true copies? Is it good enough to show the originals at the visa application centre and hand over the copies?

3/ Same question regarding emails and telephone records-copies o.k.?

Arriving in February and lodging application as soon as I arrive.

I know it can be tough enough without making any stupid mistakes.

Thanks in advance Bob

Aussiebob...

You can submit the originals of all documents, you will be asked to tick a box stating that you require all originals returned. Make sure that you do this or the embassy will keep them....They will probably photocopy some docs for their own records at no cost to you. I have done this with no problems at all.

Regards the Stat Dec...it is a legal document whereas a covering letter is not. If you PM me with your email I can send you a blank Stat Dec and a form copy of one where you just need to fill in yours and her details, or change it to suit yourself.