Thailand Needs Cricket

or this?

Do they run or hop between wickets?

The frog I am referring to often make statements that could be described (in cricketing terms) as bowling a long-hop

Is that the same thing as a short - jump?.......I'm still learning these sophisticated cricketing terms.....or maybe, quick - step...smile.png

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ill be having a spell for a couple of weeks boys.

My 20/20 contract duties are calling.

I will try and make the odd appearance in the crowds during that time.

Keep on lifting those averages!

Ill be having a spell for a couple of weeks boys.

My 20/20 contract duties are calling.

I will try and make the odd appearance in the crowds during that time.

Keep on lifting those averages!

Is he a scouser? They'll lift anything.

SC

TV Cricket - The team with... oi! where's it gone?

At least we have our knees

Liverpool? Is that part of Scotland?

I think you'll find Ireland is the capital of Liverpool.

or this?

Do they run or hop between wickets?

The frog I am referring to often make statements that could be described (in cricketing terms) as bowling a long-hop

Is that the same thing as a short - jump?.......I'm still learning these sophisticated cricketing terms.....or maybe, quick - step...smile.png

A long-hop is a delivery that is pitched short (often with aggresive intent) but as the bowler is too slow, the delivery is actually very easy for the batsman to hit (often for four or six) as he has plenty of time to see it coming and to make sure he hits it with the middle of his bat.

brit1984 said

A long-hop is a delivery that is pitched short (often with aggresive intent) but as the bowler is too slow, the delivery is actually very easy for the batsman to hit (often for four or six) as he has plenty of time to see it coming and to make sure he hits it with the middle of his bat.

That is the delivery I would need, not so much as to hit the ball for a four or a six, but just to hit it....sad.png

brit1984 said

That is the delivery I would need, not so much as to hit the ball for a four or a six, but just to hit it....sad.png

As explained earlier, if you are asked to bat, it would be best if you concentrate on scoring singles.

As also explained earlier, I never hit sixes, as (intentionally) hitting the ball in the air is contrary to my personal philosophy on life (and I am boring).

Hitting 6s is good for lazy people.....none of this stupid running needed.

...and if you are caught trying to hit a six, you can head back to the pavilion and put your feet up...

...but then you have to explain your choice of shot to the captain, answer silly questions about your mobile phone from the junior players, keep score while the scorer takes a piss (or worse a poo) and you may even get roped into some umpiring (never mind finding a new ball after the new batsman smacks the other one into a pond, and telling the old man to take his barking dog to another park and having to draw a map for him because he is new to the area and can't hear very well)...

...easier just to block it

Sorry guys did not work

No need to apologise

We can see the effort that you put in

Thanks for trying

Well kevjohn ... remembering we are a team so, may I assist you with your delivery on this one?

post-104736-0-80567400-1339012580_thumb.

There you are ... forever connected with your name.

Boring technicially explaination ...

All images have a file type. Yours was a '.bmp' or bitmap.

For some reason, this Forum has difficulity to display a .bmp file directly.

What I did was convert your .bmp into a .jpg ... hence you can now see it without clicking the link.

One of the reasons maybe that the Forum doesn't display .bmp's is that usually they are very large photo or drawing files. But interestly yours was a small file, hence the pixilation (small squares of colour) when you look at the large photo.

If any one finds here a .bmp photo/cartoon/drawing that they want to use then just PM it to me and I'll convert it for you.

Just a thought about how to place a image in a post (by clicking 'More reply options')

Sometimes I see a good thread and image, but many times the image is just an attachment, appearing at the end of the story when it could have been so much more if the image was central to the posting and the story flowed around it.

How to do this very simple.

Upload the image you wish to use, allow a bit of white space around it.

Usually 3 blank lines and then place your cursor in the centre blank line, left click your mouse so that the cursor is just blinking there.

Move the mouse to the bottom of the Dialogue box to where you see the words Add to post and just click Add to post and the photo will appear where the Cursor was blinking.

Then, if you want you can click 'Preview Post' so see how the image sits in the posting.

Hit 'Add Reply' ... and you have posted.

Just some thoughts and I'm loving what images you guys find to post here ... I'm a visual sort of guy ... biggrin.png

Edited by David48

Sorry guys did not work

No need to apologise

Thanks for trying

Well kevjohn ... remembering we are a team so, may I assist you with your delivery on this one?

What I did was convert your .bmp into a .jpg ... hence you can now see it without clicking the link.

One of the reasons maybe that the Forum doesn't display .bmp's is that usually they are very large photo or drawing files. But interestly yours was a small file, hence the pixilation (small squares of colour) when you look at the large photo.

If any one finds here a .bmp photo/cartoon/drawing that they want to use then just PM it to me and I'll convert it for you.

Thanks for all that help

As I was going to say when posting that image

This is a photo of the greatest cricket-er to play on this planet......or I thinks so. anyway...clap2.gif .

post-104736-0-80567400-1339012580_thumb.jpg

Edited by kevjohn

...and if you are caught trying to hit a six, you can head back to the pavilion and put your feet up...

...but then you have to explain your choice of shot to the captain, answer silly questions about your mobile phone from the junior players, keep score while the scorer takes a piss (or worse a poo) and you may even get roped into some umpiring (never mind finding a new ball after the new batsman smacks the other one into a pond, and telling the old man to take his barking dog to another park and having to draw a map for him because he is new to the area and can't hear very well)...

".... and the ball sails over the wicket looking for all the world like a limpid pumpkin, the batsman steps forward, majestically lofts it high high high over the gasometer. He turns to accept the adulation of the crowd, and deftly clears the bails from his stumps..."

Bugger that for a game of soldiers, I'm off to take the roller for a spin... I'll stick to driving in the future.

SC

".... and the ball sails over the wicket looking for all the world like a limpid pumpkin, the batsman steps forward, majestically lofts it high high high over the gasometer. He turns to accept the adulation of the crowd, and deftly clears the bails from his stumps..."

Bugger that for a game of soldiers, I'm off to take the roller for a spin... I'll stick to driving in the future.

SC

Well......you are the driver...smile.png

SC

... and a warm smile appeared on the readers faces after that yarn ...

I could visualise the shot, hear the swoosh of the bat, audibly the crowd raised their voices then rising to their feet ... and the 'kerplunk' when the bails tumble to the ground.

post-104736-0-12299900-1339031400_thumb.

StreetCoyboy ... don't give up so easily as I think I have identified the balance issue.

When you donned your spikes, they have a different centre of balance from your usual boots with spurs.

Some more time with the different footwear will improve your balance and thus ... your stroke making.

When you play with your wife has she complained recently about you being off balance and your stroke play not up to scratch of date?

SC

I could visualise the shot, hear the swoosh of the bat, audibly the crowd raised their voices then rising to their feet ... and the 'kerplunk' when the bails tumble to the ground.

OH ... I have done some cross promotion over at the Fish Farm

StreetCoyboy ... don't give up so easily as I think I have identified the balance issue.

When you donned your spikes, they have a different centre of balance from your usual boots with spurs.

Some more time with the different footwear will improve your balance and thus ... your stroke making.

When you play with your wife has she complained recently about you being off balance and your stroke play not up to scratch of date?

I dont have any shoes....sad.pngcrying.gif

Sorry guys did not work

No need to apologise

Thanks for trying

Thanks for all that help

As I was going to say when posting that image

This is a photo of the greatest cricket-er to play on this planet......or I thinks so. anyway...clap2.gif .

post-104736-0-80567400-1339012580_thumb.jpg

A cricketing cricket playing cricket cricket with other cricketing crickets, then the cricketing crickets, including this cricketing cricket take a break from cricket cricket to eat their cricket lunch including their cricket sandwiches (which don't contain crickets)...

Speaking of visual images ... I came across this one as an explaination to the game.

post-104736-0-37106700-1339014899_thumb.

Maybe we could actually chat about the game of Cricket for a while ... whistling.gif

Thanks

The batsmen at the non-strikers end doesn't seem very focused; he should be backing-up

Just a thought about how to place a image in a post (by clicking 'More reply options')

Sometimes I see a good thread and image, but many times the image is just an attachment, appearing at the end of the story when it could have been so much more if the image was central to the posting and the story flowed around it.

How to do this very simple.

Upload the image you wish to use, allow a bit of white space around it.

Usually 3 blank lines and then place your cursor in the centre blank line, left click your mouse so that the cursor is just blinking there.

Move the mouse to the bottom of the Dialogue box to where you see the words Add to post and just click Add to post and the photo will appear where the Cursor was blinking.

Then, if you want you can click 'Preview Post' so see how the image sits in the posting.

Hit 'Add Reply' ... and you have posted.

Just some thoughts and I'm loving what images you guys find to post here ... I'm a visual sort of guy ... biggrin.png

Thanks very much... especially as you realised that this information would be wasted in one of those unpopular threads about how to post images... if we are to achieve our objective of saving Thailand, this thread is the one that matters and you have demonstrated a forward-looking perspective with a complete understanding of this important point...

SC

Why?

SC

I followed your link to the Fish Farm thread

That Elly gets around doesn't she?

SC

Why?

You didn't buy me any.....can I use flip-flops?...biggrin.png

Edited by kevjohn