Buddy Adsl And Apple Computer

marlow

I switched over from True ADSL to Buddy ADSL and can not get the service to work on my iMac. Does anyone out there have Buddy ADSL actually working on a Mac? I have a router that I was able to use with True so I don't understand why it is not working with Buddy after changing the settings and password etc.

I called Buddy customer service and spent 45 minutes getting the run around and decided to give up.

Any help would be much appreciated.

The steps for setting up buddy are a bit roundabout, and they don't have it written down anywhere. You either have to call them or go seek the oracle.

First step is to login (your router) with a special user name and password (I think it was "register" and something). Second step is to go to any website... you'll be redirected to buddybb.com, and there you use the account number on the little card in your box to setup a new user name and password. After that, you use that username (and add "@buddybb.com" to the end) and password to login (set it at your router). Settings for the router are PPPoE, routing, LLC multiplex, VPI/VCI 0/35, VBR QoS, no service name.

I was lucky in that my friend had already used the service... otherwise I also would have been stumped. The guy at the AIS store who sold me the package didn't say anything about this, only that the information would be in the box (which it wasn't).

So far, buddybb has been so-so. The web speed has been good, but the speeds for other services (p2p, nntp, etc) has left a lot to be desired. The annoying thing is that every time you reconnect, your browser is forced to go to buddybb.com, to see a status page. Also, my line disconnects sporadically, and somehow logins to the "register" account, which is unusable, leaving me to manually disconnect/reconnect.

Oh, well, at least it's cheap.