Transport Charge From Cm Airport To Tapae Gate

healthcaretaker

While that is true he might have to wait a while for a Songtell at that part of town. Seems to me to be a long walk with baggage to stand and wait for a songtell that may not be going where you want to go or might want forty baht. As a frequent user of songtels I know that there are times when they are already headed for destinations the other way and will not even give you a price they just say no.

I would like to propose we all chip into a fund to buy you a motorcycle, just so that we don't ever have to hear the word Songtel again.

• Like 2

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record I caught the songtheaw from the airport terminal, as I have done previously. About a five minute wait maybe. First driver asked for a hundred, second guy accepted 30 baht straight up. I normally stick to the 20 but was feeling generous (ha!).

I've found transport rates from the airport vary wildly depending upon the time of day, how many bags you have, the weather and how long you're willing to wait.

I've come in at all times in all weather's and I have never had a problem with the 120 Baht to downtown, taxi counter.

While that is true he might have to wait a while for a Songtell at that part of town. Seems to me to be a long walk with baggage to stand and wait for a songtell that may not be going where you want to go or might want forty baht. As a frequent user of songtels I know that there are times when they are already headed for destinations the other way and will not even give you a price they just say no.

I would like to propose we all chip into a fund to buy you a motorcycle, just so that we don't ever have to hear the word Songtel again.

If that is a motion I will second it. All though I will continue to ride on the back of red trucks.giggle.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by hellodolly

Excuse me.

All those fares you mentioned for a songtheaw, is it per pax or for the whole car ?

How about one person from the airport main road to the Arcade bus terminal ? How much is a far price for it ?

Someone mentioned a bus from airport to city, is there one from Chiang Mai airport ?

2 pages of how much from the airport to town?

Just walk, I'm sure that your backpack can't be that heavy.

Unbelievable!

At least everyone contributed something useful; unlike you.

And, amazingly, unlike YOU!.

After two pages of answers to your original question, you ask it again! And without any thanks to all the people who already answered your (odd) question.

More than just a 'healthcare' taker...

As highonthai rightly said, "Unbelievable!"

Excuse me.

All those fares you mentioned for a songtheaw, is it per pax or for the whole car ?

They typically charge per person. Though you can also rent out the whole vehicle, but that will always be for a price agreed in advance. (Renting out the whole vehicle for a trip means no detours to pick up others, and it can be cheaper if there are many people going.)

How about one person from the airport main road to the Arcade bus terminal ? How much is a far price for it ?

That's a fairly long trip, requiring the driving to commit going all the way out there. If it was NOT from the airport but a similar distance (say from Nimmanhaemin Rd) I would expect many drivers not wanting to commit to that long a trip, or charge at the very least 40 baht. Sometimes it's actually cheaper to cut up the trip, and go via a common destination as a hub. (Like, the big market area). Once you go over 40 baht that will be cheaper.

But from the airport it's anyone's guess.. 60 baht or so?

If that is a motion I will second it. All though I will continue to ride on the back of red trucks.giggle.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Yea thats for me too...... I'd pay 40 baht, maybe even 50 baht to ride on the back of a fire truck....... maybe even one where I can sit at the steering wheel at the end of the ladder !!!! rolleyes.gif

hera ya go

tuk tuk and songthew prices from about a year ago from and to airport plaza

and arcade bus station

which might give you some idea of an official price for the distance

dave2

ps .. google chrome seems to have taken over as my browser and it wont let me copy and paste

text any more so if i cant sort this out and have to type all the question im answering

dave2 will be retireing !

post-42592-0-92034900-1337309765_thumb.j

post-42592-0-52733700-1337309811_thumb.j

Thanks Winnie,

I paid 50 baht(his asking price) alone from the main road(turn left and turn right as I step out of the airport) to the bus Arcade. I am not the first passenger. Another passenger inside did the translation for us.

highonthai,

Not everyone makes senseless or useless posts in forum but as long as you enjoy doing it, i guess it's not totally useless.

wjmark,

I don't usually reply to unreasonable people but being very "Thai" today, I reply you. I did not thank the previous posts because I don't find them useful to me and a definite or accurate answer is not there and the 2 pages are mostly members reply amongst themselves. I asked again because the questions are different from my OP. Hope you learn something and improve yourself.

i find the transport in chiangmai to be rather on a high side. i once had a metered taxi in bkk and the fare turns out to be suprisingly cheap. not too sure if one could get a meter fare in chiangmai but i guess it will be cheaper and more worthwhile for shorter distance travel

i find the transport in chiangmai to be rather on a high side. i once had a metered taxi in bkk and the fare turns out to be suprisingly cheap. not too sure if one could get a meter fare in chiangmai but i guess it will be cheaper and more worthwhile for shorter distance travel

Agree with you, especially for short distances, a taxi in BKK cost cheaper than a non a/c bus-like songtheaw in CM, unless the locals pay less than 20baht ?

Agree with you, especially for short distances, a taxi in BKK cost cheaper than a non a/c bus-like songtheaw in CM, unless the locals pay less than 20baht ?

Flag fall on a BKK taxi is 35 baht so how do you figure that?

Sorry, I meant comparatively, taking the condition of the vehicle and comfort level as well.

BTW,

Anyone know what's the fair price that I should pay the tuk-tuk or songtheaw if I cannot find a taxi from the Wawarot area to the airport ?

For you? 300 THB.

This is beyond silly.

wjmark,

I don't usually reply to unreasonable people but being very "Thai" today, I reply you. I did not thank the previous posts because I don't find them useful to me and a definite or accurate answer is not there and the 2 pages are mostly members reply amongst themselves. I asked again because the questions are different from my OP. Hope you learn something and improve yourself.

Well, thank you for taking the time for being very "Thai" today..Yes, I am unreasonable. I apologize - I have learned something. I hope it improves me.

And thank you for asking such a different question. There are a few thousand streets in CM. I am sure we could figure out how much to the airport from each one. You know - how much to the airport from from Wawarot? How much from Chiangmai Gate? How much from the Mcdonalds? Or the other Mcdonalds? Or the restaurant that sells brown soup with noodles. Or the other one that sells brown soup with noodles...

And it's great that you don't thank people who don't exactly and precisely answer your (so very) different questions. I can understand not feeling grateful to people who only TRY to help you. Only thank the ones that succeed.

sigh

Anyone know what's the fair price that I should pay the tuk-tuk or songtheaw if I cannot find a taxi from the Wawarot area to the airport ?

For you? 300 THB.

This is beyond silly.

I am sorry - but this is very disrespectful, and not funny. 300 baht! I cannot thank you for this answer.

Really, should it be 47 baht? Or 53 baht? I heard a rumour that someone actually made it to the airport for 41 baht. If I pay 65 baht, should I post a separate topic about it?

sigh again

I was working on the assumption that the person required transport from the airport itself....in which case Songthaew's are rare.

... However, the city bus stops right in front of the airport front doors fairly often, so that is another cheap option if you only have a small bag.

What city bus???

I have seen several roofed bus stops with chairs along Huay Kaew Road but have NOT seen any "city bus" service any of them.

Chiang Mai does have a public bus system, It started around 2007 and has air conditioned buses. The buses have about 30 seats or so and the routes are always changing based on passenger demand. I see them all the time on the Hang Dong road and going to the Night Safari.

This is an old bus route map.

post-17260-0-03632800-1337563031_thumb.p

Edited by highonthai

wjmark,

Well, thank you for taking the time for being very "Thai" today..Yes, I am unreasonable. I apologize - I have learned something. I hope it improves me.

And thank you for asking such a different question. There are a few thousand streets in CM. I am sure we could figure out how much to the airport from each one. You know - how much to the airport from from Wawarot? How much from Chiangmai Gate? How much from the Mcdonalds? Or the other Mcdonalds? Or the restaurant that sells brown soup with noodles. Or the other one that sells brown soup with noodles...

And it's great that you don't thank people who don't exactly and precisely answer your (so very) different questions. I can understand not feeling grateful to people who only TRY to help you. Only thank the ones that succeed.

sigh

For you? 300 THB.

This is beyond silly.

I am sorry - but this is very disrespectful, and not funny. 300 baht! I cannot thank you for this answer.

Really, should it be 47 baht? Or 53 baht? I heard a rumour that someone actually made it to the airport for 41 baht. If I pay 65 baht, should I post a separate topic about it?

sigh again

Good that you learn something from my messages. Keep it up. On your last para, you need not start a thread but you wish to, no one can stop you. You may put up the car's registration number if you like.