HIV May Afflict Almost Half Asia-Pacific Transgenders: UN

webfact

Promiscuous anal sex is more risky than vaginal sex, oral sex is far less risky and I understand that most ladyboy prostitutes and their customers prefer this method (http://www.avert.org/oral-sex.htm).

To me the real question is why are there so many ladyboys in Thailand compared to other countries?

I can think of quite a few reasons, social, economic and environmental, these reasons seem to apply to other countries with a high proportion of ladyboys such as the Philippines and Brazil. However to discuss this would be off topic.

Lady boys are already accepted in primary school. This is going back to Thai culture and their beliefs. If a family has got three kids and one turns out to be a "third gender" it's mostly accepted.

The questionable reason for is that they believe the lady boy had been a woman in his former life who had sex with many men.

I know it sounds very weird for people who're not from Thailand.......wai.gif

Weirder even: for some Thailand in the past, standard birth certificate forms have been used in Thailand where the sex of the new born could be ticked as

[ ] Female [ ] Male [ ] Other

Don't believe me? When I first saw one, I couldn't believe my eyes either, but I have now seen several and am used to the nonsense.

Sam Winter is famous around the ladyboy bars in nana plaza. Not for his "research" but for falling in love with ladyboy prostitutes and paying for their operations. I have yet to see an unbiased article from him. Its a shame that a family man and "researcher" abuses his power and position over the girls. IMO its just another try from Sam to get in the limelight. If really 50% are infected, then ask Sam why he continues to have sex with them. It doesnt make sense.

This post by WebBKK123 ought to get the attention of moderators. A forum participant, protected by anonymity, makes very pointed accusations against an academic with a well-established and published track record in the field of transgender issues - http://web.hku.hk/~sjwinter/general/

I have no idea if the accusations above have the slightest merit, but whether or not they do, surely this is not the place to allow them exposure.

pj

I doubt its a secret. Sam seems to be pretty open about what he does.

Edited by WebBKK123

Sirchai, I was told a different explanation, A ladyboy is the reincarnation of two former lovers that refuse to be separated, so are reborn as two souls in one body. Presumably in a male body this creates a ladyboy and in a female body a Tom.

Why is this thread gaining any traction at all? It is obvious the author of the article cited in the OP is a hack and has done little to no research in deriving his conclusion.

The fact that it's in the News section is even more perplexing. Is this news? I think not. More like a hackneyed attempt to gain attention by the author.

• Like 1

Perhaps some researchers will take exception to his study and do another one which may have more credibility in academic circles.

I am not a big fan of ladyboys. I would not be surprised if the HIV infection rate was very high. As a group they are a socially marginalized group and there is a great deal of discrimination against them.

Transgendered men do not become women. They are men with their genitalia removed. Sex is determined by one's chromosomes which I imagine are not altered during surgery.

Perhaps. But medically and legally they are sterile or infertile females.

Their endocrinology is hypogonadal and therefore require female sex hormones for their lifetime to remain healthy.

Sam Winter is famous around the ladyboy bars in nana plaza. Not for his "research" but for falling in love with ladyboy prostitutes and paying for their operations. I have yet to see an unbiased article from him. Its a shame that a family man and "researcher" abuses his power and position over the girls. IMO its just another try from Sam to get in the limelight. If really 50% are infected, then ask Sam why he continues to have sex with them. It doesnt make sense.

This post by WebBKK123 ought to get the attention of moderators. A forum participant, protected by anonymity, makes very pointed accusations against an academic with a well-established and published track record in the field of transgender issues - http://web.hku.hk/~sjwinter/general/

I have no idea if the accusations above have the slightest merit, but whether or not they do, surely this is not the place to allow them exposure.

pj

I agree who is this fool WebBKK123 that is can attack Sam

Transgendered men do not become women. They are men with their genitalia removed. Sex is determined by one's chromosomes which I imagine are not altered during surgery.

Perhaps. But medically and legally they are sterile or infertile females.

Their endocrinology is hypogonadal and therefore require female sex hormones for their lifetime to remain healthy.

It is correct. Post op ladies have a legal certificate printed & signed by the surgeon detailing the exact GRS surgical procedure [in fine detail] , date of surgery, the assertion that her primary hormone is estrogen and ends with the phrase "she is now to be considered an infertile female for all legal and medical purposes". This last part is legally binding & has to be observed by National Insurance, Driving agency, Passport Agency, Banks, employers etc.

Edited by Yunla

I'm not sure but i thought they are the way they are because of chromosomes being rearranged.A woman born into a male body.

sounds like rounding them up and putting them in a compound on one of the thai islands would be a good idea. they do this with HIV+ people in cuba and it works. would clean up the streets in pattaya as well.

What a wonderful, Hitler-esque person you are. It is bigots like you that create a society where transgender women have no other options than to go into prostitution to make a living. It is also why they have an astronomical suicide rate. Just what is it about trans people that scares you so much...clearly you have some unresolved issues. You would be better to take it up with a therapist, rather than trying to take it out on society. Live and let live, and we will ALL be much happier.

Edited by RaoulDuke

I think we can stop with the baiting statements and the inflammatory replies. What works in Cuba, in addition to violating a number of human rights, may not work in countries with a much more fluid and mobile population.

Criminalize having sex when you're infected as attempted murder would be a step in the right direction.

I know a rich thai guy with HIV driving a red sport car that deliberately go and barfine gogo dancers

in Pattaya. I know it because his maid asked about the medicine he was taking