Change O Visa To B

If you obtain a work permit there would not be any need to change. Not all offices will issue a work permit on a non immigrant O visa entry. If need B you would have to have full company paperwork (and receipt for work permit application in most cases) and visit a Consulate outside Thailand.

here on a non-o visa if i get a work permit do i need to change to a b visa if so how do i go about this

If you currently have a 90-day permission to stay based on arrival in Thailand with a non-O visa you can apply for a work permit but most likely not pick it up once it is ready. To pick it up, you would need a one-year extension of stay for the reason of living with your Thai wife.

here on a non-o visa if i get a work permit do i need to change to a b visa if so how do i go about this

If you currently have a 90-day permission to stay based on arrival in Thailand with a non-O visa you can apply for a work permit but most likely not pick it up once it is ready. To pick it up, you would need a one-year extension of stay for the reason of living with your Thai wife.

I don't have an extension of stay and had no problems.

It very much depends on the labour office one is using. Some will and some will not issue on a non-O, without the extension to be sure that it is not a non-O based on retirement.

any idea on position at pattaya office