Kenny Dalglish Sacked.

salty

The end for King Kenny. He met the owners in Boston earlier this week and it is fair to say they were underwhelmed by the Liverpool results . Speculation which has been growing since the weekend when Roberto Martinez was mentioned in a few places as a replacement. The runners and riders should be named shortly by the bookies.

No more of those riveting interviews.rolleyes.gif

"King Rafa" ??? He's worse than the guy you just sacked. Face facts, Dalglish has spent (and wasted), all of the money available, what Liverpool need is a manager who can build a team on a budget, which definitely ain't Benitez. How many players did he buy during his last spell as boss ? Something like 99, if my memory is correct, and he took the team backwards. Liverpool, and their fans need to adjust to reality, without a huge amount of money invested in the team, or by backing a competent manager, and giving him 5 years to turn things around, then Liverpool are going to continue to slide down the table.

"King Rafa" ??? He's worse than the guy you just sacked. Face facts, Dalglish has spent (and wasted), all of the money available, what Liverpool need is a manager who can build a team on a budget, which definitely ain't Benitez. How many players did he buy during his last spell as boss ? Something like 99, if my memory is correct, and he took the team backwards. Liverpool, and their fans need to adjust to reality, without a huge amount of money invested in the team, or by backing a competent manager, and giving him 5 years to turn things around, then Liverpool are going to continue to slide down the table.

Your joking, right?

Sent from my Nexus S using Thaivisa Connect App

Your joking, right?

Why is he joking? all makes sense to me and agree with all Mr Mudle has said.

Your joking, right?

Why is he joking? all makes sense to me and agree with all Mr Mudle has said.

Well lets be fair, its a bit harsh.

Putting aside that i agree it would not be right for a Rafa return, Liverpool did win a european cup with him and a 2nd place finish with a very high points haul.

It started going badly wrong under the Hand G ownership when they turned the cash taps off and Rafa is a manager that needs to spend. It went very downhill in the last season but there were also mitigating circumstances.

That's kind of my point (speaking as an Everton fan).

Objectively - they should go for someone like Martinez.

I'm all for managers being given time, so for that reason, i think they should have stuck with Kenny, but i don't think the majority of Liverpool fans can credibly make that argument considering the way they treated Woy.

The only thing that has surprised me, bearing in mind the adoration Kenny enjoys at the club, is that they didn't try and dress this all up as one of those "leaving by mutual consent" affairs. Brave to actually come straight out and say that you are sacking a man with that history.Well... brave or stupid.

I'm all for managers being given time, so for that reason, i think they should have stuck with Kenny, but i don't think the majority of Liverpool fans can credibly make that argument considering the way they treated Woy.

The only thing that has surprised me, bearing in mind the adoration Kenny enjoys at the club, is that they didn't try and dress this all up as one of those "leaving by mutual consent" affairs. Brave to actually come straight out and say that you are sacking a man with that history.Well... brave or stupid.

I think they are brave. Liverpool fans have to 'man up' and accept that fact, leaving sentiment behind - especially if the board actually manage to appoint a decent replacement.

I think they are brave. Liverpool fans have to 'man up' and accept that fact, leaving sentiment behind - especially if the board actually manage to appoint a decent replacement.

Martinez was not what I had in mind by "decent replacement". He is actually a decent domestic choice, albeit no track record of success. I thought they may have targeted an international name who had actually achieved success at the highest level.

Nevertheless, if it comes off, I wish Martinez well - he seems a nice bloke.

I think it was so glaringly obvious that he wanted to stay on next season the "mutual consent" idea would have been a farce.

What interests me and is a question we'll never have answered is whether they would have kept him on if they won the FA cup?

I have already said they should have given him longer and i bet they would if he'd won it and that in my mind proves they are wrong to sack him because as a work in progress one game doesn't make a season. There were performances to suggest he would turn it round and with Lucas back for example, replacing the hopeless Spearing and Carroll firing the prospects were looking brighter.

The owners for me look like successful businessmen with no idea about football.