Anyone Know This Popular Restaurant'S Biz Hrs ? Urgent

healthcaretaker

This is a very popular restaurant near the 3 Kings Monument & Art & Cultural Museum. They serve a lot of crispy pork and mixed pork ingredients soup, served with rice or a type of noodle(looks like kuoy thew in peices). Most people order crispy pork served on their rice or a seperate bowl of soup with crispy pork and other pork ingredients. The restaurant is in a single storey shop but inside it's narrow and long with many tables all the way in, very crowded during lunch hour.

They have easily 10 to 20 young staffs in uniform.

Exact location - if you are facing the Art & Cultural Museum's front entrance(where the 3 Kings status is placed), walk to the right, turn left along the first road, go straight(now the museum will be on your left); the shop is now far from there across the road.

I need to know their business hours urgently, open and close what time roughly ?

This place right?

http://g.co/maps/zmydf

It seems likely they're morning & afternoon only. But I don't know for a fact, and the opening times don't seem to be indicated on the sign.

Your link cannot be accessed. I guess it's the same place if my description fits. Any idea what time they normally close in open in the open and close in the afternoon. I need to leave early tomorrow and and back to Chiang Mai late afternoon; will try to adjust my times if possible.

Their crispy pork and the soup combined is the best I ever had in Thailand. Discover them by chance during the last visit.

This place right?

http://g.co/maps/zmydf

It seems likely they're morning & afternoon only. But I don't know for a fact, and the opening times don't seem to be indicated on the sign.

404: Page not found – the page http://g.co/maps/zmydf%C2%A0%C2%A0 does not exist.

If you typed in or copied/pasted this URL, make sure you included all the characters, with no extra punctuation.

Winnie,

I think that's the place if any description fits mine.

elektrified,

I guess you won't understand why some places are more touristy or why some girls won beauty queen titles. You must have good taste to understand my OP.

wildpikey,

Obviously what ??? That some business competitors are unhappy of my OP ?

• Like 1

Why doesnt the OP just go there and bloody well ask them; instead of writing all these cryptic messages, that to be honest are sounding more sinister than anything....10-20 young staff indeed?w00t.gif

Yes, 10 to 20 staffs. Don't believe ? At anytime, you can see more than 10. Mostly don't understand any English, they served me wrongly. I managed to be there at 12 noon. This is my 2nd visit. I don't see any other restaurant that display more crispy pork than this place, can even see a lot more inside beside an oven, ready to sell on the same day. Their crispy pork is thick and chunky, unlike most Thai's style. Here it's like between Thai & Chinese style roast pork.

I ordered a plate of rice with a lot of crispy pork, a half pc of boiled egg, some cucumbers, and sauce for 50 baht and a seperate bowl of soup(pepper based) with intestines, liver slices and crispy pork which I believe is also 50 baht, since I am charged a total of 100 baht; a little higher than other places but well worth it since they provide free plain water as well as Chinese tea and some onion stalks on the table. They also the soup with a strange type of noodle inside which look weird. They also have a type of thick white looking sausages which also look weird to me.

The place is actually just beside the 3 Kings monument Art Museum, so my description in the OP went too far. The songtheaw driver who took me there know the place, the food is call "kuay chap". By 12.40 pm when I leave, all the tables(min 15 to 20) are already occupied. They open 8 am to 3 pm only. All Thai-looking customers, not a single foreigners; lets see which guidebook will put in first; but I think they will not entertain any guidebook.

To the last poster, I ask to confirm their operating hours because I don't want to waste 30 mins and other sacrifices, can't I ?

Edited by healthcaretaker

It's that urgent to find pork at the 3 Kings? There are 1,000+ places in C.M. that serve the same thing!

The OP said this is the best in Thailand......

WinneTheKhwai,

Do you know any other places in Chiang Mai that sell the same kind of soup which you think is up to their(or yours, mine) standard too ?

I know quite a a few stalls in Bangkok but not in Chiang Mai.

Another well-known place for kuay jab is on Tung Hotel road near the Railway Station. You seem to be in that area a lot, so could be worth a try: http://g.co/maps/amyrn

If it's just the crispy pork dishes then those places are everywhere; I visit one at 89 Plaza a lot, and just yesterday found a new one because my tire blew up almost right in front of it and I was stuck there for 30 minutes while some tire shop dude fixed it. A bit out of town though, but nice Chinese guy there who reminded me a little bit of Kung <deleted> Panda's stepfather in his demeanor and total focus on serving good food. (Also has Chinese duck dishes and dim sum): http://g.co/maps/wmxn6 And then I liked the crispy pork in Sarapee, just past the police station on the other side of the road. But that could also be because of the neon-orange sauce that came with it, kind of turned it into Fukushima Pork, which would be a great name for a dish. Or a rock band.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Another well-known place for kuay jab is on Tung Hotel road near the Railway Station. You seem to be in that area a lot, so could be worth a try: http://g.co/maps/amyrn

If it's just the crispy pork dishes then those places are everywhere; I visit one at 89 Plaza a lot, and just yesterday found a new one because my tire blew up almost right in front of it and I was stuck there for 30 minutes while some tire shop dude fixed it. A bit out of town though, but nice Chinese guy there who reminded me a little bit of Kung <deleted> Panda's stepfather in his demeanor and total focus on serving good food. (Also has Chinese duck dishes and dim sum): http://g.co/maps/wmxn6 And then I liked the crispy pork in Sarapee, just past the police station on the other side of the road. But that could also be because of the neon-orange sauce that came with it, kind of turned it into Fukushima Pork, which would be a great name for a dish. Or a rock band.

Thanks again.

No, I hardly go to the Railway station area and I prefer taking buses compared to trains; but I will attempt to try the food you mentioned there in my next visit. I went to the Railway Station last time because of going to the Royal Flora; and yes the crusty pie in a cafe there is great. The lady claimed they supply to Suckbucks everyday.