Shipping Personal Items On A Non Immigrant B Visa

marko56

Can someone on a non immigrant B visa ship personal items to Thailand, i.e. clothes, CDs's etc without creating a fuss among Immigration officials?

Customs are the excitable one's here, not immigration. You are ineligible for fuss free importation of personal effects unless you have a one year extension of your non-immigrant visa issued in Thailand.

I am in the process of getting all my stuff sent over at the moment. I am on an Immigrant Visa B, as I have not applyied for my work permit yet.

I have to pay some monies to the customs department (shipping company will take care off that, as well as hand in my passport to confirm ownership).

Had i had a work permit, i would not have had to pay (so i am told), but have to say that it has gone very smooth so far.

Had i had a work permit, i would not have had to pay (so i am told), but have to say that it has gone very smooth so far.

Correct, a non-imm B combined with a work-permit allows you to bring in your personal effects and household-goods free of duty.

Catch 22, usually the stuff arrives b4 you got the WP.

And btw, only one piece of electronics, elctrics each. One radio, one CD-player, 1 washing machine.

So usually a payment speeds up the clearance. Strange enough, after that your clearance receipt will read 'free of duty'. :o

I am in the process of getting all my stuff sent over at the moment. I am on an Immigrant Visa B, as I have not applyied for my work permit yet.

I have to pay some monies to the customs department (shipping company will take care off that, as well as hand in my passport to confirm ownership).

Wuggiman,

Did you mean non immigrant B. So just to be clear, you haven't had any problems sending stuff in as long as you paid the customs tax.

Thanks