Chalerm Promises Protection For Actress Harassed By Red-Shirts

webfact

Deputy PM Promises Protection for Actress Harassed by Red-shirts

BANGKOK: -- Deputy Prime Minister Police Captain Chalerm Yubamrung has promised to provide protection for the actress harassed by red-shirt members in Pattaya if she is worried about her safety.

Following the incident in which actress Bongkoch Kongmalai was harassed by red-shirt people in Pattaya, Deputy Prime Minister Police Captain Chalerm Yubamrung said he has given her his personal mobile number so that she can ask for police protection directly whenever she feels unsafe.

He believes that the actress's remarks about the lese-majeste convict, who died of liver cancer while in prison, will not deepen the ongoing political conflict.

Regarding the fire at an alleged red-shirt village in Songkhla's Jana District, Chalerm said he is not aware if there is such a village in the area, while denying reports that Secretary-General of the Southern Border Province Administrative Center, Ektawee Sodsong, attended an opening ceremony of a red-shirt village.

Meanwhile, Deputy Prime Minister Yongyuth Wichaidit said red-shirt villages could be established as long as the aim is to promote democracy, but insisted that the government is not involved in red-shirt villages nor has it ever provided funding for them.

Democrat Party Spokesman Chawanon Intarakomalsut, meanwhile, denied claims of his party's involvement in the arson attack on a pavilion at a red-shirt village in Songkhla province.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2012-05-17

footer_n.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chalerm said he is not aware if there is such a village in the area, while denying reports that Secretary-General of the Southern Border Province Administrative Center, Ektawee Sodsong, attended an opening ceremony of a red-shirt village.

I hope this was translated wrong. Wow.

Deputy Prime Minister Police Captain Chalerm Yubamrung said he has given her his personal mobile number so that she can ask for police protection directly whenever she feels unsafe.

lol - if she were ugly, he certainly wouldn't

• Like 1

Visualise the following if you can, during the recent heat wave it was around 39c upstairs in my house and 35c downstairs the AC was broken, sleeping even with the aid of a ceiling fan was nearly impossible. Now imagine if you are an old man with throat cancer in a room with 40 other people packed like a Sardine, in stifling heat, hellish conditions-- then you die because of a lack of good medical care. How can anyone who calls themselves a human being not sympathise with that man and his family. The actress has the right to free speech but I think she needs to be a be more sensitive and try and imagine if she were the old man. We will all have to die I hope none of use have to die like that.

It's no use, you know how it is with a lot of hot ch|#%ks these days. They spite before thinking beyond reason.

He believes that the actress's remarks about the lese-majeste convict, who died of liver cancer while in prison, will not deepen the ongoing political conflict.

Since the actress spoke as private person and not as representative or even member of a political party or pressure group, I wonder why her remarks should even be considered as effecting 'onging political conflict'. To even say what Dept. PM Pol. Captain Chalerm said, he stresses there is an ongoing political conflict.

What about a certain Dept. Min. for Agriculture speaking at "Red Village training sessions" down South. That's purely reconciliatory?

Edited by rubl

Does anyone have a link to what she said, sorry I have missed it.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/life/Tak-takes-some-of-it-back-30181782.html

Actress Bongkot "Tak" Kongmalai, always one to speak her mind, found herself taking back her words after she generated criticism for her Facebook status updates on the death of lese majeste detainee Ampon "Akong" Tangnoppakul, aka Uncle SMS.

"Akong's death is karma," was one of the things she said that generated no "likes" but instead a number of "foul words" from angry people.

Friends were quick to warn Tak not to engage in political wars.

"I have thought twice so I have changed my mind," she said after removing the offending posts.

But she also sympathised with Akong's family. "I love my family and my dad too."

In the past, Tak has been attacked for posing sexily and showing her ample cleavage. But she can't change her looks. And she'll keep up with her outspoken ways in hopes people will notice her mind as well.

"I'm not stupid," the starlet says.

Tan's tea party

Ichitan Group president and CEO Tan Passakornnatee enjoys being in the limelight and whatever he does, it makes headlines.

We've seen the bottled-tea titan work as a volunteer during last year's floods. He was also a victim whose new factory was submerged. He's even taken to the stage to perform a talk show and clowned around with his pal, comedian Udom "Nose" Taepanich.

And now we've seen him deny rumours that he was going to run for governor of Bangkok.

On Wednesday, he posted on his Facebook page, which is "liked" by 1.4 million fans, swearing he'll never enter politics.

"If anyone sees me registering my candidacy, please, hit me on the head with a bottle of Ichitan green tea," he wrote. "I am a capable businessman but that doesn't make me someone who can administrate the country. It's not something you play around with."

So he silenced the rumours, but how'd they get started in the first place?

Perhaps Tan was just looking for a way to get in the news. If so, mission accomplished.

double-click-dictionary.gif

I won't say anything too controversial about her, because, she really is a waste of words.

• Like 1

This woman is absolutely vile. Makes you wonder how many other local rich and famous people are just as ignorant and brainwashed. Kinda people who will say anything just because they think it's a popular opinion without looking at the big picture.

And as for anyone who might say she has freedom of speech, she quite clearly doesn't. Irony at its best.

Ever notice that when entertainers decide to involve themselves in contentious political subjects they are surprised when they do not receive special treatment? If one wants to play in the political sandbox, then be prepared when some of the other kids react.

This woman is absolutely vile. Makes you wonder how many other local rich and famous people are just as ignorant and brainwashed. Kinda people who will say anything just because they think it's a popular opinion without looking at the big picture.

And as for anyone who might say she has freedom of speech, she quite clearly doesn't. Irony at its best.

Just what did she say to rate that kind of condemnation?

Did you read the article at all? I can understand how her words can be taken as harsh by some and as fact by others. But absolutely vile makes me think that you have some other agenda against her.