Is Thailand Really Cheaper For You ?

MrRealDeal

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What age is that ? If it isn't 75+, you're talking <deleted>

You're 75?

Shit, no. The point is that no one under the age of 75 absolutely has to pay for it.

Tell us that again when you get there. (and you can add 'told you so' if it makes you happy)

Chances are you'll be gone by then so let's agree to disagree shall we?

I don't know how some of you live on such paltry incomes.

I spend a minimum of 4,000,000 baht a week on cheese alone!

Plus I crash at least 3 of my Bugatti Veyrons a week.

And don't get me started on how much my 4,569 mia noi's drain out of my wallet every month.

• Like 1

I don't know how some of you live on such paltry incomes.

I spend a minimum of 4,000,000 baht a week on cheese alone!

Plus I crash at least 3 of my Bugatti Veyrons a week.

And don't get me started on how much my 4,569 mia noi's drain out of my wallet every month.

cheesy.gif , good post.

I think the OP makes a very valid point, but my answer and I guess most of single people's answer is definitely yes, Thailand is really cheaper.

Just accommodation makes a world of difference. Food, even comparing cheap/er/est options as the OP does, still cheaper here for me.

The quality of life available makes a big difference too in medium income ranges, which is where I am. I understand the point of not needing maid, laundry and so on, but if those services can be had, they are an improvement on lifestyle and make life cheaper.

Quite a few other examples, but basically answering the OP's question: Yes, it is really cheaper for me

I think the OP makes a very valid point, but my answer and I guess most of single people's answer is definitely yes, Thailand is really cheaper.

Just accommodation makes a world of difference. Food, even comparing cheap/er/est options as the OP does, still cheaper here for me.

The quality of life available makes a big difference too in medium income ranges, which is where I am. I understand the point of not needing maid, laundry and so on, but if those services can be had, they are an improvement on lifestyle and make life cheaper.

Quite a few other examples, but basically answering the OP's question: Yes, it is really cheaper for me

And a previous poster spends 600 UK ponds a week to live in LOS. A Verrrrrrrrrrrry happy lady for sure. sad.png

@commande

The oil industry is expierencing a boom ,im making my money while Its about

Rest assured i ollu spend a percentage of my main income on my day to day expences ,i guess im just luckeyto be in this position ,i have saved for the rainey day as it will comeback at Some time in the future i will be able to survive it on my investments and future ideas ,im taking these chances now ,when i have the income to prop up any bumbs in the road that will come along

The truth of a life in thailand is the choice it offers to you if you have the work I have ,I'm about to venture in to a second business in Thailand ,the first is mildly successful ,no where near enough to support half my current life style but still attractive enough to invest more capital in to it ,the second is a spin off of the first so the latter will only succeed if the first does Its meagre job as it has

I work in a dangerous environment ,thus the healthy conditions ,I want to live a bit while I'm at it ,the reality of working offshore isn't always sunshine and rainbows ,there are very hard times ,like saying goodbye to my family when I go to work ,the tought that if there is a fire or emergency out here the chances of survival are slim at best (even with all the safety culture abord ships,barges and rigs )

In wish some of my expences were lower ,but the truth is while I can afford it and sucure my familys future at the same time ,I want the good things too ,the moment that changes so will the maid nanny and flash car ,but right now it's looking quite good

Best of luck with your future ,Steve

BUT, see how your lady likes the downward change. sad.png

This discussion has reminded me of The Economist's Big Mac Index

Thailand is actually one of the cheapest countries in the world for a Big Mac

In fact, a Double Big Mac is cheaper here than a Big Mac in UK

That's how I used to compare places I used to go on holiday to, check Big Mac and local beer prices, you get a good idea of how much other things are smile.png

That's how I used to compare places I used to go on holiday to, check Big Mac and local beer prices, you get a good idea of how much other things are smile.png

I just want a Bigmac, or 3 up here in the outback. sad.png

• Like 1

And a previous poster spends 600 UK ponds a week to live in LOS. A Verrrrrrrrrrrry happy lady for sure. sad.png

If she can afford that, good for her. I am still quite sure that her money also buys her a better lifestyle than she would have in England.

I'll eat get some for you .....thumbsup.gif

If she can afford that, good for her. I am still quite sure that her money also buys her a better lifestyle than she would have in England.

My point was, a farang is spending 600 UK to keep his lady in LOS. w00t.gif

@ transom ,

Yup she will run off and find a dude like you ,and go for drives in your pretend V8 ,or stay and go for a drive I'm my real one

As one poster stated riding high on the hog ,well if I am there must be some body clinging on to the butthole ,is it you sir ?

Not nice is it when I assume your dreamer living off buttons ......Is it ?

Thanks for assuming she is a money grabbing skank

My point was, a farang is spending 600 UK to keep his lady in LOS. w00t.gif

A week???

Either very rich, very stupid or both (or just very happy, not for us to judge, but as you would put it w00t.gif

• Like 1

@ transom ,

Yup she will run off and find a dude like you ,and go for drives in your pretend V8 ,or stay and go for a drive I'm my real one

As one poster stated riding high on the hog ,well if I am there must be some body clinging on to the butthole ,is it you sir ?

Don't have 600 UK a week to spend on a lady, don't have a V8 anymore, BUT, l don't have a wife that requires annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyy where neeeeeeeeeeeear your outlay.

Good luck to you. rolleyes.gif

PS. Some of us older tongue.png guys have been there and done it, seems you haven't yet, again good luck.smile.png

listen everyone knows thailand is cheap as hell when you are single. the question of leaving comes about when you have kids to raise, especially a girl. then many of thailand's little quirks and novelties might not seem so pleasant. and of course there is the concern of education and her enviorment, both social and physical in Thailand.

my general opinion is that thailand is not the ideal place to raise a child , especially a female child. so i am making the very hard sacrifice to raise her in the expensive, boring, vanilla west.

I think western education is wildly over-rated by many TV members, and Thai education is wildly under-rated.

As for raising a female child in Thailand, why not, I'm already counting the sin-sot.

• Like 1

@ transom ,

Don't have 600 UK a week to spend on a lady, don't have a V8 anymore, BUT, l don't have a wife that requires annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyy where neeeeeeeeeeeear your outlay.

PS. Some of us older tongue.png guys have been there and done it, seems you haven't yet, again good luck.smile.png

Haha ...bitter now are we

Read the posts raising a family ,not keeping a girl ,please quote correctly

I have a v 8 it's cool ,did somebody take yours away ?

I tend not to get in to silly arguments with posters here ,but you like poking ,from your first comment to your last

Now that you don't get your own way

Read back ,and since you know so much know this ,I stated I was paying for a very nice car prior to any thing else ,it was included in my initial ,monthly breakdown .It was purchased on finance ,now you been around so long should know I couldn't get finance ,not been a local and all

Finance in Thailand to a women in her twenties ,to the amount of a new car ,with a v8 donk in it ,do the sums

She wasn't exactly poor when I met her

We are having a family ,baby is six months old ,she hasn't returned to work yet ,but when she does my outlay as you put it will be considerably reduced

Oh back to the v8 ,and I'm sure as a man with a interest in cars you will there are not to many new V8 getting built and sold in Thailand ,luckily she knew the guy who owned the dealership ,friend of her daddy ,he bought his car there too !

Nice dude gave us a good price on her old car as a depoist ,same brand you see !I'm sure you can figure it out the brand and model ,

Don't assume you know me or her for that matter ,look around you open your eyes there are wealthy people all over Thailand

I don't take advice from older guys who don't have a button to their name and their one saving grace is that the women in their life loves them for the poor miserable sod they are ,

Oh I have a 67 mustang too ,only a Windsor block a baby donk you might call it ,,it's in oz ,her family connections are gonna see if they can help me bring it to Thailand ,but that ain't easy ,then I'll have 2 V8s compared to your none

Next time try to be a bit more polite

Regards

Steve

what if i have a v12

may be mistaken!, but I believe there is a Klingon TV member who drives an elderly V12 around the Patters area. He tends to limit his comments to air conditioning and the current financial crisis.

ph34r.png

@ transom ,

I tend not to get in to silly arguments with posters here ,but you like poking ,from your first comment to your last

Read back ,and since you know so much know this ,I stated I was paying for a very nice car prior to any thing else ,it was included in my initial ,monthly breakdown .It was purchased on finance ,now you been around so long should know I couldn't get finance ,not been a local and all

Finance in Thailand to a women in her twenties ,to the amount of a new car ,with a v8 donk in it ,do the sums

We are having a family ,baby is six months old ,she hasn't returned to work yet ,but when she does my outlay as you put it will be considerably reduced

Oh back to the v8 ,and I'm sure as a man with a interest in cars you will there are not to many new V8 getting built and sold in Thailand ,luckily she knew the guy who owned the dealership ,friend of her daddy ,he bought his car there too !

Nice dude gave us a good price on her old car as a depoist ,same brand you see !I'm sure you can figure it out the brand and model ,

Don't assume you know me or her for that matter ,look around you open your eyes there are wealthy people all over Thailand

I don't take advice from older guys who don't have a button to their name and their one saving grace is that the women in their life loves them for the poor miserable sod they are ,

Oh I have a 67 mustang too ,only a Windsor block a baby donk you might call it ,,it's in oz ,her family connections are gonna see if they can help me bring it to Thailand ,but that ain't easy ,then I'll have 2 V8s compared to your none

Regards

Steve

Dear Steve

When will you be revealing the answer to the puzzle you set out above with regards to which model of car you own?

I am not really into cars but the way you set it up with all those clues, I feel like I am watching CSI and I really want to know who did it. I am no expert on the Thai automobile industry so it would take me a very long time to figure it out for myself (even though you provided some great clues). Please could you tell us?

Regards, Brit

@ transom ,

Regards

Steve

I wouldn't bother about him mate, anyone who can twist "the rest my gf puts away in an account ,for other things [for the entire family]" into you "spending 600 UK to keep [your] lady in LOS" can only be a bitter jealous troll.

• Like 1

@ transom ,

Regards

Steve

Dear Steve

When will you be revealing the answer to the puzzle you set out above with regards to which model of car you own?

I am not really into cars but the way you set it up with all those clues, I feel like I am watching CSI and I really want to know who did it. I am no expert on the Thai automobile industry so it would take me a very long time to figure it out for myself (even though you provided some great clues). Please could you tell us?

Regards, Brit

Is the baby going to be called V9 ?

• Like 1