Thailand Needs Cricket

So to harry, whose services to this thread will be whispered about in days to come you are here by awarded (by default, because you were too slack-assed to reply to my PM and you were the only member offered a choice, put I'll give the benefit of the doubt and think that you were busying yourself with research for this thread) .. the following Thai Visa Cricketing Team caricature.

Personally, I considered it (the caricature) one of my favourites and was saving it for an auspicious occasion like this.

post-104736-0-25133500-1339358554_thumb.

Welcome aboard harry ... clap2.gif

Edited by David48

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great statistics; did you make them up?

If not, where can I find the scoreboard?

An Update ( *sigh* ... now I am wishing I had never mentioned this), brit 1984 topped the days scoring with controversial run getting method when the sun was in Fielders eyes with many unchallenged singles late in the day. Me ... I still call them cheap shots.

brit1984 claimed the day scoring a neat century or 3.84% of the total postings, overtaking kevjohn with 62 posts runs .. 2.38%.

The surprise bolter was harry with 28 runs or just of 1% of the total 24 hour posts here on TVF.

Great statistics; did you make them up?

I play with a straight bat ... you, of all people, should know that!

Thats the way to do it Boss....Wait for everyone to be distracted and then hit em with a lot of singles....good one....clap2.gif

Lucky we can play this cricket game, from the comfort of our lounge rooms,

as it is typical long weekend weather here in Sydney Australia....."Rain and Cold"......mad.gif

BIG THANKS to the umpires...thumbsup.gif

+1.......out of "Likes" again......sad.png

Is there 'Likes' quota here?

Yeah.....don't know how many a day, but I seam to run out each morning......sad.png

So kevjohn ... you have the Pitch all to yourself ... care to bowl the first ball of the new day.

Why not...I do that, with the help of a coffee......if that OK

Another day another dollar at the crease.....cold and wet, but don't we love it......sad.png

If it was any colder, the balls would freeze in mid air.....didn't want to mention the brass monkey...wink.png

At least me pads are keeping the wind off me legs so I'm settled in for another day.....I think...smile.png

So let the first ball freeze be bowled.....Not to fast...not to slow not long ...not short.... that's it, just right....lucky I missed the duck....clap2.gif

^^ from above ... I know how you are feeling in the cold and wet.

post-104736-0-54600500-1339371017_thumb.

Here is a solution if the heavens open up a little too much.

... and I have no idea where I get these ... these images are just a magnet to my computer ... must as the selection for the early Cheer Squad members were.

Speaking of which ... how is everyone's knees?

Edited by David48

Anyone else wish to chance their arm?

post-104736-0-12526000-1339369849_thumb.

As you can see, it's not a Green Top Pitch, presenting opportunites to both Bowler and Batsman.

* sigh * ... not a coffee cup in sight ... rolleyes.gif

Plenty of coffee cups, in sight, were I am. do yah wont one. Have a pigeon, hanging around, looking for work...wink.png

edit for answer

Re your question....looks like it is only you and me.......O well we are dedicated....wink.png

Edited by kevjohn

^^ from above ... I know how you are feeling in the cold and wet.

post-104736-0-54600500-1339371017_thumb.

Here is a solution if the heavens open up a little too much.

... and I have no idea where I get these ... these images are just a magnet to my computer ... must as the selection for the early Cheer Squad members were.

Speaking of which ... how is everyone's knees?

Maybe put a lid on the bowl.....if the heavens open up a little too much, it might overflow and then I could drown.....sad.png

And just to carry on from the last post....keep the pictures coming, it gives me practice saving images to my computer.....thumbsup.gif

As you will notice.....wink.png

Edited by kevjohn

She's not as slow as me Boss.....I'm still tryen ta get past first base.....ermm.gif

If you got kids ... unless you still have a milkman ... you got past first base.

Maybe the metaphor would be that you would not like to score a duck in your first inningings ...

post-104736-0-56229900-1339332568_thumb.

The milkman......he isn't around to ask and as for the "Duck", no idea how to score one....only score singles...smile.png

Good batting KJ

No dot balls but nothing risky

Just a little flick / prod / poke then run

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Steady... let's stay focussed on the cricket, shall we?

SC

...I seam to run out each morning......sad.png

A seamer, eh? I thought you were a batsman, but obviously not all is as it seams.

as my mother told me (on the subject of needlework) "as ye seam, so shall ye rip"

I seem to have missed a lot of balls overnight...

SC

TV Cricket

The Team with Two Knees

...I seam to run out each morning......sad.png

A seamer, eh? I thought you were a batsman, but obviously not all is as it seams.

as my mother told me (on the subject of needlework) "as ye seam, so shall ye rip"

I seem to have missed a lot of balls overnight...

SC

TV Cricket

The Team with Two Knees

SC you piked me up on that one......I like to think my seams seem OK......OK.....wink.png

So kevjohn ... you have the Pitch all to yourself ... care to bowl the first ball of the new day.

David48 I had to really focus to see who you were talking to there...

SC

TV Cricket

Be brave - be bold!

"To whom" - I make myself look like an illiterate.

To whom, or not to whom, that is the question

Whether it is nobler (knobblier?) to suffer the slings and arrows of arbitrary ruling

Or offer alms to a see of troubles, and by opposing, end them?

Edited by StreetCowboy

You will be pleased to know that because of a late run (or early if you are working on the sunshine states time) we achieved just 240 posts in 24 hrs....spot on target so the new target is 2661....threw the one in for an extra single.

Edited by harrry

Ahhhh the smell of beautiful coffee from Mae Suai accompanied by the gentle hiss of the espresso machine.....first coffee of the day coming up.....

Sorry Kevin...you will have to stic with the Pablo..

Ahhhh the smell of beautiful coffee from Mae Suai accompanied by the gentle hiss of the espresso machine.....first coffee of the day coming up.....

Sorry Kevin...you will have to stic with the Pablo..

Good on you harrry. I worry that kevjohn may miss your subtle dig.

Personally, I have had to swear off coffee, for fear that it keeps me awake at work

SC

TV Cricket

Whether it is knobbleir in the mind

or in the knees

You will be pleased to know that because of a late run (or early if you are working on the sunshine states time) we achieved just 240 posts in 24 hrs....spot on target so the new target is 2661....threw the one in for an extra single.

I'll throw another one in for good measure.....wink.png