Met Gf In A Bar, Khao San Road And Still Doin' Good

Marcel1

The real reason is that it makes some of the guys on here feel really stupid because they ended up with a prostitute for a gf/wife and you didn't. every day.

At least that is what this anonymous member on this anonymous forum wants us to believe.

Did you know that I actually happen to be the richest man in the world,way ahead of my best mate Bill Gates,but that I love to post on a Thai forum?

I post from a lean-to shack backing on to Naam's wall. I wish I could afford hookers. Or even just hooks. Then I could save up, and buy a jacket to hang on them.

Anyway, thanks to the encouragement of the OP, I have recovered my faith in Thai ladies, and I'm off down to hang around outside the local karaoke place in the hope of running into a nice girl

SC

SC

So you would be the multilingual gardener?

I'm guessing the multi-lingual gardener is the bar-steward with the hose, who thinks its Songkran all year round.

Do you think the gardener could translate into English, kenwhitameenanat, jimmy?

SC

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I post from a lean-to shack backing on to Naam's wall. I wish I could afford hookers. Or even just hooks. Then I could save up, and buy a jacket to hang on them.

Anyway, thanks to the encouragement of the OP, I have recovered my faith in Thai ladies, and I'm off down to hang around outside the local karaoke place in the hope of running into a nice girl

SC

SC

So you would be the multilingual gardener?

I'm guessing the multi-lingual gardener is the bar-steward with the hose, who thinks its Songkran all year round.

Do you think the gardener could translate into English, kenwhitameenanat, jimmy?

SC

His langage skills are legendary, I'm sure he would know what you mean

• 4 weeks later...

Met my present wife at an outdoor beer bar in a city about 90 minutes from Bangkok. She was the hostess who sat people and the only decent English speaker there so had lots of face time ordering food etc several nights in a row and it slowly progressed from there. Been married 12 years now with no end or storms in sight.

Good post, but like others already said most people don't like reading them. But the reason they don't like reading them isn't because they are boring. The real reason is that it makes some of the guys on here feel really stupid because they ended up with a prostitute for a gf/wife and you didn't. Many on here just can't accept that the majority of That women aren't prostitutes. Also they'd never get a non-prostitute here, so makes them feel twice as bad to read success stories like yours. Sounds like you have a good relationship but why do you fight? That doesn't sound so good..

Nothing wrong with Thai hookers, I know loads (including my SIL), always great fun and often make very good wives.

(Sorry I can't really comment on non Thai hookers as I have never met any)

Hookers are people and have feelings also.

Wow! Is TV becoming more moderate these days?

35 replies and not one poster telling the OP that "if it's too good to be true then it ain't true" or similar...

I would like to also add however that it would be foolhardy to expect that just because one meets a lady on Khao San Rd that she is automatically not going to be a hooker, or conversely that every woman one meets in the Sukhumwit area will automatically be a hooker...

Locale alone doesn't dictate such things...

I'm also stunned no-one's taken this chance to tell the world about their Billionaire's daughter Chinese Thai wife....

A few weeks away and the world goes crazy....blimey I needs a drink...

Pfff. Yet another guy who thinks women are free.

You just wait til she starts suggesting that you buy a house and/or car for the both of you. Then the trap is set...

They're only free until they start asking for money.

Edited by chops
  • Like 1

Have a medal and congratulations. clap2.gif For your information, not all the girls in bars on Khao San Road are actually prostitutes, so she could have just been out having a good time when you met her. I sometimes go to Khao San Road with my Thai friends (girls and boys) and they're in no way prostitutes.

Prositute or not, you're not going to get free women. I'm tired of hearing about this myth. If women were free why do millions of sex tourists come to Pattaya?

• Like 1

Have a medal and congratulations. clap2.gif For your information, not all the girls in bars on Khao San Road are actually prostitutes, so she could have just been out having a good time when you met her. I sometimes go to Khao San Road with my Thai friends (girls and boys) and they're in no way prostitutes.

Prositute or not, you're not going to get free women. I'm tired of hearing about this myth. If women were free why do millions of sex tourists come to Pattaya?

Maybe because such men lack the non-financial assets that would make them attractive to the opposite sex.

This is now the 21st century and many women actually contribute more financially to the relationship than the men.

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Edited by brit1984
  • Like 1

Maybe because such men lack the non-financial assets that would make them attractive to the opposite sex.

This is now the 21st century and many women actually contribute more financially to the relationship than the men.

Where would you find these women then? I really don't personally know of a single legitimate(non feminist) relationship that is not based on a financial transaction. My mother stayed at home while my father worked. All the members of my family have high income men and stay at home wives.

The first girl I met here in Thailand is the same way. Stays at home and I generate all the income. Would she stay with me if I had no income? Never.

Money for love is the most natural thing in the world.

Like some have pointed out girls who work and sell their bodies in bars are not the same as girls going to a bar for a good time. I have had 3 long time relationships in Thailand, 2 with bgs and 1 normal girl. Both bar girls relationships had problems due to their past customers and money. The biggest problems are that old customers would always try to contact them and the girls never really want to burn any bridges. Also, once they get use to the easy money it is hard to give it up and work in a normal job or have someone take care of you ( unless stupid money is concerned). Most of these really young beautiful girls can make 60,000 to 100,000 baht a month working in a bar. They have guys standing in line and calling them every night.They laugh if some guy offers them 20 or 30k baht a month. They also have so many secrets that keep you guessing.You just can't trust them..... It is however difficult to find a beautiful Thai girl for a gf if you have 30 years difference unless you get them from a bar. If you are lucky you find one who just arrived and don't know the game. I think however the saying is true " you can take a lady out of the bar but you can't take the bar out of the lady". If they are already used up ( over the hill) then they will be ready to make the change...but the past will always be in their minds.... Who wants a girl who has already been with 1000 guys...not me !!!

• Like 1

Where would you find these women then? I really don't personally know of a single legitimate(non feminist) relationship that is not based on a financial transaction. My mother stayed at home while my father worked. All the members of my family have high income men and stay at home wives.

The first girl I met here in Thailand is the same way. Stays at home and I generate all the income. Would she stay with me if I had no income? Never.

enough money for them to have a good life is ok...but not to make them rich and have Iphones, laptops, cars etc etc...unless you have been with them for years and the trust is there. You can not buy true love.....

Good post, but like others already said most people don't like reading them. But the reason they don't like reading them isn't because they are boring. The real reason is that it makes some of the guys on here feel really stupid because they ended up with a prostitute for a gf/wife and you didn't. Many on here just can't accept that the majority of That women aren't prostitutes. Also they'd never get a non-prostitute here, so makes them feel twice as bad to read success stories like yours. Sounds like you have a good relationship but why do you fight? That doesn't sound so good..

Nothing wrong with Thai hookers, I know loads (including my SIL), always great fun and often make very good wives.

I disagree !!! I have been told that they put their feelings on hold and only go through the motions to get money....only for the money.... they will only cry if they think they are about to loose money....it is about the money for sure !!! Thai hookers are for entertainment and making a deposit...only !!!

As I said in the previous post, we all (men and women) have financial and non-financial assets. When considering entering a relationship with a man, a woman will consider all such assets.

Obviously, every woman will have different priorities, which will vary depending on their preferences (and assets). A single mother living in poverty will likely be quite focused on finding a partner who can provide financial support. Where as, a billionaire heiress is more likely to be interested in looks, personality and class. Moreover, when a woman chooses a man for a one-night stand she will be less focused on wealth than when choosing a husband.

I think you might be living in a different century to me, hence the misunderstanding.

Edited by brit1984

I disagree !!! I have been told that they put their feelings on hold and only go through the motions to get money....only for the money.... they will only cry if they think they are about to loose money....it is about the money for sure !!! Thai hookers are for entertainment and making a deposit...only !!!

Sex workers are people and they do have feelings (obviously) although the emotions they display are very likely to differ from the emotions they hold inside. Despite the confident and happy personality they may display, it is likely most will have psychological issues (or even mental illnesses).

These mental problems may either have caused them to become sex workers, or may have been caused by them being sex workers. Either way, unless you are a professional working with an NGO, it is advisable not to interfere with them and risk causing them further emotional hardship.

As evidenced by this forum, interaction with them can also cause serious psychological problems for their customers (or partners).

Sex workers are people and they do have feelings (obviously) although the emotions they display are very likely to differ from the emotions they hold inside. Despite the confident and happy personality they may display, it is likely most will have psychological issues (or even mental illnesses).

That post is just silly, you could replace 'sex worker' with 'Asian lady' and it would be just as likely true.

Different culture and way of thinking ..........

Also

Yaba and YaIce is widely taken by all levels of the population, and also has very serious long term mental effects.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

That post is just silly, you could replace 'sex worker' with 'Asian lady' and it would be just as likely true.

Different culture and way of thinking ..........

Also

Yaba and YaIce is widely taken by all levels of the population, and also has very serious long term mental effects.

Are you suggesting most females born in Asia are psychos?

Are you also suggesting that most Thai people are into drugs?

Both of these assertions might be true for the women you associate with, in your village, but they do not hold true as generalisations.

Are you suggesting most females born in Asia are psychos?

I am suggesting that the Asian mental outlook and acceptable standards of behaviour (particularly in domestic violence situations) is significantly different from the western world in so many ways that many Asians would be classed as having BPD in our society. More to do with upbringing and culture than race as those brought up in western society show a normal western outlook.

For example, cutting a man's penis off is not common in western society, but I read Chiang Mai hospitals alone are averaging about 200 re-attachment attempts a year.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

I really don't get this attitude from some guys. It's like they were born middle aged men that just got taken in a divorce settlement. Surely even if they didn't date for 'free' when they were young they must have known people who did.

• Like 1

I really don't get this attitude from some guys. It's like they were born middle aged men that just got taken in a divorce settlement. Surely even if they didn't date for 'free' when they were young they must have known people who did.

Yep, I know guys who dated the free ones .........

Don't fool yourself it's ever free, the only difference is the price and the payment plan.

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1

Yep, I know guys who dated the free ones .........

Don't fool yourself it's ever free, the only difference is the price and the payment plan.

Have you ever heard of the concept of a one-night stand?

Have you ever heard of the concept of a toy-boy?

Have you ever heard of the concept of a house husband?

Moreover, are you aware that many couples in the 21st century are between 2 people who both have an income and contribute financially to the relationship?

Moreover, are you aware that many couples in the 21st century are between 2 people who both have an income and contribute financially to the relationship?

When this couple get divorced .......

Who gets to keep living in the marital home?

Who gets custody of the children?

Who pays child maintenance?

What happened when you got divorced?

Never really gone for the one night stand thing, I have to have feelings for a woman before I want to have sex with her.

(Do you really treat women as just a hole to come in? ...... Ewwwww)

And the thought that, if I did 1 night, how many other guys had done 1 night, and the thought of disease always put me off.

And HIV, Hepatitis, Herpes (etc.) tests, one before each 1 night stand, hardly practical, or do you just not bother.

What is she deliberately gets preggers from your 1 night stand, 19 years of child maintenance? very pricey for 1 night.

Sorry, I mix up sex with relationships and marriage and children .... yeah I know, soppy of me.

Toy-boys and house-husbands ..... can't really think that works for many women ..... cash flow all wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to stay at home and look after my kids, while a woman paid for everything.

Coffee mornings, swim club, school runs .... it would be great.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Thailand, where fantasies come true. It's just like Disneyland, except you can negotiate the price of the rides!!! tongue.png

And you don't have to queue for 2 hours behind a Chinese family all wearing MIckey Mouse ears.

just take one home that could be half Chinese and still wearing Micky Mouse earstongue.png

When this couple get divorced .......

Who gets to keep living in the marital home?

Who gets custody of the children?

Who pays child maintenance?

What happened when you got divorced?

Never really gone for the one night stand thing, I have to have feelings for a woman before I want to have sex with her.

(Do you really treat women as just a hole to come in? ...... Ewwwww)

And the thought that, if I did 1 night, how many other guys had done 1 night, and the thought of disease always put me off.

And HIV, Hepatitis, Herpes (etc.) tests, one before each 1 night stand, hardly practical, or do you just not bother.

What is she deliberately gets preggers from your 1 night stand, 19 years of child maintenance? very pricey for 1 night.

Sorry, I mix up sex with relationships and marriage and children .... yeah I know, soppy of me.

Toy-boys and house-husbands ..... can't really think that works for many women ..... cash flow all wrong.

I know this might shock you, so please sit comfortably... not all marriages end in divorce. As I have told you before (many times), your life (and view on life) is not shared by every man.

Just because all of your relationships with women may have involved some form of financial transfer from you to her, it does not mean that all relationships are like that.

As I often do when responding to your comments, I would like to add the caveat that I am talking about planet earth in the 21st century which I am aware may not be what you are talking about.

PS: if it was possible to add one of those little cartoon faces from my phone, I would add a funny one just to show you I mean no harm...

Edited by brit1984

I know this might shock you, so please sit comfortably... not all marriages end in divorce. As I have told you before (many times), your life (and view on life) is not shared by every man.

Just because all of your relationships with women may have involved some form of financial transfer from you to her, it does not mean that all relationships are like that.

More than 50% of marriages end in divorce.

More than 90% of male relationships with women involve some sort of financial transfer from the man to the woman.

These statistics are not questioned, and I personally do not find them unrealistic.

But you didn't answer any of my questions, while I always answer yours ......... seems a bit one-sided, don't you think.

I think this might shock you, please sit comfortably

You're quite young, I don't think you've managed to reach any of the main relationship failure stages yet.

(there seem to be three main relationship failure clusters for western people, children age 10, children leave home, menopause)

When you do, I don't think you'll cope well with the loss of your home and children.

PS.

I lived most of my life in the 20th century ...... can't see that changing.

In the 21st century I think marriages and relationships will fail more often, as women become more selfish and less prepared to 'endure' for the sake of their children. Something that was relatively common in the 20th century.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

More than 50% of marriages end in divorce.

More than 90% of male relationships with women involve some sort of financial transfer from the man to the woman.

These statistics are not questioned, and I personally do not find them unrealistic.

But you didn't answer any of my questions, while I always answer yours ......... seems a bit one-sided, don't you think.

I think this might shock you, please sit comfortably

You're quite young, I don't think you've managed to reach any of the main relationship failure stages yet.

(there seem to be three main relationship failure clusters for western people, children age 10, children leave home, menopause)

When you do, I don't think you'll cope well with the loss of your home and children.

Sorry to go off topic, i can understand the problems when kids leave home and menopause, but why the children age 10?

Not being funny, but a genuine question

Sorry to go off topic, i can understand the problems when kids leave home and menopause, but why the children age 10?

I think its probs a time when women feel they are on the home run, and get a bit more freedom from running around after the kids, but still feel they are young enough to attract another man.

I think its probs a time when women feel they are on the home run, and get a bit more freedom from running around after the kids, but still feel they are young enough to attract another man.

Its interesting, i am in mid 30's, never been married, but looking to do so very soon,

I actually appreciate learning from guys like yourself about all the traps (i guess can call it that)

As you can imagine being mid 30's, not married and never really lived with someone for long enough, it is hard enough as it is to change my ways, even more so with a partner from a different culture

SO anyhow,thank you for the info :)