Bringing My 13 Year Old Son Along

thewebhero

Most Muay Thai gyms also train from a variation of 6am to 9am and again around 4pm to 7pm. So if you really want to train, you have amny hours taken up already. Plus you'll find yourself napping in between!

Can't say I am gonna do Muay Thai because I am "really" want to train, it is rather that it is something I can do with my son. And I can really use loosing some weight wink.png But I was hoping that we could just do the afternoon classes at the gym and use mornings to do different

stuff.

Looking like 4 months would be a better time span.biggrin.png

It is starting to look that way! Should extend the holiday! wink.png

At Lanna muay thai they do kids classes at 10 am most days with a guy called somnuk has a bit more of a relaxed feel about it than the normal classes and you get more one on one training he is really good with the kids and the class is shorter so you will have some energy to do activities during the day .

Getting your kid away from the 'digital-world' and re-introduced back into the 'real-world' of nature is essential if you want him to grow-up having a useful and down to earth set of values that will help him get through life. CM has so much along the lines of 'nature' oriented activities that have already been outlined for you by other posters...oh,ya there is the house-boats on Mae Ngat'dam

http://www.thaivisa....-created-equal/ very nice place for a day out or overnight stay.

Sometimes I think that if a teenager could parachute down somewhere into India the experience alone of the Subcontinent would be mind-blowing and surely alter his/her chromosome forever...and in a good way. A flight from BKK to Kolkata is the cheapest entry point into the Indian-reality. Good Luck and welcome to ChiangMai!!!

Edited by HaleySabai

Don't forget the caves up at Chiang Dao and the "Bat Cave" just west of Samoeng on the 1349.

Ditto to suggesting that also, google 'caves in Thailand', there are hundreds of cave in Thailand. When my son was 13 that was are favorite father son activity. There are endless wild caves, many well mapped safer caves, and several light and stair accessed tourist caves. We don't do this as often, but did enjoy a few nights at cave lodge this month caving.

Other suggestions that we enjoy;

Hiking

Mountain biking

IMG_0122.JPG,

we started off renting and joining tours.

Fishing,

149227_496330883337_581243337_7368232_1438078_n.jpg

commonly at Bosang Fishing lake (cheap cheap, big fish) and at Mae Ngat reservoir where we hire a boat for a half day.

Motorbike touring,

100_3425.JPG

My personal fav, we've racked up maybe 50 k km's of great touring together. With plenty of the other activities, such as fishing, hiking and caving, done whilst touring.

Have a good visit