Thaivisa.Com Loading Slower Then It Used To Do

keestha

I live in upcountry Thailand. My internet connection is the best which is available locally, but of course it doesn't have Silicon Valley quality.

Thaivisa.com pages have been loading slower and slower lately, because they are just too full of ads, Facebook gadget, and so on. The pages have become too crowded! Sure I understand TV is a business, and income mainly comes from ads. But maybe somehow a balance should be found: readers with not top of the line internet connections could lose interest, because TV has become too time consuming to navigate. Myself, I don't go into TV World News for instance, because Google News is far quicker to navigate.

What type of internet connection do you have? ADSL, satellite, 3G, Edge, CDMA?

What's the name of your ISP?

Which browser are you using when you are accessing thaivisa?

Please let me know and we can provide you some options.

Tx for the very prompt reply.

I have an ADSL connection through TOT, use IE as a browser, and all my computers are running on Win XP.

Ok, thanks. Could I ask you to download Chrome browser and try to login to thaivisa with that browser:

http://chrome.google.com

Try it for a few hours, or a day, and you should find your access much faster. Please report back how it goes.

Also, set your primary DNS in Windows XP networking to 8.8.8.8 instead of using TOT dns servers.

Cheers!

Hi George,

I installed Chrome as a secondary browser, and sure, it makes the TV pages load a lot quicker.

Trying to change my primary DNS in Win XP networking to 8.8.8.8 unfortunately leads to the following error message: "The first domain of the domain name 8.8.8.8 is a number. The first domain may not be a number."

I used Control Panel - System - Computer name - change - more - primary DNS suffix of this computer.

Thanks,

Kees.

So what I understand after having read between the lines (and not only from this topic) there is always a suggestion to use products from company x. So, If you don't use products from company x, you can't expect this site to function as it's supposed to. unsure.png No offence intended, I'm just ventilating my thoughts. smile.png