Business Leaders Tell Mayor Foreign Tourists Have Lost Confidence In Pattaya

Rimmer

I understand that the Russian tour groups get unique permission to fly into Utapao by chartered planes and that may be a saving and a convenience not open to others.

This is probably the real reason. Cheap flights and cheap package stays. And the independent Russian travellers (of which there are also quite a lot) are probably also attracted here by the large numbers of other Russians. So it's a self-propelled phenomenon.

I cant imagine anyone choosing Pattaya/Jomtien solely for its beach as there are much better beaches in other parts of Thailand. And if it's the Pattaya shopping that attracts them then the shops in Russia must really be as bad as they are made out to be in the media.

I understand that the Russian tour groups get unique permission to fly into Utapao by chartered planes and that may be a saving and a convenience not open to others.

This is probably the real reason. Cheap flights and cheap package stays. And the independent Russian travellers (of which there are also quite a lot) are probably also attracted here by the large numbers of other Russians. So it's a self-propelled phenomenon.

I cant imagine anyone choosing Pattaya/Jomtien solely for its beach as there are much better beaches in other parts of Thailand. And if it's the Pattaya shopping that attracts them then the shops in Russia must really be as bad as they are made out to be in the media.

I often wonder how many other aspects of Thai life the Russians are introduced to?

I mean for example whether they know anything whatsoever about Buddhism by the time they leave

-it would be pretty sad if all the they do is come here so they can shop and go to the beachsad.png

maybe take them for a cultural tour of Issan w00t.gif

Edited by Asiantravel

I often wonder how many other aspects of Thai life the Russians are introduced to?

I mean for example whether they know anything whatsoever about Buddhism by the time they leave

-it would be pretty sad if all the they do is come here so they can shop and go to the beachsad.png

I think the same applies to most tourists no matter where they go and where theyre from.

Seeing a bit of genuine poverty is part of Thai culture youll see that no matter where you go.

I cant imagine anyone choosing Pattaya/Jomtien solely for its beach as there are much better beaches in other parts of Thailand.

What you say is true but many people who visit BKK just want a quickie getaway from the noise, jams, pollution of BKK and Pattaya is the closest well-known resort (Hua Hin is catching up though). Many come for that reason, whether they come back is doubtful after they set foot in the water! Really a half decent beach is all that most people expect, not one strewn with rubbish nor an entirely pristine one.

Errmm, please keep them in Pattaya, thanks.

“Pattaya still lacks a main selling point,”

The whole world (maybe except N.Korea and some tribes in the Amazonas) already knows about the "selling point".

Ya you just sit there up North all smug because you get smoked for free.

I don't understand all the couples visiting here though. Many Russian couples are renting here long term or buying up condos.

I also would love to know why the Russian couples/families come here. It makes no sense at all to me.

Have you ever seen a Russian use a credit card?

I don't understand all the couples visiting here though. Many Russian couples are renting here long term or buying up condos.

I also would love to know why the Russian couples/families come here. It makes no sense at all to me.

i was going to say that aswell.

also the arab familys come here in their thousands every year. the disapointed look on their faces is so funny.

it amazes me that people dont research where they are taking their holidays. u just know they wanted the maldives,but got ripped off and sent to pattaya..lol

i was going to say that aswell.

also the arab familys come here in their thousands every year. the disapointed look on their faces is so funny.

it amazes me that people dont research where they are taking their holidays. u just know they wanted the maldives,but got ripped off and sent to pattaya..lol

My guess is that these tourists came because of some advertising blitz. Once the advertising stops, you'll never see them again.

Let's face it. The only repeat customers Pattaya is ever going to get are the sex tourists.