Need Uk Passport Translated To Thai ...

The only translation I have heard of that is required is if you got married outside of Thailand then your marriage certificate must be translated and official stamped at MFA.

No Passport translations required, whoever told you that is winding you up.

• Like 1

To obtain a yellow tabian ban, the amphur administration asked for a translation of the photo page of my passport. This translation has been done by a local translation service.

To obtain a yellow tabian ban, the amphur administration asked for a translation of the photo page of my passport. This translation has been done by a local translation service.

Not required in Nonthaburi to get a Yellow Book. They knew what a passport looked like and what information it held.

Not required in Nonthaburi to get a Yellow Book. They knew what a passport looked like and what information it held.

But if you are marreid or have a work permit I would take work permit or entry in marriage registration with you, so they can use the same spelling of your name in Thai as in the other official documents. Might save some trouble later in convincing you are one and the same person.

Not being a smart ass but he wanted a translation of Name: DOB, Nationality, sex, ........expiration date of pp..?......its fairly straight forward hence why all passports are the same including Thai passports.....I think you were just made jump through hoops for a bit of amusement...

Thank you for this information. I was told it was needed by the woman (large, glasses, attitude) in charge at Nakhorn Phanom Immigration, who I understand has a bit of a reputation. I am in BKK next week, so will get one done on the street anyway. I'll keep it for emergencies after I tell her I don't need one!

(I had a translation done for the wedding, obviously - but I can't find it!)

Thanks again.

Nk requires passport translation into Thai,front page only for house registration.

It's not a big deal,but extra costs if somewhere else not required.

anyway,in case of my then newly born daughter,there wasn't a translated passports name, so it was scratching time on the birth certificate...to get the correct surname on the paper.

since my passport show's ( christian tradition) added middle names...hgm.a, it is very convenient to have a house registration were my "correct" Thai translated names are mentioned it saves a lot of misinterpretation.

Nk requires passport translation into Thai,front page only for house registration.

Did they require the translation to be certified by a (court?) appointed translator, or was it simply a matter of rendering into Thai?

Did they require the translation to be certified by a (court?) appointed translator, or was it simply a matter of rendering into Thai?

I have never heard of a court appointed translator. Translator just puts their stamp and signature on document. In some cases the translation has to be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok (IE: affirmation of permit to marry from embassy/consulate).

• 11 years later...
On 5/23/2012 at 10:15 AM, beano2274 said:

I live in Sakon Nakhon and they refused me a Yellow Book insisting I get a  translated copy of my passport stamped by the British Embassy.

I had a copy stamped by a BKK notary but that wasn't good enough..........a total nonsense they expect me at 75 years of age to go 1400 km round trip to BKK and back never mind the expense.

• Confused 1