Canon Printer

remmy

I bought this Canon Pixma MP 150, the new all in one printer. It use only Canon Ink CL-41 (colour) and PG-40(black). I read about print head problems on other post so I am wondering whether this printer has its print heads fixed on the printer or with the ink cartridge? I attached the picture of the bottom of the ink cartridge.

post-14561-1136026691_thumb.jpg

You are correct in that you will be installing a new print head every time you replace the cartridge.

If you use the printer frequently, clogged print heads should not be a problem. If it does happen, it is likely that your printer driver software has a head cleaning facility.

As far as refilling is concerned, I am not familiar with your exact printer, so can not say with 100% certainty that it can be refilled, but would imagine that it can be, and / or aftermarket off-brand cartidges (Sepom, etc) can be purchased.

Check in the computer stores for a DIY refill kit, or many computer plazas (Pantip, Fortune etc.) have businesses dedicated to refilling the cartidges for you / selling the aftermarket cartidges.

A word about refilling... I have personally always used new original manufacturers brand cartridges in printers until the warranty expires, since using aftermarket cartidges / refills may void the warranty. As the Thai people say... Up 2 u.

HTH.

Edited by bino