Business Class Chauffeur Service From Emirates

bolt

Dear friends

how far can we travel with the chauffeur service from emirates and, how much do we pay for further distance travelled.

For example BKK to Pattaya 130km(ish)

Anyone ?

Sent from my here using this

Bangkok (BKK) Within a 60km radius of Suvarnabhumi International Airport. Itineraries which are exclusively between Bangkok and Hong Kong are not eligible for Chauffeur-drive. Excess mileage charged at THB 35 per km for First Class and Business Class. Payment can be made in cash or by credit card.

Bangkok (BKK) Within a 60km radius of Suvarnabhumi International Airport. Itineraries which are exclusively between Bangkok and Hong Kong are not eligible for Chauffeur-drive. Excess mileage charged at THB 35 per km for First Class and Business Class. Payment can be made in cash or by credit card.

The last time I traveled with Emirates they were not offering the Chauffer-drive here in Thailand, when did they change this?

At 35 Baht per excess km that would cost me some 6,600 Baht to get to Hua-Hin. I can't see anybody using it at that price if you are a single traveller.

The last time I traveled with Emirates they were not offering the Chauffer-drive here in Thailand, when did they change this?

At 35 Baht per excess km that would cost me some 6,600 Baht to get to Hua-Hin. I can't see anybody using it at that price if you are a single traveller.

http://www.emirates.com/english/plan_book/to_and_from_airport/chauffeur_drive/where_available.aspx

Under Bangkok/Asia & pacific

I just used the service and it worked like a charm. You can book your car online when accessing your itinerary. Then you get a call the day before to confirm the car. The car both ways for me in BKK was a newish Benz C220, and a Volvo in Dubai. Not bad at all for a free add-on, and the business class fare was cheaper than Thai to Dubai.

I'd also say Emirates A380 (BKK-DXB) and B777-300ER (DXB-BKK) services were much better than TG in terms of seating and meal service. Their inflight entertainment system was the best I have seen on any airline. I'm not a big fan of A380s, particularly when they are fully booked as my last flight was, but the business class bar and lounge was fun. The bartender had an instant camera and was inviting everyone to stand behind the bar for their photo. Good fun, except that this was all at 3:30 am BKK time.

Use it all the time when staying overnight in Bangkok on the way to Pattaya or Phuket. Excellent service. The 35 Baht / km excess charge is an intentional deal killer I suppose. smile.png

It is a good service I agree, I used it all the time from southern Scotland to Glasgow.. great drivers, great cars.

Shame Singapore Airlines dont offer the same.

• 3 months later...

Has anyone used it to Pattaya yet? Just wondering what the charge is, I know in Scotland you actually can do many more miles than allowed as its measured "as the crow flies" so Pattaya may not be much over the 60km limit

From Suvarnabhumi to my home (on the dark side) is exactly 121 Km.

Yermanee wai.gif

Has anyone used it to Pattaya yet? Just wondering what the charge is, I know in Scotland you actually can do many more miles than allowed as its measured "as the crow flies" so Pattaya may not be much over the 60km limit

From Suvarnabhumi to my home (on the dark side) is exactly 121 Km.

Yermanee wai.gif

Thanks - the distance for the chauffeur is not calculated that way however it is a radial distance from the airport, just don't know what radial distance pattaya would be.

In Scotland I travel over 85 miles by chauffeur from Glasgow but it still falls under the 70 mile radius so no charge