Is Thailand Really Cheaper For You ?

MrRealDeal

Hookers arent part of most people's life.

In Thailand, hookers are a part of most mens lives.

If they were as cheap and available in the rest of the world, they would be too.

I think most men wouldn't have sex with a prostitute even if it was free.

Maybe most men would not admit to having sex with a prostitute, but if she was attractive and not expensive there are very few men who would turn her down.

Most men I know in Thailand deny having sex with prostitutes, they all deny their wife/gf ever worked in a bar.

• Like 1

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most men I know in Thailand deny having sex with prostitutes, they all deny their wife/gf ever worked in a bar.

It's probably a self denial thing, they have trouble admitting it to others but I admire those who do admit and have sucsessful lengthy and relationships. It aint all doom and gloom.

I for the record will say my GF from since around 2005 was a BG and I have no problem what she did.

Oh and prior to meeting her I was a hansum sexy man butterfly who had a bit of fun.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by MB1
  • Like 1

I agree this might be true in repressed societies dominated by outdated religous mores, especially Judeo-Christian and Muslim ones.

But certainly not true if you're talking about "most men" as in globally, and certainly not the case for Thais. Assuming she's young and attractive of course.

Many cultures would actually think a woman just giving herself away to strangers for free is much worthier of contempt than a decent prostitute.

And yet again the stupidity/self denial of the Thailand monger raises it's 'larger' [sic] head.

In The Rest Of The World, most men do not use prostitutes. The only reason there are a disproportionate amount of men who do HERE, is that Thailand is THE brothel of the world and you simply can't get 'any', any other way.

Your implication that the rest of the world's women are, and I quote 'giving it away for free' suggests you too are one of those sad sacks who are labouring under the delusion that 'Well, farang women jus' don' realise they're not utilising their moneymakers an' tha's why they fin' me so repugnant, nuffin' to do with my attitude/looks/age'. So you must come here to have a cat's chance to ever get your end away. F.A.C.T.

You guys mean when you get together with friends that you don't share the cell phone photos from the last weeks adventures?

And you all don't still go to the wife's go go to keep up with the gossip and let the lady dance a bit so she stays in shape?

Whoa stuffy stuffy. There is honest life outside of Thai Visa boys.

• Like 1

You guys mean when you get together with friends that you don't share the cell phone photos from the last weeks adventures?

And you all don't still go to the wife's go go to keep up with the gossip and let the lady dance a bit so she stays in shape?

Whoa stuffy stuffy. There is honest life outside of Thai Visa boys.

l go snooker once a week. That OK.? sad.png

Thanks to a PM sent to me, a friend will be happy tonight to learn that his life in Thailand will be a bit cheaper by a minimum of 10K and I think by 20K as another excessive request has been uncovered.

The financial requests and scams aside, Thailand can be so much cheaper if you work things out.

Here in Thailand I find it can be as cheap to eat out as it is for me to buy the food, cook it and wash up afterwards. Markets and shops can be cheaper too once we know where to shop and take account of the prices some charge against others. Many a time I have been to the local markets and been well overcharged until you find the right stalls and stall owners who are simply happy to have your custom. Then there is the small shopkeeper who smiles genuinely to have a foreigner shopping there and also does not overcharge.

Accommodation is often cheaper once you learn the rules on prices and what meters you have installed for electric and water.

It is the same with bars. Find the right bar that you like and the right price for beer and the beer can be cheaper than back home.

Overall I am about 25% better off financially here in Thailand than back in the UK.

• Like 1

Heineken beer - Insomnia sukhumvit soi 12 £4.16

Heineken beer - Movida, Argyll Street, W1 £8.00

Yeah, but you have to drink Heineken.

From about 2 weeks ago on a Friday night:

Pint of Carlsberg in Mucky Duck..Suk Rd ........100 Bt

Pint of Carlsberg in my local Spoons.London...1.99p...both dee mak.mai me complain

I always drink the local stuff.

In Cornwall it was a pint of Rattler, In Thailand it's a Large Chang Classic.

Never understood those people who travel round the world insisting on eating and drinking the same things.

But H.............. is crap anywhere. Girls drink. laugh.png ooooops, upset my Swede pal now. laugh.png

Overall I am about 25% better off financially here in Thailand than back in the UK.

I've halved my monthly costs by living in Thailand, and having a much better lifestyle, more dinners out, more nights out, more 'coffee mornings', more kids, younger wife.

Duh!! I forgot about the younger females bit. I need more vitamin B12 after my nights out and they are cheap here too. Only 1 Baht each.

I've halved my monthly costs by living in Thailand, and having a much better lifestyle, more dinners out, more nights out, more 'coffee mornings', more kids, younger wife.

Duh!! I forgot about the younger females bit. I need more vitamin B12 after my nights out and they are cheap here too. Only 1 Baht each.

B12, isn't that a bomber ? ooooooooooops, sorry no, B17. tongue.png

And yet again the stupidity/self denial of the Thailand monger raises it's 'larger' [sic] head.

In The Rest Of The World, most men do not use prostitutes. The only reason there are a disproportionate amount of men who do HERE, is that Thailand is THE brothel of the world and you simply can't get 'any', any other way.

Your implication that the rest of the world's women are, and I quote 'giving it away for free' suggests you too are one of those sad sacks who are labouring under the delusion that 'Well, farang women jus' don' realise they're not utilising their moneymakers an' tha's why they fin' me so repugnant, nuffin' to do with my attitude/looks/age'. So you must come here to have a cat's chance to ever get your end away. F.A.C.T.

No idea what you're on about.

I personally don't have any problem about women wanting to have sex just for fun either, just pointing out the very large variability in sexual/political attitudes around the world, there isn't one "right" vs all the rest "wrong" ways. If the "rest" of the world you're talking about is the native English speaking mostly Christian plus the Islamic countries fine many there think there's something "wrong" with the sex trade, but that's a very small fraction of the total world, in which most people aren't so hung up about sex, including paying for it.

And yes my being old and fat and bald and half-blind means I generally need to exchange something of value in order to get lovely young slim athletic girls to entertain me, completely realistic and accepted, no delusions here. I'd have no problem getting sex without paying for it back home if I were willing to settle for old girls, but I don't have to and why should I?

Are you putting me down yourself for having those attributes? Why, make you feel like a better man? How does that work, I'm actually puzzled?

If someone is getting their rocks off and not hurting anyone else, who are you to judge? Come right down to it absolutely nothing "wrong" with being a whore, nor being a monger is there?

If you don't want to be or even be acquainted with such, that's your prerogative, but no need to cast aspersions.

Edited by BigJohnnyBKK
  • Like 1

Definitely cheaper here.

In GBP terms I'm paying

£180 a month rent for a 3 bed house upper Sukhumvit, compared with £500 for a flat in Clapham, 6 years ago

£250 a year car insurance, compared with about £450, for an admittedly much better car.

80p a litre fuel versus £1.40 in the UK last I heard.

Nice meal in a decent little local restaurant ~£10 including drinks, would be hard pushed to get for under £30 last time I was in the UK

Cigs are maybe 1/5th the price, beer about the same in shops, but my local in a little village in England was Sukhumvit prices.

Weekend away by the beach change out of £200

Maid £150 a month. I don't even have any idea what that would cost me in the UK. I never asked, and don't think I ever knew anyone who employed domestic help.

Sony TVs, iPhones and designer goods cost what they cost anywhere in the world, maybe a bit more in Thailand. I don't really care because I can either find a decent alternative or stump up for a treat as needs be.

People complaining that Thailand isn't cheap any more, in my experience are either living a middle class western lifestyle in Thailand, eating cheese and drinking imported wine, or they are running out of money having tried to do that for the last few years on their dwindling savings. Both are fine but you have to be realistic. If you want to eat and drink like you would in London then it's going to cost. If you want to live a decent life here with the occasional treat then you can live quite well, in my opinion, on what would be poverty wages in the western world.

I wouldn't move back to London if you doubled my salary, and not because of the weather.

• Like 2

If you want to live a decent life here with the occasional treat then you can live quite well,

For me

In Oxford a little treat was a Doner Kebab .... about 2UKP (100bht)

In Thailand a little treat would be Cow Soy ...... about 35bht

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Who the f*** drinks Heineken ? It's a hi-so, ''l am richer than you'' drink that's awful. bah.gif

Hi-so??!! Heineken??!!

Only if you're used to drinking methylated spirits

Yeh, serious. folk here, well, my end, drink that stuff for show, why, cos it costs more and impresses the locals.

You will laugh, told some folk at a doo, that were drinking it, that in UK it was the cheapest lager laugh.png , l had to duck so the the belch/cough/stuff went over my shouldercheesy.gif

Who the f*** drinks Heineken ? It's a hi-so, ''l am richer than you'' drink that's awful. bah.gif

Hi-so??!! Heineken??!!

Only if you're used to drinking methylated spirits

HiSo drink Hoegarden, for about 250B half liter.

Heineken from BKK is crap, but slightly better than the rest of the crap beers here. YMMV.

Ok i finally read all 23 pages. lots of great info for a newbie who is considering LOS as a retirement haven. thanks for all your comments.

I read the whole thread too and I have to say that most of it is just people arguing about inconsequential details. Is the preference of ones beer relevant to this thread of overall cost of living? Is the cost of a haircut such a large part of ones monthly budget that it deserves ten posts?

I joined this forum for information about Thailand, but it seems now that most of the information I scan through is completely irrelevant to the original post.

I am new too. My experience here as about the same as other forums. Some very helpful stuff. Just keep reading

• Like 1

Thailand attracts a huge market in the dentistry field.. why, because it is so much cheaper.

Both my wife and I both have our 6 months checks and related work , cleaning and hygienist performed in Thailand.

Excellent work, clean, fast and efficient.

I joined this forum for information about Thailand, but it seems now that most of the information I scan through is completely irrelevant to the original post.

Yeah, isn't that great? Some of the most boring questions get the most interesting answers that way 8-)

• Like 1

B12, isn't that a bomber ? ooooooooooops, sorry no, B17. tongue.png

I think a 50 cents balsa wood glider might be more appropriate in Thailand than a B17 and that would cost a few hundred thousand Baht here with all the kick-backs and bribes ;)

Ok i finally read all 23 pages. lots of great info for a newbie who is considering LOS as a retirement haven. thanks for all your comments.

I read the whole thread too and I have to say that most of it is just people arguing about inconsequential details. Is the preference of ones beer relevant to this thread of overall cost of living? Is the cost of a haircut such a large part of ones monthly budget that it deserves ten posts?

All good fun. Information mixed with some good banter along the way. And if you are in the pub 7 nights a week the beer thing can be important as it takes a chunk of the budget whistling.gif

5 small beers a night @ 75 Baht = 2625 Baht a week !! More than some spend on food ;) Then if you drink that girly Heineken the cost has gone up bah.gif

important as it takes a chunk of the budget whistling.gif

5 small beers a night @ 75 Baht = 2625 Baht a week !! More than some spend on food wink.png Then if you drink that girly Heineken the cost has gone up bah.gif

We aren't all big spenders at Nana, Thai clubs for Thai people, 5 large Leo for 199bht ..... live music too.

Hookers arent part of most people's life.

In Thailand, hookers are a part of most mens lives.

If they were as cheap and available in the rest of the world, they would be too.

Maybe most men would not admit to having sex with a prostitute, but if she was attractive and not expensive there are very few men who would turn her down.

But a BG is not a prostitute so we are having sex with some of these beautiful women and making two donations, not paying for it. One financial donation and the other a liquid donation. All good charity from us foreigners :P