Uk Jails Teenager For Possessing Al-Qaeda'S Online Magazine

News_Editor

If you think George Orwell would support the publication of books that legitimise the bombing of children and cutting women's legs off to stop them straying from the Path, then you have missed his central drive which was about protecting human rights including the most basic human right ; to not be beheaded or blown up in the name of some phantom god.

What kind of publication you are talking about? What is the source of your information?

http://www.pbs.org/w...eda/manual.html This one may suffice.smile.png

That has instructions like:

18. Not park in no-parking zones and not take photographs where it is forbidden.

I read nothing about "cutting women's legs off"

Nice bit of "Cherry picking" ,so in spite all the other "instructions" you are not satisfied then that this is just Al Qaeda literature on how to kill and maim infidels ?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice bit of "Cherry picking" ,so in spite all the other "instructions" you are not satisfied then that this is just Al Qaeda literature on how to kill and maim infidels ?

More in line with this topic............Should you be jailed for reading it? You also linked it so your helping distribute it?

Off you go then

• Like 1

More in line with this topic............Should you be jailed for reading it? You also linked it so your helping distribute it?

Off you go then

Actually you make a good point, there is certainly some 'heavyweight Quranic commentary' in the document, such as 'Guidelines for beating and killing hostages' as provided by Imam Mosallem's manuscript, which evidently misunderstands Islam.

So presuming Colin is not guilty of anti-Islamic activity the distinction must surely be the specifics for carrying out this general advice because if general exhortations to violence suffice then you must outlaw a whole range of 'holy' scriptures as well.

18. Not park in no-parking zones and not take photographs where it is forbidden.

Womens' groups in Pakistan report approx. 10000 women and girls killed per year in honor killings within Islamic families. Teenage girls have been buried alive for refusing to marry their arranged husband. Girls have had their lower legs cut off to stop them running away. As the Prophet says in the koran, 'if you must strike a woman do not strike her face'.

In Iran, the home of islamic theocracy :

"The chief of police in Iran stated that 40% of all murders in Iran happen due to domestic violence"

"In Iran a 13 year old girl is old enough to legally marry and considered as an adult at age 8 years and 9 months, old enough to be sentenced to stoning, flogging and hanging for adultery and fornication."

http://www.vokradio....nt/view/949/52/

What I am saying is that I support & even defend everyones rights to believe in whatever religion they want to believe, but I do not support or defend their right to injure or kill other human beings for any reason, or to publish ideological material that encourages the killing or injuring of other people for any reason.

Edited by Yunla
  • Like 2

Off-topic posts have been deleted.

Posters who tell other posters what to read, or to read ALL of a link are going to be given a warning and a suspension. Such behavior will derail the topic.

Stay on topic.

Womens' groups in Pakistan report approx. 10000 women and girls killed per year in honor killings within Islamic families. Teenage girls have been buried alive for refusing to marry their arranged husband. Girls have had their lower legs cut off to stop them running away. As the Prophet says in the koran, 'if you must strike a woman do not strike her face'.

In Iran, the home of islamic theocracy :

"The chief of police in Iran stated that 40% of all murders in Iran happen due to domestic violence"

"In Iran a 13 year old girl is old enough to legally marry and considered as an adult at age 8 years and 9 months, old enough to be sentenced to stoning, flogging and hanging for adultery and fornication."

http://www.vokradio....nt/view/949/52/

What I am saying is that I support & even defend everyones rights to believe in whatever religion they want to believe, but I do not support or defend their right to injure or kill other human beings for any reason, or to publish ideological material that encourages the killing or injuring of other people for any reason.

OMG. A study lead by Iran's renowned sociologist Dr. Ghazi Tabatabaei, who is a professor in Tehran universities found out that there are cases of domestic violence in Iran and the findings are summarized as:

Iran is a multi ethnic/ multi cultural country and is very diverse, the findings of the study show that the results from each province differ from each other very much. The study clearly shows a correlation between violence against women and living in provinces further away from the capital; which could be explained from many angles including economically, sub-cultures of the region, dominance of religion, and lack of higher education.

Domestic violence probably happens elsewhere too. And it is of course prosecuted in the two countries you mentioned.

What has it do do with your comment:" If you think George Orwell would support the publication of books that legitimise the bombing of children and cutting women's legs off to stop them straying from the Path,..."

What are the publication that legimise to cut of women's legs? That was my question.

And there is still a difference between write, create, publishing books that teach the reader how to violate the law and being simply in possession of such a publication.

Who was it that said those that give up freedoms for security deserve neither?

This quote has been generally attributed to Ben Franklin.

He's also a guy who flew a kite during a severe weather disturbance. One does have to take Mr. Franklin's statements and peculiar activities in context...........

I've been curious what these jihadist mags had in them but I'm not about to get anywhere near that stuff.

I saw one on-line. Just a bunch of hateful rhetoric. Talk about boring.

*knock knock*

"it's the internet police"

Off you go then

Another one Grasping at strawslaugh.png My My you are getting desperate ,the link you read was an Excerpt, a "sanitized version" put out for public viewing ,read the article in red on the side of the page "the following excerpts" biggrin.png Edited by Colin Yai