Aromatic Plants And Flowers

I have had a search and cannot seem to find anything relevant....

Can any one please advise me -

I am hoping to start work on my own garden soon. One of the things that I would like in the garden is some aromatic plants and flowers. Could any one give me some advice on the best and must durable to buy? I once lived in Cyprus and one of my delights in the evning was to into the garden to smell the 'night flowers'.

Thanks in advance.

Gladiator

Where in Thailand gladiator?

There are some fantastic fragrant plants and small trees; the red flowered frangipani smells great, as do quite a few of the night flowering plants. Then there is jasmine, and the vining plant Rangoon creeper which smells nice.

There is a plant / bush called "ratree" which grows quite fast and has a wonderful smell.

If you are not in a hurry you might think about a tree called "lamduan" - absolutely wonderful smell but it takes up to 10 years to start flowering!

Patrick

Edited by p_brownstone

There is a plant / bush called "ratree" which grows quite fast and has a wonderful smell.

If you are not in a hurry you might think about a tree called "lamduan" - absolutely wonderful smell but it takes up to 10 years to start flowering!

Patrick

Thanks Patrick!

I am not so sure that time is my friend... but it will be a nice legacy for my wife and children. I'll see if I can find one.

Gladiator