What Do You Do In Your Spare Time?

30sLad

I have a kid so I don't get spare time.

^^^^^^

This.

BUt if the OP is at a lose end and fancies babysitting.

I have a better offer for the op

Assistant to my assistant cheer squad coach for our Thai cricket team.

He has just injured himself and has his right arm in a sling.rolleyes.gif

Further information available here... http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/554349-thailand-needs-cricket/

I read, watch movies and documentaries, do photography and graphic design projects, I use the internet, catch up with friends and have dinner.

Quite an exciting life I lead. wink.png

Certainly looks that way but if I may suggest, I would put "having dinner" as number 1.thumbsup.gif

Riding the push bike, exploring Samui and surrounding islands, taking photos, reading, sitting on the beach, spending quality time with my girlfriend; most of which I haven't been able to do for the last seven weeks as I've been recovering from a serious motorbike accident, so my TV post-count has tripled!

Family History. Fascinating subject, though you cannot do it all on-line. I have traced parts of my family back to the 1600's in Yorkshire. I have oodles of cousins in Oz.

Funny you should say that - I'm from Oz, and I recently traced my Yorkshire-born father's line back to the 1600's... I have oodles of cousins in the UK!

IMO, A good way to counteract boredom is not to think in terms of...err what am i gonna do today..but think along the lines of " i have so many choices of things to do today, how can i choose"

For me this attitude rings true.One thing is for sure, living here allows one to do many things that you wouldnt consider back home due to the extortionate price of things.

As i don't work here, my family and friends back home are always asking "but what do you do all day?"

I find this hard to answer as i really dont go out of my way to think of things to do, yet there is always something.

A few things i can think of at the moment that maybe others havent mentioned:

-Get on a random city bus and see where it goes. Explore the area for interesting stuff and use the same bus to get back home

-Learn a musical instrument. Guitars are cheap and compact and you can learn all you want on the net

-Movies one day a week. Usually the cheap charlie wednesday, at 80 baht you can go back to back movies if you wanted

-Read up on reviews of restaurants and have one day per week seeking out an upmarket meal

-Chinatown and Khaosan

-Day trips of museum, art gallery or temple, although some of these can get tiring after a while

-Explore the river boat system, you might end up at khao san road, which might be a good or bad thing

-Check out the public parks. Stickman reckons its a great day out walking around Lumphini

-2 hour massage. make a point to go to a different area each time

-Gym

-Take a bus trip to the beach now and again or to some area a few hours from your appartment, even staying the night is affordable

-Get off at different BTS stops and walk around the area looking for things of interest

-Take up muay thai..many schools i am told and you can also use this to get an ed visa

-Golf driving range. Can hire clubs and buy buckets of balls,Not expensive like back home

-Visit an orphange and hand out some clothes and chocolate bars (ive only read that but havent got around to it myself)

-If in BK, check for what conventions are on at the big centres (queen sirikit and Meuang Thong Thani. all is online

-Buy a cooker and make your own food. Go to markets and search out ingredients and have a farang cookup or curry..maybe ask a thai around to sample the food (but usually its a tough ask getting thais to even try anything farang!)

Anyway thats just the few i can remember right now, but with all the others so far mentioned..internet, tV, Studying thai language, eating, drinking and chasing skirt and i dont see how anyone can be bored here.

On my walking excursions to different areas i recently found and arts and craft shop with not only guitar accessories but very cheap painting supplies, which is something ive always wanted to take up but probably wont have the time

• Like 1

I read, watch movies and documentaries, do photography and graphic design projects, I use the internet, catch up with friends and have dinner.

indeed.

i wake up, poo, brush teeth, bathe, get dressed, make coffee, eat breakfast -- and that's just the morning!!!

Edited by nocturn
  • Like 1

indeed.

i wake up, poo, brush teeth, bathe, get dressed, make coffee, eat breakfast -- and that's just the morning!!!

All that just in the morning. You must have a full day

indeed.

Save that sort of comment for facebook, please

SC

indeed.

Save that sort of comment for facebook, please

SC

Can't...... I loged out of facebook. too many people wanting to look at my photo.

Edited by kevjohn

What Do You Do In Your Spare Time?

what spare time? ermm.gif

Yes Naam....I must say that when it comes to studying finance, it tends to take up a good portion of your day.

Edited by kevjohn

One hour a beer? Sounds terrible mate. 5minutes max before it get's warm.

But in my spare time, mostly gym swimming pool, the park drive around on my scooter, Reading, meet up with friends, cinema, a lot of eating..

Also bkk have nice tours to do where you really can see local life and nature. For example an khlong tour or bycicle tour also worth it. Temples and khao san im abit tired of..

So enough to do in this city.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Edited by Marcel1

Spare Time??? If you've got plenty, then come on 'round to my farm. I can teach you all sorts of new skills that you have probably never even considered:-

: chopping off dead banana leaves

: clearing said dead banana leaves

: clearing banana trees that have already produced fruit

: clearing weeds from around a variety of fruit trees

: fix or repair broken sprinkler heads

The list could go on and on, and I could also teach you to fix "anything" with bamboo, fencing wire and gaffa tape. cheesy.gif

• Like 1