Chantaburi

bankei

Hi

I may be spending some time in Chantaburi in the coming months. I have never been there and wonder what it is like. Is anyone living or working in the area - any advise.

Bankei.

I use to go to Chantaburi to shop sometimes. I lived along the border of Chantaburi province in Sa Kaeo province for about 19 months

There is a section of town dedicated to the gem trade. You might find that interesting.

Chantaburi has a Tesco Lotus shopping center to take care of most of your basic needs. There are a few other large stores if you don't like Tesco.

There are pleanty of places to eat as well as a large farmers market.

There are lots temples as well if you like visiting them.

There is a side of town with Karaoke bars with a few massage places as well.

It's also a good place to catch the bus to other places. Ko Chang is southeast of Chantaburi and Pattaya is northwest. It's not difficult to get to either by bus.

Chantaburi province has a crocodile park north of the city and about an hour and a half north is a white water rafting area not far from the Cambodian border.

It is also possible to do a visa run in Chantaburi province. I use to see Jack Golf's bus ride by the place where I lived all the time heading south on highway 317.

Thanks Richard for the detailed reply. And thanks Katana. I came across that report too when looking on google. Interesting fair, hope it is on when I'm there! ps Who is that sloan guy? seems like an interesting guy - it seems has fathered children in every country.

Bankei