!!

Afghanistan: Farah Governor'S Office Attacked, 11 Killed

News_Editor

Afghanistan: Farah governor's office attacked, 11 killed < br />

2012-05-19 09:03:04 GMT+7 (ICT)

FARAH CITY, AFGHANISTAN (BNO NEWS) -- A group of militants on Thursday attacked a governor's office in western Afghanistan, killing at least eleven people, officials said.

The attack was carried out at around 10:30 a.m. local time when the group of militants attacked the governor's office in the province of Farah. As a result, seven government officials and four militant were killed.

Deputy police chief Mhammad Ghaos Malyar told Pajhwok Afghan News that among those killed were one of the governor's private guards and six policemen.

According to reports, the militants arrived in a car before opening fire against the guards and storming into the office. Some of them were reportedly wearing suicide vests.

The exact number of assailants has not been determined, but governor spokesman Naqibullah Farahi said at least two of them detonated their suicide vests in order for the rest of the attackers to enter the building.

As the assailants carried out their attack, a third suicide bomber entered the governor's room. However, deputy governor Mohammad Yonus Rassouli was able to shoot and kill the attacker.

The attack was later under control after police, with the help of the Afghan National Army, conducted security operations and combed the area for further possible attackers. In addition to the casualties, the attack also resulted in the injury of at least 13 people, including nine civilians.

Taliban spokesman Qari Yosuf Ahmadi claimed responsibility of the attack on behalf of the terrorist groups, saying it was part of their 'Al-Farooq' summer offensive targeting government officials. According to the spokesman, four bombers carried out the attack and killed more than 17 government employees, including policemen, while several others were also wounded.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2012-05-19

http://www.bbc.co.uk...d-asia-18118781 It makes one wonder what will happen in Afghanistan when Nato and Co leaves ,I would like to believe I am an optimist at heart ,but reading the thread and many others including this link leads me to believe that this Country will descend into total anarchy .

It is already in a state of total anarchy. As it says on the link, the Kharzai government is the most corrupt in Afghanistan's history, and that is really saying something! And who installed him? Whose interests is he serving? Don't forget he was Haliburtons useful idiot for years in the US. As for opium production, the Taliban had nearly eradicated it, now it is at record levels, having increased year on year ever since the invasion. Opium production is now controlled by various warlords in Afghanistan, some of them Taliban who use the money to pay for their military campaign, some of them are warlords who are notionally on our side. Billions of dollars are being made from this trade, most of it by the wholesale buyers. So who are these buyers, what currency is being used? The end product ends up on the streets of The West, via Kandahar airport. Who controls security at Kandahar airport? Meanwhile, Obama announces this week that he wants another 1 billion dollars allocated for 'security' in Afghanistan! What a joke!

No Arguments Exsexyman,this is why I started posting and produced the links, but apart from the money being wasted what about the lives of the young service men ,and when Nato pulls out???

Sadly i think the lives of a lot of the military service personnel will be changed forever by their experiences, and unfortunately they can't rely on much support from the politicians who sent them there. I don't know the figures for suicides by ex servicemen returning home, but i do know they are disproportionately high compared to the national average. I remember many years ago in The UK a few years after the Falklands conflict, a survey of homeless people living on the streets showed that a large amount of Falkland veterans were among them. Some with mental health problems, many who just couldn't cope, their home and family lives just fell apart. Again, suicides amongst these veterans was high. Basically they were just left to get on with it, surely in a civilised society they were entitled to expect better. After all, they put themselves at the sharp end in service to their country. One of the many reasons i think, why politicians of all persuasions are held in contempt, rightly so in my opinion.

Some interesting reading here about the opium problem in Afghanistan. Bear in mind this is from 2006, it is far worse now.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=3294

• Like 1

http://www.bbc.co.uk...d-asia-18118781 It makes one wonder what will happen in Afghanistan when Nato and Co leaves ,I would like to believe I am an optimist at heart ,but reading the thread and many others including this link leads me to believe that this Country will descend into total anarchy .

In other news, the Sun will rise in the East tomorrow morning... :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the Link Exsexyman , Mind blowing!, IMHO now the Taliban know how much money there is to be made it will continue unabated .

I think you are right, it will continue unabated. No doubt an accommodation will be reached between all interested parties before NATO pull out in 2014. Lets face it, nobody is going to walk away from such an astronomical amount of money. Although woe betide the Taliban if they did try and do something crazy like last time, and try to eradicate opium poppy production which would take 90% of heroin off Western streets. Some people might think that would be an admirable idea, but unfortunately it would also have the effect of depriving Western "businessmen", offshore banks etc, of billions of dollars. Heaven forbid!
  • Like 1

Of course Esexyman what you write undoubtedly has its merits ,but we are straying slightly off topic here ,and that is why should so called Afghan law makers and Government employee's be targetted in this way by "Militants"? which is now happening all too often as no doubt you are all too well aware , I could understand if the "infidel" if the source of their wrath but in this case they are all Muslims ,is money now taking presidence over religion? ,it would certainly seem so , whad ya think?

Edited by Colin Yai
  • Like 1

Of course Esexyman what you write undoubtedly has its merits ,but we are straying slightly off topic here ,and that is why should so called Afghan law makers and Government employee's be targetted in this way by "Militants"? which is now happening all too often as no doubt you are all too well aware , I could understand if the "infidel" if the source of their wrath but in this case they are all Muslims ,is money now taking presidence over religion? ,it would certainly seem so , whad ya think?

I don't profess to know the answer to your question, but i would guess that the Taliban see Government officials etc as collaborators. Is money taking precedence over religion? Money IS the new religion, didn't you know?smile.png
  • Like 1

Yeah Exsexyman, money is indeed their Religion, as well as pure hypocrisy ,consuming Alcohol is strictly forbidden, but its quite OK to sell 1000's on tonnes of mind bending drugs to fund their war ,not only against the Infidel but against their own Country men ,what we have read on the OP is just an on going thing and is never likely to cease ,and Personally I find it some what strange that Obama should have the gall to seek FURTHER funding of another cool billion to finance on one hand whole sale corruption plus uncontrollable drug dealing on a massive scale,whilst thousands of his service men risk their lives day in day out ,with many having paid the supreme price already with more to follow,maybe some members out there could inform me if it makes any sense ,funny old world ain't it !.and in closing personally IMHO Afghanistan is a "lost cause" sad.png

Edited by Colin Yai