Anyone Transferred A Second Hand Bike Into Their Name Recently ?

No

The current owner in the green book would have already proved his residency when registering the bike initially.

Only the new owner has to prove residency in order to have the green book in his/her name.

Edited by Rickster

No

The current owner in the green book would have already proved his residency when registering the bike initially.

Only the new owner has to prove residency in order to have the green book in his/her name.

both are /were required less than 10 days ago

together with passport copies /visa copies /and even entry and exit stamps

tis getting stricter

No

tis getting stricter

Which DLT? As you know, rules often vary from one office to the next.

Okay, just got back from Mityon in Khao Talo , Pattaya and the residency certificate is required from both the seller and the buyer (if farang, of course).

So i actually prefer to put the bike in the missus' name as it's just another headache down the road when selling the bike on.

That could actually be a bigger headache for you down the road going on what you read on here.....I would have it my name. It is pretty easy to do, hardly any problem at all.

No

tis getting stricter

Which DLT? As you know, rules often vary from one office to the next.

Not wanting to hijack the thread, i have just got my new Versys in Chiang Rai and due to some complication, the Chaing Mai Kawasaki branch has to register the bike because the CR DLT would not register a so called "big bike" and the immigration would not word my residency letter in such a way i could put my name on the green book in Chiang Mai, i have registered it initially my girlfriends name and then plan to change it later.

My question (finally) is how long before i can change the ownership over, i recall reading i would have to wait one year or so ?

If you are having problems you could try this. I bought a second hand scooter a year or so ago. The guy had signed the green book and gave me a copy of his ID card. I went to a local bike dealers (not a main dealer) and asked them to sort it out (as i didnt have a clue). Gave them a copy of passport and work permit, that was it. Picked up the green book the next day. I can't remember what i paid him but it wasn't very much. I guess they have contacts. This was at the On Nut office in BKK.