2 Studio Condos For Rent/sale Jomtien Beach

ericg1953

In 2004 I listed, on behalf of the owner, with Fair Properties, a condo for rent. The owner wanted B12000 per month, less agency charges, a fair market price. But when I looked in the window a couple of weeks later it was advertised at B16000. Naturally I asked why my instruction had been ignored, and the reply was to the effect of it gives us something to negotiate with. That may be the case, but no one in their right mind would have ever gone to the trouble of enquiring about a room with such a high price label on it.

So, if you are planning to do business with Fair Properties, be prepared to negotiate.

Rather, it gives them something extra to line their greedy pockets with. Why don't these agencies realise that upping the rent to such a ridiculous level discourages people from even entering their offices. :o

Yes, fair point. But listing rooms at such high prices allows them to make the punters who do pluck up the courage and walk through the door think that they have got the proverbial something for nothing.

Both condos are rented to greta long term tenants. Thank You Thai Visa and to everyone who gave a positive remark.

Eric

• 2 weeks later...

Agencies always overprice. You can find plenty of accomodation at price 20-40% under agency prices by going to Foodland or Carrefours noticeboards. Finding a studio in Pattaya/Jomtien for 5-8000 is not that difficult but of course quality varies. From the description of these condos 8000 seems an ok price. ROI of .5% of real estate is quite common. I've rented a couple of houses here over the years and generally paid around .5-.6% of the sales price.

The OP still hasn't clarified if the condos are in the first buildings or in one of the 3 buildings "behind". I think there is a huge difference in price. Go behind and look up, a few months ago I counted at least 20 "for sale" signs on each block, and the few checked quoted 5-600.000.

I rarely see anything for sale in the front building but I know recently a couple of shops on the ground floor of that building were sold for around a million each. Keep in mind the shops are about double size of the condoes, going all the way through to the back.

Agencies always overprice. You can find plenty of accomodation at price 20-40% under agency prices by going to Foodland or Carrefours noticeboards. Finding a studio in Pattaya/Jomtien for 5-8000 is not that difficult but of course quality varies. From the description of these condos 8000 seems an ok price. ROI of .5% of real estate is quite common. I've rented a couple of houses here over the years and generally paid around .5-.6% of the sales price.

The OP still hasn't clarified if the condos are in the first buildings or in one of the 3 buildings "behind". I think there is a huge difference in price. Go behind and look up, a few months ago I counted at least 20 "for sale" signs on each block, and the few checked quoted 5-600.000.

I rarely see anything for sale in the front building but I know recently a couple of shops on the ground floor of that building were sold for around a million each. Keep in mind the shops are about double size of the condoes, going all the way through to the back.

Those prices don't exist here any more and there are a few places for sale...nothing near 20. If you know of rooms for sale here on high floors in the back buildings for 500-600k for 2 rooms side by side ...please let me know as i will buy them immediately....Nothing here for less than 700k for a desireable location.

I was offered 1.6 million for my 60 square meter condo. But it's not for sale. I rent it long term to a retired guy for 9,000 a month. The guys who make a business of renting condos would get more money but after their tenants find their way around the area they will find something better and cheaper. It is always better IMHO to have a good long term renter and to reward him with cheaper rent.

Guy, It's very interesting to listen to all the broad comments on my condos. 1st of all, I am very happy with the return at 8,000 a month and although none of us has a crystal ball to forecast where property prices will go, I am very happy getting a good long term tenant and riding out this market for a number of years to see where it goes. If the market tanks, I still don't see the rents dropping substantially in the future which is fine with me. I could have easily tried to get 10,000 a month but I ddidn't want to compete w/agents and if I was able to attract many potential tenants ,I would be able to pick and choose who I felt would be a good choice for the long term.Although Jomtien Beach Condo has always been extremely well maintained and has a great beach location as well as 2 huge beautiful pools...1 yr. ago there was not baht bus service available to the door 24/7 like there is now and did not have ADSL like the do now and those are big factors to many people. There are some vey nice retirees here living on fixed pensions and the 8,000 is very affordable to them. Most of these guys have thai wives/girlfriends and don't run around to the bar scene and that was what I was wanting to attract and my plan has worked very well.

Eric

To address another poster....your numbers are way off....There are no condos like mine for rent here at my price. The days of the 5000-6000bht prices are long gone. I have many friends here and yes some pay 6500-7500 but there condos are all 10 yr old, very original, with no kithens inside..basically a box w/tv and microwave. I have fitted out my condos with nothing spared, even expensive furniture from Index. I have put in American style big stall showers, new aircon,custom made teakwood kitchen w/glass cupboards w/recessed lighting in the cupboards and recessed halogen lites in the room. Ceiling fan,phone line, new screen doors, new custom made blinds,new tv,fridge microwave. So , if you want a nice home this is it, if you want the cheapest box in town ,it's not for you

Eric

sounds like you have over capitalised on your investment

the rental needs to be divided by

the total cost price

to see your ROI or return on investment

for example i bought a place in BKK for 4.3 mill

i get 35K in rent

less maintenance fees etc

the ROI is nearly 9%

you need to calculate all this to see your return otherwise you would be better off putting the money in the bank and renting yourself

just my thoughts

• 2 years later...

Hello,

Do you still rent a flat in Jomtien Beach Condominium ?

Best regards

Ponpon

I have just finished a complete renovation on 2 studios ,side by side in jomtien beach. These units have never been lived in and evrything is done to very high standards. Full teakwood custom made kitchen,recessed halogen lighting,american style bathroom w/big shower and everything else you would need to be comfortable.They are right on jomtien beach on the 14th floor. There are 2 huge swimming pools, a 3 minute walk to the beach and many restaurants,laundry,maid service, fitness center etc... These buildings are maintained spotlessly and the maintenance staff here is second to none. The condos are in Jomtien Beach Condominium and there is baht bus service 24 hrs and security is everywhere and very good.There are stores here,barber,massage,pubs and all the amenities needed. The units have balconies, are in a foreign name and will rent for a long term at 8,000 bht a month or sale at 1.25 million. These condos are far better than view talay in my opinion as the swimming pools and grounds are much nicer, the beach location is better and the prices here are much less and you get a much better value for your money.Feel free to call me

Eric

06-111-4136

• 2 months later...
<br />
I have just finished a complete renovation on 2 studios ,side by side in jomtien beach. These units have never been lived in and evrything is done to very high standards. Full teakwood custom made kitchen,recessed halogen lighting,american style bathroom w/big shower and everything else you would need to be comfortable.They are right on jomtien beach on the 14th floor. There are 2 huge swimming pools, a 3 minute walk to the beach and many restaurants,laundry,maid service, fitness center etc... These buildings are maintained spotlessly and the maintenance staff here is second to none. The condos are in Jomtien Beach Condominium and there is baht bus service 24 hrs and security is everywhere and very good.There are stores here,barber,massage,pubs and all the amenities needed. The units have balconies, are in a foreign name and will rent for a long term at 8,000 bht a month or sale at 1.25 million. These condos are far better than view talay in my opinion as the swimming pools and grounds are much nicer, the beach location is better and the prices here are much less and you get a much better value for your money.Feel free to call me <br /><br />Eric<br />06-111-4136<br /><div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<br /><br />Eric what sq./m are the units? The rental price seems quite low comparative to the asking price. Is this a typical ROI in Jomtien Beach Condominium?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I'm happy to see that the Pattaya Forum can now be used as a real-estate classified. I will be making use of this space to market my condominiums as well. It's great to have such a free outlet. Normally, one has to pay money for this type of exposure.

• 2 years later...

The rent is fair in comparison with other studio apartments in Jomtien Beach Condos, another advertiser here on Thaivisa rents at 8500 and is an agent, A1 has a studio available at 7000 baht.

So his price is spot on, what a waste of time all these know it all posters have spent trying to be experts.

I'm on the ground here and renting in A1 short term at 8500.

The rent is fair in comparison with other studio apartments in Jomtien Beach Condos, another advertiser here on Thaivisa rents at 8500 and is an agent, A1 has a studio available at 7000 baht.

So his price is spot on, what a waste of time all these know it all posters have spent trying to be experts.

I'm on the ground here and renting in A1 short term at 8500.

5 Years ago ??