Whats The Best Way To Send Money To Thai Gf

honoluabay

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP, i assume you are overseas.. think thats a pretty rock solid assumption...

If she has a bank account you can direct transfer from your account depending on which country you live in or you can open up a Western Union account and send via the internet .. i wouldn't mail money in any form.. too much mail just never makes it and you have no record of delivery unless you courier it which costs a bomb.

It also depends on how much. Money Gram and Western Union can get expensive. If you sign up online you can do transfers for $25 that can be picked up in 3 business days. I believe western union online only accepts US credit cards now.

What happens in the post office is that they X-Ray incoming post.

The Thai Baht notes and some money of other denominations have a metal strip which runs down the outside of the Banknote and there are easily spotted by our friends at the Post Office.

Like most things here on Thai Visa Forum, the problem before you has been faced, discussed ad infinitum and overcome by many before you.

Here is the link in the Business Forum with over 75,000 views on this one topic that you write about, that may help you.

onshoreoffshore-exchange-rates-and-money-transfers

http://www.thaivisa....oney-transfers/

EDIT:- My crap spelling as usual

Edited by David48

Just some friendly advice (that you didn't ask for) ...

If you are contemplating sending a monthly 'salary' to a Thai Lady, typically they send between 4,000 and 10,000 Baht home to their family (stereotypically in Issan) depending on their disposable income.

Requests for amounts higher then that make you a rich Banker ... if you get my drift.

Think of money in their terms … the minimum wage (but does often appear to be the average wage for Factory workers etc) in Bangkok is 300 Baht … about $10 a day, and in the provinces it is 180 Baht, so while it may not be much money to you … it maybe a weeks wages to them

OH, you might be surprised to discover that you may not be the only one assisting in the welfare of your friend. kawapower's comment above is often the case.

There is much written here on the various Forums if you have the inclination to search.

OH … if you find my comment above in any offensive, then please have this post reported to the Moderators and they will most likely remove it from your thread as being 'off topic' ... just trying to be helpful.

It's unclear if the op's gf is Thai, I have a friend who is a girl, she has 4 bf's from different country's, it goes on here all of the time, it is up to us to say no!!! these girls do what they have to do in order to support there family's!!

Just some friendly advice (that you didn't ask for) ...

If you are contemplating sending a monthly 'salary' to a Thai Lady, typically they send between 4,000 and 10,000 Baht home to their family (stereotypically in Issan) depending on their disposable income.

Requests for amounts higher then that make you a rich Banker ... if you get my drift.

Think of money in their terms … the minimum wage (but does often appear to be the average wage for Factory workers etc) in Bangkok is 300 Baht … about $10 a day, and in the provinces it is 180 Baht, so while it may not be much money to you … it maybe a weeks wages to them

OH, you might be surprised to discover that you may not be the only one assisting in the welfare of your friend. kawapower's comment above is often the case.

There is much written here on the various Forums if you have the inclination to search.

OH … if you find my comment above in any offensive, then please have this post reported to the Moderators and they will most likely remove it from your thread as being 'off topic' ... just trying to be helpful.

It's unclear if the op's gf is Thai, I have a friend who is a girl, she has 4 bf's from different country's, it goes on here all of the time, it is up to us to say no!!! these girls do what they have to do in order to support there family's!!

Says Thai in the title and more than a few seem to need a lot of money to support their families in a lifestyle they are not accustomed to!

This ends justifies the means tripe should not be a free pass to lie, cheat and steal through emotional blackmail and other means foul.

Love of money is the "root" that keeps on charging :-P

Sent from Android, please forgive errors in type or judgement.

Don't send any let all the other bf's do it instead!!

Funny coming from the guy who changed his user name because people were calling out your ready made family relationship.

If you don't like it done to you, why come back under a new guise and play the same game that forced you out?

Funny coming from the guy who changed his user name because people were calling out your ready made family relationship.

If you don't like it done to you, why come back under a new guise and play the same game that forced you out?

What the <deleted>!! wow mate you have a serious problem!! just for your information as you seem to have a problem, my user name was changed because of a bad issue with hacking my account. god some people are just down right nasty!!!

• Like 1

What the <deleted>!! wow mate you have a serious problem!! just for your information as you seem to have a problem, my user name was changed because of a bad issue with hacking my account. god some people are just down right nasty!!!

Your comment about let the other boyfriends send money instead wasn't nasty?

You didn't like it when others attacked your relationship with a girl who brought kids from another relationship. What makes you think its OK to do it when I clearly remember the offense taken by you when members saying similar things towards your gf.

Ease up Kenny, you don't play nasty very well.

You didn't like it when others attacked your relationship with a girl who brought kids from another relationship. What makes you think its OK to do it when I clearly remember the offense taken by you when members saying similar things towards your gf.

I never take offence ever!! my comment was not meant to be nasty!! this is a forum, if you take anything to heart here it's best those people stay away!! anything posted about me is never taken seriously, anything posted byt me should not be taken seriously.!!!

If you send some in the mail, most likely the Postman will intercept and you will be diversifying the Thai Economy by distributing your wealth to different families.

isn't that exactly what will happen if the girlfriend gets it? i'm sure she has a sick papa/mama/buffalo back in Essan (not that i'm stereotyping)

my comment was not meant to be nasty!!

How can inferring that the OP's girlfriend has other lovers not be nasty?

Maybe the op will respond to his thread and let us know if anything on here has upset him!! my comment is a true fact which happens to many people, maybe he is unaware of this and my comment will help to evaluate his position, then again he might have a decent, honest Thai girl and therefore he will not take offense at anything said!!

Oh if you read my comment carefully it is not directed directly at the op. if it was directed at him I would have mentioned his name!!! it's just a comment and not one to be taken seriously!!

Edited by kawapower

The reason I do not play nasty very well is because I am never nasty, but I will defend myself against nasty people!!! and defend others against nasty people!! smile.png

Best way: open a bank account back home, wherever that may be, and send her the ATM card and PIN code. Make sure the card is limited to the credit amount on the card, and fill up as required.

This is a good idea!!

Maybe the op will respond to his thread and let us know if anything on here has upset him!! my comment is a true fact which happens to many people, maybe he is unaware of this and my comment will help to evaluate his position, then again he might have a decent, honest Thai girl and therefore he will not take offense at anything said!!

Oh if you read my comment carefully it is not directed directly at the op. if it was directed at him I would have mentioned his name!!! it's just a comment and not one to be taken seriously!!

That kind of justifies saying anything nasty to anyone. "If it's not true, then don't take offence".

Life doesn't work that way.

A true fact? There are kiddy-fiddlers in Phuket, another true fact.

Maybe you are one of them? If not, don't take offence.

See? That's offensive, isn't it?

Edited by KarenBravo

To the OP, there is nothing wrong in sending to your gf money from your home country, many of us do and have done, the best advice you can be given is not to let your heart rule your head!!! no one knows you or your gf but comments may or may not offend you, take all on board and try to do what you think is right. the post about opening a bank account with a limited amount of money in it is a good one.

That kind of justifies saying anything nasty to anyone. "If it's not true, then don't take offence".

Life doesn't work that way.

A true fact? There are kiddy-fiddlers in Phuket, another true fact.

Maybe you are one of them? If not, don't take offence.

See? That's offensive, isn't it?

No it's not offensive!! I don't know you personally so anything you say is just opinion!! although I do find it very strange you would use kiddy fiddlers as an example, no offense intended!!

although I do find it very strange you would use kiddy fiddlers as an example,

Maybe because it's a very offensive thing to say? Even in jest?

If you can't understand why your original post was offensive, then, there really isn't any hope for you.

• Like 1

although I do find it very strange you would use kiddy fiddlers as an example,

Maybe because it's a very offensive thing to say? Even in jest?

If you can't understand why your original post was offensive, then, there really isn't any hope for you.

Are you saying it is not a fact?

sending money is very impersonal. If you want her to know your truly care send her a photo scrap book of your times together with romantic captions. Spray some of your cologne on each of the pages so she can remember your scent. Watch your love blossom.

Could this post be considered nasty!! I am thinking the op is just a troll.

you directly answered the OP so I can't see where you're doing anything other than back pedaling now... That said I can understand the comment being humourous to the TV peanut gallery, I've seen nastier said w/out any attempt at jest and I feel high horses are being mounted up over a troll!