Bus Udon Thani ~ Vientiane

boogiewoogie

Centre of town near front of central - there are buses frequently to bridge. If you already have visa for Laos then stay on it to Vientianne, if not get off after crossing border, get visa & find transport from border to Vientianne clap2.gif

The Transport Company, the Government bus Cie, has a regular service to Vientiane.

It might be handy to obtain a visa with the consulate in Khon Kaen.

I understand there is also the Lao state bus company having direct connections from Udon and Khon Kaen to Vientiane.

Anyway, in the busstation try to find the office or ticket office of the Transport Company.

For info & tickets

Or just jump on the train then a tuk tuk to the immigration there are many ways to get thereb bus chapest option and as mentioned before and only 50ks away.

• 2 weeks later...

Minibuses UT-NK from airport take you for I think it was 100 baht and they drop you wherever you want. quicker and more comfortable. Maybe just need to time it with a flight. Have used and excellent to go. How you get one back and from where I don't know because I stayed in NK for 2 nights after visa run and got picked up.