PM Yingluck's Hotel Meeting 'Appropriate'

webfact

Carra

1. The investigation is not yet complete.

2. I find it more than a little stange that the ombudsman comments prior to a verdicy being reached.

3. That one of the key witnesses has suspended his hearing idefininitely also concerns me

4. Given the above it pricks my attention and I want to know more

5. I don't recall appointing you to determine what is important to me

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't need to know, the ombudsman has decided the meeting was 'appropriate' so that's that, It is others making the meeting out to be important, not me, so do they know the 'importance' of this meeting or are they just guessing?

The only place "appropriate " is mentioned is the headline. He stated he "thinks" the meeting was "not indecent" which I pointed out does not equate to "appropriate".

When politicians refuse to talk it is usually for very good reasons, at least as far as they are concerned. The PM has just come out with anti-corruption stance with this rotten fish hanging around her neck, and trailing another (called "perjury") behind her on a string because nobody believes the "new" definition.

• Like 1

What gripes many people, was the fact that private time can be made-such as time like this And VIP Government meetings in Parliament are avoided, and poor excuses given for non attendance. makes people suck lemons, when responsibility should be there-especially when you have mega probs in a backward country, well 70per cent anyway.

• Like 1

Well, one thing is certain. We will not hear about this on the Saturday with the PM program. She's off to Australia then. I wonder which foolminister will represent her this time?

What is so unusual about a Thai government minister having secret meetings with big business?

Absolutely nothing - its business as usual. Now if you excuse me, I have an appointment with Khun Poo for a little "something something". :0

Well, one thing is certain. We will not hear about this on the Saturday with the PM program. She's off to Australia then. I wonder which foolminister will represent her this time?

Dame Edna?

Please pay attention. I crossed out the fool and wrote minister instead whistling.gif

PS if only Benny Hill was still alive crying.gif

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

Dame Edna?

Please pay attention. I crossed out the fool and wrote minister instead whistling.gif

PS if only Benny Hill was still alive crying.gif

Benny Hill would be my first choice for Minister of Morals and Ethics.

It would save a lot of paperwork, the perfect cleavage would be prime target, and free fishnet stockings for all permanent secretaries, female or male.

Couldn't be any worse than this shambles.

Good evening viewers ;)

Dame Edna?

Sadly misinformed. That would be Sir Les Patterson.

Dame Edna?

That was the character name I was going for, but that old bad memory thing kicked in again, I did know that an Oz would get it for me though ;)

Dame Edna?

That was the character name I was going for, but that old bad memory thing kicked in again, I did know that an Oz would get it for me though wink.png

Have to admit, I had to look this up

"Sir Leslie Colin "Les" Patterson is a fictional character portrayed by the Australian comedian Barry Humphries. Obese, lecherous and offensive, this farting, belching, nose-picking figure of Rabelaisian excess is an antipodean Falstaff. He is Dame Edna Everage's exact opposite: she is female, refined, Protestant and from Melbourne; he is male, uncouth, Catholic and from Sydney.

Patterson's humour abounds in such a wide range of racist and sexual stereotypes that it would offend almost anyone who takes it at face value.

He boasts of his prowess with his "Girl Friday" and his trips to Bangkok "rub and tug shops"

He jokes that "the best place to hide something from a Pom is under a bar of soap".

He also resents Australians having died "stopping a bullet for the Pommy Empire.""

http://en.wikipedia....r_Les_Patterson

EDIT: ADD: This is not off topic, Sir Leslie could have been at the Four Seasons. It would have been in character tongue.png

Edited by rubl

That was the character name I was going for, but that old bad memory thing kicked in again, I did know that an Oz would get it for me though wink.png

"Sir Leslie Colin "Les" Patterson is a fictional character portrayed by the Australian comedian Barry Humphries. Obese, lecherous and offensive, this farting, belching, nose-picking figure of Rabelaisian excess is an antipodean Falstaff. He is Dame Edna Everage's exact opposite: she is female, refined, Protestant and from Melbourne; he is male, uncouth, Catholic and from Sydney.

Patterson's humour abounds in such a wide range of racist and sexual stereotypes that it would offend almost anyone who takes it at face value.

He boasts of his prowess with his "Girl Friday" and his trips to Bangkok "rub and tug shops"

He jokes that "the best place to hide something from a Pom is under a bar of soap".

He also resents Australians having died "stopping a bullet for the Pommy Empire.""

EDIT: ADD: This is not off topic, Sir Leslie could have been at the Four Seasons. It would have been in character tongue.png

Sir Les keeps a photo of Edna on his bedside table saying "Nothing slows you down like a wife."

Also reknown for dropping cigarette ash, setting fire to his tie, and slopping some beer on it to put it out.

My point is that in Oz, if you can't laugh at yourself, somebody will do it for you.

Dame Edna?

Nah should be Pauline Hanson...........

Sir Les keeps a photo of Edna on his bedside table saying "Nothing slows you down like a wife."

Also reknown for dropping cigarette ash, setting fire to his tie, and slopping some beer on it to put it out.

My point is that in Oz, if you can't laugh at yourself, somebody will do it for you.

Three things we loved about the Australian cultural attache, Sir Les Patterson.

1, He was funny,

2 He was more refined than your average Aussie

3 He wasn't called Bruce.

Toodle pip!wink.png

• Like 1

The hotel said they kept tapes of the CCTV for one month before erasing them.

The story broke within a day or two of Yingluk's visit,

That was what I noticed when they said the tapes had been erased. The story broke right after it happened and no one thought to keep the tapes or make a copy for the entire month before they were erased? ermm.gif

how convenient.... dry.png

Luckily the fearless crimefighter Chalerm says he has seen them, ( I wonder if he made a copy?).

And the man at the centre of the controversy, Mr Chettha, consistently refuses to testify.

and yet, the issue is now somehow resolved and everything was determined to be "appropriate" rolleyes.gif

The Ombusdman seems to have forgotten to mention the open area he refers to is only open to guests who rent one of the private rooms on the same floor.

but... uhmmm.... errrr.... uhhh...

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 1

The only place the word "appropriate" is used is in the Nation's headline.

" I believe that people of this stature would not use such a place for anything improper,"

Apparently he believes that a secret meeting for a bit of insider trading is not improper. Relative to the other stuff this lot get up to, it probably isn't.

Edited by OzMick
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...