Foreign Exchange Cert -Buying Condo - Urgent

Can anyone help with this query.

I'm about to buy a condo but have not yet sent the funds over to Thailand. I understand that to obtain a Foreign Exchange Certificate I need to trandfer in excess if $50,000.

Howver the maximim my bank permits in one single 'online transaction' is £25,000 ($40,000).

So to buy the condo I would have to make several transactions non greater than $40,000 and hence non would get the necessay Foreign Exchange Cert to register the condo.

Can anyone advise - is there a way around this (consolidated FETC for several transactions)!

or would ANother certificate be accepted by the land office?

Or is the only solution to do a hard copy request to send more than $50K at my UK bank? (ie a trip home to make the transfer).

Or of course anything else I have not thought of.

Thanks in advance of your experience.

My offshore bank also has a limit for online transfer such as yours.

In my case to transfer the final payment for my condo (4.5 million baht) all it took was a phone call to the bank to authorize a larger amount. After going through a lengthy verification and security process.

Phone your bank and check into it, might save a plane trip.

FWIW, I transfered money for 3 years during construction to make monthly payments, none greater than the $50,000 dollar amount but did specify on each transfer that it was for "condo purchase"

When I made my final payment and with the contract from the builder, they gave me a FETC for the full amount of the condo purchase price.

This was dealing with the TMB on second RD in Pattaya, very user/falang freindly in my case

Some banks allow you to transfer over the limit using telephone or fax instructions if you have signed up for these facilities in advance.

(Are you with Santander ex-ALIL? they were particularly unhelpful previously).

Or you can maybe convince your Thai bank that as the transactions are on consecutive days for the same purpose they could issue a FETF covering the separate transactions combined.

Or you get a Bai Rap Rong for each of the transactions which will be accepted by the Land Office.

You only actually need the FETF / BRR to cover the sale amount that is declared at the Land Office. If the declared amount is less than you are sending you will only need a BRR at the lower value.