Renaissance V. Le Meridien Samui

Hi all,

I've only ever been to Samui once before, staying @ Hansar (Bohput) and don't really have much knowledge of the island. I've narrowed down my shortlist of hotels to these two and I am hoping that somebody who lives on/frequents the island can advise on which is better (obviously subjective, but I'd appreciate any advice). For your information, I am a 23 year old Australian and travelling with two colleagues (Singaporean). We're just after somewhere to relax for 7 nights.. not too worried about proximity to bars/bringing girls back etc. It's just a break from work!

Thanks in advance,

Liam

Have you looked in to the banyan tree ? Or even Niki beach/beach republic ?

Would love to stay at the Banyan Tree; unfortunately it's a bit beyond my means mate!

I'm actually staying a few nights at the Beach Republic after the stay at Le Meridien or Renaissance

My short list at the moment is actually just Renaissance/Le Meridien at the moment. I want to stay on Lamai beach because a couple of my friends are staying there at the same time as me so it'd be good to be close to them. I will check out Niki Beach though, thank you.